[Guide] Laptop Buying Guide.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
can you please confirm this?

I am pretty sure its an FHD display, because I know that this laptop has an FHD variant and this particular model(for 57k) is the most expensive variant so this one must have an FHD display.Dont know about the GPU,this laptop was reviewed on notebookcheck and they found an AMD 8750m

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I am pretty sure its an FHD display, because I know that this laptop has an FHD variant and this particular model(for 57k) is the most expensive variant so this one must have an FHD display.Dont know about the GPU,this laptop was reviewed on notebookcheck and they found an AMD 8750m

8750m coupled with i7 ULV pretty sad processing!Lenovo z with i7-4700 plus 740m will be more powerful.Just we have to compromise full HD

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
8750m coupled with i7 ULV pretty sad processing!Lenovo z with i7-4700 plus 740m will be more powerful.Just we have to compromise full HD

It's for multi-taskers who feel cluttered in a HD panel, you know, the sort who just browse and stuff. Definitely not recommended for gaming. There are better gaming notebooks available in this budget. IDK in which category to fit this one into.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Wow.. :clap2: Great Work Seamon.. Nice Guide By the Way. I wish i had a similar thread to look for when i started hunting for my laptop. I also Vote for this thread to get Sticky :thumbs:(if they consider my Vote :lol:)

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Wow.. :clap2: Great Work Seamon.. Nice Guide By the Way. I wish i had a similar thread to look for when i started hunting for my laptop. I also Vote for this thread to get Sticky :thumbs:(if they consider my Vote :lol:)

It's a sticky. =.=

- - - Updated - - -

BTW thanks. :D

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
It's for multi-taskers who feel cluttered in a HD panel, you know, the sort who just browse and stuff. Definitely not recommended for gaming. There are better gaming notebooks available in this budget. IDK in which category to fit this one into.

Just make a seperate list of FHD laptops.There are very few in the market

sasha007

Broken In
Did some minor updates..........I'll add a touch laptop section soon.

Thanks for your efforts sir . Had a query :)

You said that MSI offers international warranty . But are MSI laptops available anymore in India ?

They are gone from flipkart and ppl are sying that MSI has shut operations in India .

So Is MSI going to offer warranty in India for laptops from now on ?

Also , Does Asus ROG laptops have warranty coverage here in India ?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Msi laptops are not available in India. Msi does not provide warranty in India, to get official warranty, one has to ship his/her msi laptop to somewhere nearby in Asia which is cheaper than shipping to US.

Msi laptops are repairable locally due to their simplicity in design.

Asus does provide ROG warranty in India.

sasha007

Broken In
Msi laptops are not available in India. Msi does not provide warranty in India, to get official warranty, one has to ship his/her msi laptop to somewhere nearby in Asia which is cheaper than shipping to US.

Msi laptops are repairable locally due to their simplicity in design.

Asus does provide ROG warranty in India.

So the only option if we want to import a gaming laptop from US are Asus ROG and Alienware .

I know that Dell provide international warranty here in India as well and it is awesome .

What about Asus warranty in India ? If i purchase warranty extension in US would it be valid here in India ?

PS :- I'm prefering to buy from US Asus ROG over alienware as alienware looks quite bulky and ugly . Asus ROG is comparatively light and sexy ! But concerned about the Indian warranty .

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So the only option if we want to import a gaming laptop from US are Asus ROG and Alienware .

I know that Dell provide international warranty here in India as well and it is awesome .

What about Asus warranty in India ? If i purchase warranty extension in US would it be valid here in India ?

PS :- I'm prefering to buy from US Asus ROG over alienware as alienware looks quite bulky and ugly . Asus ROG is comparatively light and sexy ! But concerned about the Indian warranty .

Both are almost same bulky. Get Alienware imo, you won't regret it.

int86

You'r Born Free
Lenovo Essential G500 (59-380860) Laptop (3rd Gen Intel Core i3 3110M- 2GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- DOS) (Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com
Thought of buying this . The only con I find, this comes with 2GB RAM with only one slot.
Thought of upgrading it to a single 4gb stick.
Any suggestion as I have planed to buy it next week from snapdeal.

Gollum

Collector
seamon said:
I would suggest the HP ZBOOK 17. Go to Gollum and ask him directly. If you send in an email they will call you.
This one is an extremely customizable laptop with top notch components. Every damn thing can be customized as the price will change accordingly.

HP Mobile Workstation- ZBook 17 | HP® India

Warning:- A maxed out ZBOOK 17 with core i7 4930 MX version, Quadro K5100M, SSD+HDD and DreamColor screen can cost well above 5 lakh INR so choose the components wisely and try to keep them to a min.

FIXED
you did not add the correct display. brightview is sh1t - HP dream color is the best display in the market
apart from zbook17 you also have elitebook 8770w

also in 85k business section you should really add elitebook 9470m. I have this untrabook and it rocks
and who uses apple for business lol

if anyone wants to buy a hp notebook or desktop let me know. I can test your selected model before you buy

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
FIXED
you did not add the correct display. brightview is sh1t - HP dream color is the best display in the market
apart from zbook17 you also have elitebook 8770w

also in 85k business section you should really add elitebook 9470m. I have this untrabook and it rocks
and who uses apple for business lol

if anyone wants to buy a hp notebook or desktop let me know. I can test your selected model before you buy

I inquired about the elitebook 8770w, they told me that it has been discontinued.

Everyone uses macs for business imo. They have legendary reliability. Your laptop is way overpriced considering it's not a mac.

Ok. BTW do you know how is Aus service for ROG here in India ? And Can i extend earranty here for a US laptop with 1 yr international warranty ?

Please reply .
I think u can buy warranty extension & it will be valid here. Only ADP is unavailable here, if bought from abroad & if the laptop has it.....

justgothere

Broken In
This thread is a wealth of information.I'm from non-technical background hence much of that is way above my head :). I have a query and if this is not the proper place then please delete it.
I want to buy a laptop within 25-30 k. This will be for the study purpose of my kids, one is in standard 6 and another in standard 4. They are capable of basic computer operation and so is their mom. Naturally you can understand nothing much demanding will run on it. It better be a robust piece with preferably spill proof key boards. Passable graphics and other performance will be acceptable but a dvd drive is needed because many study materials these days come in discs :confused:
Pointers will be appreciated.
Regards

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
This thread is a wealth of information.I'm from non-technical background hence much of that is way above my head :). I have a query and if this is not the proper place then please delete it.
I want to buy a laptop within 25-30 k. This will be for the study purpose of my kids, one is in standard 6 and another in standard 4. They are capable of basic computer operation and so is their mom. Naturally you can understand nothing much demanding will run on it. It better be a robust piece with preferably spill proof key boards. Passable graphics and other performance will be acceptable but a dvd drive is needed because many study materials these days come in discs :confused:
Pointers will be appreciated.
Regards

Thank you for the compliment.

I can think of Lenovo Thinkpad series which are made waterproof but you have to personally ask the guys in the shop which one is waterproof specifically.
Otherwise you can get a keyboard guard like me which saves the KB from spills. I bought mine in a Lenovo store.

Gollum

Collector
I inquired about the elitebook 8770w, they told me that it has been discontinued.

Everyone uses macs for business imo. They have legendary reliability. Your laptop is way overpriced considering it's not a mac.

lol name some businesses who use macs. 99% of business computers run on Windows based PC's.
A mac is a consumer product.

My notebook is business PC and I use it for work. Its speed is awesome and security is top notch. Its only expensive because of the formfactor. HP's are generally expensive but yeah 3yr warranty is really good.

Top Bottom