[Guide] Laptop Buying Guide.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
You really think replying to a guy who haven't posted since 22 Aug 2011 is "helping"? I don't get the purpose of posting a poem too on that thread.
Also, you accepted you were necro bumping too. So you were indeed doing it on purpose.

And now you try to defame a mod by posting his PM. You really deserve a permaban.
But I will leave that decision to the actual super mods. Members who don't understand the "importance of community" don't really belong on a forum such as this.

It was a simple joke and I got banned for that without a warning. Necro-bumping is not even mentioned in the rules. Who are you to judge if I am helping or not?

I am not defaming vkl, just posting why I am so pissed off.
I have been helping people in this sub-forum for months now and if that's not understanding the "importance of community" then I ask you what is?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
It was a simple joke and I got banned for that without a warning. Necro-bumping is not even mentioned in the rules. Who are you to judge if I am helping or not?

I have been helping people in this sub-forum for months now and if that's not understanding the "importance of community" then I ask you what is?

OFFTOPIC !

Anyways I wanted to ask you a question!
Is it reasonable to buy i5 y510p now for 55-59k and upgrade with $200 i7-4800?
And SLI

OR

W8 for Y50 launch???

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

cool down dude. these bans and infractions are just reminder of the rules. nothing else. even i had received infraction in the past. even this applies to mods.dont worry. move on.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
OFFTOPIC !

And SLI

OR

W8 for Y50 launch???

dont buy a laptop now just for the sake of upgrading the processor later. upgrading your desktop processor is very easy, but laptop processors might even be soldered on to the motherboard, so. i'd suggest, better wait and buy what you want.
yes, if you have budget restrictions now, you may do a RAM upgrade later or might be Harddisk too , but not processor.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
OFFTOPIC !

And SLI

OR

W8 for Y50 launch???

That's a great incentive but be very careful if you want to open up the laptop as this will void warranty(unless Lenovo India customer care guys are so non-technical that they won't see the warranty sticker). Don't Forget IC Diamond 24 as this doesn't cost much but reduces the temps by upto 10-15 degrees over stock.

Y50 will have 10% greater GPU performance. IDK about cost. It will probably have a soldered CPU and GPU to make cooling efficient in such a small package.

- - - Updated - - -

Guide re-posted.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't really see the point of a laptop buying guide when everybody(the self-proclaimed experts) keep on recommending Lenovo laptops across all price ranges.:cool:.All I see on the threads now are Lenovo G's and Z's and Y's....et al

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I don't really see the point of a laptop buying guide when everybody(the self-proclaimed experts) keep on recommending Lenovo laptops across all price ranges.:cool:.All I see on the threads now are Lenovo G's and Z's and Y's....et al

It's so that people don't buy trash Dell laptops. :p
Also, wasn't this your idea in the first place?
Even though it is universally accepted that Lenovo provides the best performance+Build quality, this guide opens up options for someone having second(and unwise) thoughts.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
You can always question the experts about their suggestion,but closing a thread which has been stickied and has got more than 5k views seems illogical.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
You can always question the experts about their suggestion,but closing a thread which has been stickied and has got more than 5k views seems illogical.

+1

Lenovo is the king now.
this guide may also help as to which laptop to buy. even when its sure to be lenovo.
lets keep this thread open guys.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
It's so that people don't buy trash Dell laptops. :p
Also, wasn't this your idea in the first place?
Even though it is universally accepted that Lenovo provides the best performance+Build quality, this guide opens up options for someone having second(and unwise) thoughts.

Lol, yes this was my idea but that was before Lenovo went all "Samsung" on laptops and took the "kitchen sink" approach.

This was an excellent guide but now it has lost its purpose as a GUIDE ever since Lenovo has invaded the laptop market with its products.I may as well write a new laptop buying guide with a single word "LENOVO" in the subject :razz:

Anyways, I have left all the "advice giving" up-to you as I am busy contemplating various answers to the question.."What is the meaning of life ?".

Cheers!
Abhijit

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Lol, yes this was my idea but that was before Lenovo went all "Samsung" on laptops and took the "kitchen sink" approach.

This was an excellent guide but now it has lost its purpose as a GUIDE ever since Lenovo has invaded the laptop market with its products.I may as well write a new laptop buying guide with a single word "LENOVO" in the subject :razz:

Anyways, I have left all the "advice giving" up-to you as I am busy contemplating various answers to the question.."What is the meaning of life ?".

Cheers!
Abhijit

Meaning of life? :<

I am waiting for MSI, I hope we see competition then.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
This is somewhat urgent.
I dumped my old desktop and am on a lookout for a new laptop. 30-40k.

I picked these two:
Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.35404 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Sleek Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398411) Laptop (4th Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.34750 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398411) Laptop (4th Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Can anyone tell me what is the difference in performance of the Radeon HD 8750M and Sunpro 8570.
I suppose the Sunpro is just rebranded but can someone confirm?

I posted a seperate thread but didn't get any reply.

Also, if I get the Lenovo,I'm planning to add another 4/8 GB RAM. How much more will it cost?

This is somewhat urgent.
I dumped my old desktop and am on a lookout for a new laptop. 30-40k.

I picked these two:
Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.35404 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Sleek Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398411) Laptop (4th Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.34750 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398411) Laptop (4th Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Can anyone tell me what is the difference in performance of the Radeon HD 8750M and Sunpro 8570.
I suppose the Sunpro is just rebranded but can someone confirm?

I posted a seperate thread but didn't get any reply.

Also, if I get the Lenovo,I'm planning to add another 4/8 GB RAM. How much more will it cost?
Get the Samsung one & put another 4GB RAM in it if you want

kaz

right here
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] great guide bro :doublethumb: subscribed
My almost 3years old XPS L502X with 2GB GT540 looks so weak when compared with the new models available currently. :oops:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Guys it's urgent Dilemma!
My dad has given me 1.2L in hands and I am supposed to-

1.Buy 2 laptops(1 for me & 1 for my sis)
2.Good Specs(She is Pursuing architecture and I am pursuing civil(So decent specs to run all autocad softwares!)

3.Same identical laptops(I can't fool him by buying myself y510p i7 and giving her a low end HP or dell ULV)

I have short listed -

2 Y510p with core i5
Lenovo Store Price -57500/- without accessories

58500/- with

General questionnaire:
1.Is it a wise decision?
2.Accessories worth 1k bucks?
3.₹57500 or ₹58500 a good price???
4.Will there be any major performance differences?
5.Synaptics or Élan touchpad option available?
6.Flipkart or W.S. Retail?

Your suggestions are welcome!

Special request to Seamon and all other PCgeeks out there;
PLEASE HELP!

Top Bottom