Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Rs. 5.5k................who is the main dealer of Palit in India??????

Hey! Thats good news! Palit is always fast. They brought 9800GT first to India and then others followed. Same with HD4670. And its a great card too. Priced at exactly 5.5k..... its a steal I say!

Thanks. I'm not interested in buying right now. Just wanted to know exactly how good (or bad) my card is compared to the others. I'm content with this card as of now, even though I can't play all the latest games at decent settings. I'm waiting for the right time to buy.

Go buy Palit HD4670 8).

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

i m sorry to tell u my friend but actually u are urself confused about "sonic" nomenclature here ...."sonic" means factory overcloked ,its same for all palit model ..9600 gt sonic,9600 gso sonic,9800gt sonic and list goes on ...

which means HD4850 sonic is clocked @685 MHz as to against 625MHz of plain palit Hd4850 .(which also comes with a new heatsink and a dual slot cooler)

check the core clocks urself !

Hd4850
*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=853

HD4850 sonic
*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=755

similarly

Hd470 sonic is clocked @ 775MHz as against to Hd4870 plain @750 MHz

sapphire has also a factory ovrclocked model called Hd4850 toxic with core clock Oced to 675 MHz and a zalman cooling solution ..

it talks about AMD FUSION which is altogether a different thing..its coming up microprocessor architecture design

read here

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Fusion

we are talking about somebody's claim about existing ATI cards working better on AMD platform rather than intel platform ....which is not true!
Hey! What can I say, I'm an Indidiot! Thank u for correcting but I'm right on the cooling part ;) BTW but the article at Extremetech clearly classifies Fusion as an OCing Utility then why contradictory info. at Wiki. Will read Extreme Tech one once again to clearly get it, have A.D.D (Aao Doobara Do);) It is the reason for my "Fatness and Awesomeness" :D

abhishekky

Right off the assembly line

I have one simple query about compatibility/support.

I am using AMD X2 3800+, Asus M2N-E mobo and XFX 7300GT 512mb.
my mobo has PCIe(x16) 1.0 slot, does it support new PCIe 2.0 GPU coz i want to replace my 7300GT with new one( 9600GT or 4670 which ever is cheaper). Does new GPU run properly on my mobo?

OR

The 8600GT is the only card left in the market which is PCIe 1.0 GPU, so i go for that only?

Guyz using PCIe 2.0 GPU on 1.0 slot, Plz share the experience........

Aone

newbee

guys i have intel D101GGC Motherboard and ATI XPRESS200 Chipset.My motherboard support only ddr1 Ram and I have 1.5GB ram.and i presently i dont have Grafix card.which card is better and cheaper to my config??
i am thinking of buying Geforce8600gt is it compatible with my mobo??
pls advise me...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^
8600GT sure is compatible with it. . i have the same combo and i've been using it for over a year now.no problems. .
but i recommed buying a 9600GS / 9600GT / 4670 .. .8600GT is too old and doesnt have enough performance for today's games ..

@abhishekky , ur mobo will handle 9600GT / 4670 without any problems .. in fact , even the bandwidth of the pcie1.1 x16 will be more than enough for the cards u have mentioned.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I have one simple query about compatibility/support.

I am using AMD X2 3800+, Asus M2N-E mobo and XFX 7300GT 512mb.
my mobo has PCIe(x16) 1.0 slot, does it support new PCIe 2.0 GPU coz i want to replace my 7300GT with new one( 9600GT or 4670 which ever is cheaper). Does new GPU run properly on my mobo?

OR

The 8600GT is the only card left in the market which is PCIe 1.0 GPU, so i go for that only?

Guyz using PCIe 2.0 GPU on 1.0 slot, Plz share the experience........

Yup, PCIe 2.0 will work but at a slower speed (8-10% slower).

I suggest Palit HD4670

ashu@digit

Broken In

i want a GPU in range of 5000/-. Pls suggest me. My system configuration is
intel 965ry board, Dual Core 3.4 Processor, 2 GB ram, 450 w Power, viewsoniq VA17wb LCD

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Lemme make it clear for all and if I'm wrong please do correct me,
Upto 5K- ATi HD4670
Upto 10K- ATi HD4850
Upto 20K- ATi HD4870
Anything more than this is Nvidia's domain, i.e. GTX280 Hope I'm not wrong. ;)

Aone

newbee

@sagargv
Are you sure mate??
here vendor says this mobo(d101ggc)doesnt have pciE slots only AGP slots..
And what is the prices of other geforce cards 9series is it costly???

imgame2

Padawan

Hey! What can I say, I'm an Indidiot! Thank u for correcting but I'm right on the cooling part ;) BTW but the article at Extremetech clearly classifies Fusion as an OCing Utility then why contradictory info. at Wiki. Will read Extreme Tech one once again to clearly get it, have A.D.D (Aao Doobara Do);) It is the reason for my "Fatness and Awesomeness" :D

oh come on man ..i did not intend to say that to u ...or mean something like that ...i m sorry u feel that way ...cos of my writing :(...

it was just like if i was wrong somewhere wouldn't u correct me ?...there can be so many things..i think i know and i may be wrong and ..and might know them so much better than me ...

infact i m sure there can be many areas u must be knowing things so much better than me

i guess thats how we can learn from each other and grow with in creativity and knowledge :)

i m sorry once again for everything ...in future i will try to be better while i write..

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@sagargv
Are you sure mate??
here vendor says this mobo(d101ggc)doesnt have pciE slots only AGP slots..
And what is the prices of other geforce cards 9series is it costly???

why ask me ?

this is my mobo. . urs too .. *www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm

expansion slot - pcie 1.1 x16

imgame2

Padawan

Reply me......:(

get palit HD4670 super for 5.5k ..available @ theitwares
the prices for this card are on higher side ..if u can wait for a month this card will be available for 4~4.5k (depending upon how the market behaves )

or xpertview 9600gt for about 5.8k..better performer ..if u can afford go for this ..

Last edited: