gtx 660ti vs gtx760

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ slightly off topic but what could be the underlying business strategy from nvidia to launch a ti version of a mid-high range card from the generation lineup running at that time? Which again almost performs at a lesser price same as the next better card of the same generation. Why is there a 660 and 660ti both ?

Which buyer's section will be willing to buy the 660 non ti if ti is available, and if it performs nearly well to a 670 , with a bit oc'ing of course, then why would anyone buy a 670?

the emerge of a ti version puts question mark on both its immediate next and previous units from a buyer's point, if i were a buyer i would ask if i buy a GTX760 now, and tmrw nvidia comes up with 760ti with a price gap of affordable margin against performance gain, then my 760 is a waste? do nvidia puts it that way?

^^ slightly off topic but what could be the underlying business strategy from nvidia to launch a ti version of a mid-high range card from the generation lineup running at that time? Which again almost performs at a lesser price same as the next better card of the same generation. Why is there a 660 and 660ti both ?

Which buyer's section will be willing to buy the 660 non ti if ti is available, and if it performs nearly well to a 670 , with a bit oc'ing of course, then why would anyone buy a 670?

the emerge of a ti version puts question mark on both its immediate next and previous units from a buyer's point, if i were a buyer i would ask if i buy a GTX760 now, and tmrw nvidia comes up with 760ti with a price gap of affordable margin against performance gain, then my 760 is a waste? do nvidia puts it that way?

> Currently, the cheapest 650 card available is from Zotac costing 7999 and the cheapest 650ti card is also from Zotac costing 9799.

> Similarly, the cheapest 660 card is from Zotac costing 16,399 and cheapest 660ti card is from MSI costing 21,400.

> In case of 650 and 650ti, people who buy this card generally have a lower and limited budget. imagine when someone originally had a budget of say 6-7k. For him, increasing his budget by 2k or 1k will get him a 650. in this case, for someone who already had to increase his budget by 2k to get a 650, 650ti is out of equation.

> in case of 660 and 660ti, the ~5k price difference does the job :)

Piyush

Lanaya
I was about to buy 7870 recently, but because of the launch of 760 and the fall of Indian rupee, I'm standing in a waiting -n- pondering queue.

That PSU will do the job iff you dont do any OCing and add other PSU hogging components.
Beware of CM low end PSUs as they will fail you one day, soon enough. (*In my case, my GX 550 was blown up 5 times, and then I had to settle with GX 450 Bronze. Good thing that this one is working fine since 2 yrs or so :fingerscrossed: )

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

keep OCing out of question for now .. every cards performs better when OCed ;)

Npow as for cards like 650/650ti/650ti boost/660/660ti/760/670 - all of them have different performance and price level and don't forget they need to compete with AMD cards with similar price range and out perform some of the rival card from AMD by a little margin - at the end of the day it's all about business and competition :D

ankush28

Bazinga
all in all my suggetion still 760...
as 6XX series will leave market in 1- 11/2 year ...
AND 760 is based on new architecture and more developed:D

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, apart from GTX 780, none of the nvidia 700 series cards are based on new design or architecture, they are just Kepler with some tweaking. GTX 760 is a stripped down version of GTX 670, just like HD 7870XT is stripped down version of HD 7950. 700 series offers better PCB and some power consumption tweaks which enable them run at slightly higher speed (both GPU and memory speed) while maintaining the same level of power consumption of their respective 600 series cards.
However, architecture part part, GTX 760 performs closer to a GTX 670 but available at the price of a GTX 660 Ti and offers better overclocking potential. So it should be the choice of the OP here.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I was about to buy 7870 recently, but because of the launch of 760 and the fall of Indian rupee, I'm standing in a waiting -n- pondering queue.

That PSU will do the job iff you dont do any OCing and add other PSU hogging components.
Beware of CM low end PSUs as they will fail you one day, soon enough. (*In my case, my GX 550 was blown up 5 times, and then I had to settle with GX 450 Bronze. Good thing that this one is working fine since 2 yrs or so :fingerscrossed: )

dude m also waiting for new amd release and dollar price to get down but still m considering 760 to be the only good option atm.......

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
friends i was decided to buy gtx 760 but due to rupee going down 760 now costs 22k minimum,, now what to do? :|

Well, if 760 is out of budget, you can safely go with 660ti. Get the asus one, it has a good cooler making higher overclocks possible.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
if you are waiting for HD 9000 then just wait till Nov.

yup waiting to see how will it compare to nvidia 7xx at same price, but ofcourse i will have to buy nvidia one only cause it will take time to stabilize the prices of the 9xxx series........

if what i m thing is correct 9950 should have almost similar performance to b/w 770 and 780......

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
++ to Topgear's suggestion... No point in going with older gen cards now. its already discussed that 760 is faster. Waiting awhile is worth it...if i were op, i could have bought it by now breaking some piggy banks...torturing friends and all. who knows if INR will hit 70+ :( ...but thats me...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@abuzar

Buddy don't even think of getting the 660-ti. 760 is a much better card and pricing is almost same for both.
For 20k, 760 is a no-brainer. Grab one of the following choices. Asus DCII and zotac amp are also worth the extra price owing to efficient cooler and factory overclock.
Performs better than the reference and can go even higher.

ON SALE! - ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 760 2GB DDR5 - Rs.20,699 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

ON SALE! - ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 760 2GB DDR5 AMP EDITION - Rs.22,599 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

ON SALE! - ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 760 DC II OC EDITION - Rs.21,999 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Galaxy: Flipkart.com

Piyush

Lanaya
Even though 760 uses the same architecture, is it really a good deal to git it instead of 660?
How much difference is there between there performance and price. I wanna know performance per dollar thing.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
friends now i decided to go with zotac gtx 760 but non oc because that's what i can afford right now .is it worth extra to go with oc?
friends i have also seen my psu that is coolermaster thunder 500w is not good enough to power gtx 760
so can u all suggest any good cheap psu for gtx 760?

Top Bottom