Graphics Cards related queries here.

imgame2

Padawan
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Palit is probably the best HD4850 vendor out there :|.
^^ totally agree to that ...no doubt !! cool and stable cards are coming from palit these days ...and without sacrificing any performance and quality ..and they are not pricey thats the best part ...

no no I dont under estimate Palit....I heard from my friend that Sapphire is most powerfull in ati card..though Palit also.........

well that depends which model u are talking about ...its difficult to find a review between sapphire HD4850 and Palit HD4850 ...but i was able to find one here ..

*www.bioslevel.com/articles/palit-radeon-hd4850/4

i agree it may not be credible enough review ..but it does say one thing ..if u don't agree to that palit HD4850 (which it does in few games,in linux according to site) is better performer ..its no where less a performer.

people tend to make an image that sapphire is powerful cos its oldest ATI partner ...thats the only reason.but really in my opinion all the HD4850 will perform the same cos they are reference design ..no change at all...hence better go with better cooling option.

i feel u might be better off buying a plait HD4850 than a sapphire HD4850 ...cos u will not face high temps noise and no other stability issues ...but choice is urs ..

another detailed review of HD4850 (though it doesn't compare sapphire)-

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850/

PS- if u look across various forums all over the world u will find people are choosing which brand and why ?

Last edited:

earlyman21

the innocent gamer

friends shud i go 4 ZOTAC 9800 gtx AMP edition or PALIT HD 4850 SONIC edition?
In digit they have given it all the awarrds on it .i mean I m 2 confused !!

ironfreak

Journeyman
Last opinion please

I want last opinion of u guys on Palit 9800 GTX+ 512MB.... I was very much conveinced earlier by the same from Evga (but superclocked). because of its unavailability I've newly launched option from Palit which is also 1k cheaper than evga. theitwares told me its Sonic Edition but Palit website doesn't show anything like that... Thats not much important.. Just wanna know the factory OCed will make any significant difference compared to non-oced ?? Tirupati ENterprises as delers for evga in India told me they 'may' get it next week.

So i want last opinion of u guys on Palit 9800 GTX+ 512MB VS the same Superclocked from Evga.... or shall I go with already available & 1k cheaper Palit ??

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Last opinion please

I want last opinion of u guys on Palit 9800 GTX+ 512MB.... I was very much conveinced earlier by the same from Evga (but superclocked). because of its unavailability I've newly launched option from Palit which is also 1k cheaper than evga. theitwares told me its Sonic Edition but Palit website doesn't show anything like that... Thats not much important.. Just wanna know the factory OCed will make any significant difference compared to non-oced ?? Tirupati ENterprises as delers for evga in India told me they 'may' get it next week.

So i want last opinion of u guys on Palit 9800 GTX+ 512MB VS the same Superclocked from Evga.... or shall I go with already available & 1k cheaper Palit ??
Go for it, and about the Palit vs EVGA feud, both Palit and EVGA uses the reference card design from nVidia, just the stickers are different, so no difference here, at the end they are just nVidia cards.

Factory OCing is nothing special, you can Overclock your card to those specs easily with RivaTuner, I got the SC edition because the normal edition wasn't available here, and Palit is a very reputed brand, get it now before the prices fluctuate anymore.

The difference between a Factory OCed and normal card is about 3-5FPS max.

P.S- Where do you live? Tirupati Kolkata has the EVGA card in stock for almost a month now, and the shop from where I got the card imported it from Tirupati in less than 20mins.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

The shootout is totally ****ed up this time. Dont be fooled by it. Go with Palit HD4850 SONIC. It beats the 9800GTX hands down and its not so hot too bcoz of the new cooling fan by Palit and the BIOS fix :).

tkin

Back to school!!

Do you mean ZOTAC 9800GTX+ Amp Edition? If so then its purely your choice, the HD4850 and 9800GTX+ Amp performs more or less alike but 9800GTX+ costs a bit more, so HD4850 is more VFM.

But the ZOTAC 9800GTX Amp is no competition for either of these cards.

ironfreak

Journeyman

P.S- Where do you live? Tirupati Kolkata has the EVGA card in stock for almost a month now, and the shop from where I got the card imported it from Tirupati in less than 20mins.

Pune... I was contacted by their guy... he told me they don't have right now and will get around Thurs next week... But anyways as u say only stickers are different... and I liked evga sticker more than Palit.:D.. Palit looks a bit childish.. i dnt knw maybe this sounds more childish:mrgreen:... ok i'll see. im very despo to get it. really impatient these days... but Palit seems more advantage= available + cheap.. so its just all mind-game!!!!! isn't it?

imgame2

Padawan

Palit HD4850 sonic all the way ....i don't know how digit people got zotac 9800gtx at 10.2k or something like that cos its no where available at that price in india ...

also my understanding says 9800gtx is 65 nm chip based card which is costly fabrication process which is why it can't be cheaper than 55nm 9800gtx+ card ...? even in US on newegg and tigerdirect all the 9800gtx model are only available for $200 range ..and zotac 9800 gtx amp is overclocked edition ..which can no way be cheaper than 9800gtx plain ...

long story short its not available at that price ....and even if u find it its not worth it cos even a plain palit beats a 9800gtx quite conviencingly most of the times ...so a palit HD4850 sonic clocked @685 MHz ..outperforms 9800 gtx ..and it will beat all the 9800 gtx+ variations ...and its just available for 10975/- @ itwares ..unlike 9800 gtx+ SC(which is much better card even from 9800 AMP !! ) @ 14k ..

just check this review of Palit 4850 sonic ...

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850_sonic/

The Palit HD4850 Sonic is an overclocked card built on a purpose built PCB. That purpose is to provide a card that is both stable and overclocks like gangbusters. It delivered clock speed increases of 15% on the RV770 core and a hefty 26% on the memory. OverclockersClub has done a few reviews on the ATI based HD4850 cards to show a wide range of performance with non reference cards with unique heatspreaders to just your basic reference video cards. Of the seven tested to date the Palit HD4850 is the cream of the crop. The three phase power design helps to get the most from this card. It just rocks. When pushed to the maximum this card gave the HD4870 and GTX260 a run for their money and and won in most instances. You just normally do not see that from a nice mid-range card. I have got to give Palit props for this card.

source
buying any other card in this category IMO is waste of money :)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

Pune... I was contacted by their guy... he told me they don't have right now and will get around Thurs next week... But anyways as u say only stickers are different... and I liked evga sticker more than Palit.:D.. Palit looks a bit childish.. i dnt knw maybe this sounds more childish:mrgreen:... ok i'll see. im very despo to get it. really impatient these days... but Palit seems more advantage= available + cheap.. so its just all mind-game!!!!! isn't it?
Absolutely correct, and be honest I also favoured EVGA as their Sticker and Logo looks more "manly" than the Palit which is a bit silly, a Giant FROG, for god's sake c'mon.:D:D

Anyway don't let this fool you, Palit is great and its purely a mind-game as you said, get over it.:p

Also consider that once the card goes in you won't be able to see those stickers anymore, so do they really matter that much?:rolleyes:

The only thing matters is the beast in your PCIe x16 slot.:D:D

Palit HD4850 sonic all the way ....i don't know how digit people got zotac 9800gtx at 10.2k or something like that cos its no where available at that price in india ...

also my understanding says 9800gtx is 65 nm chip based card which is costly fabrication process which is why it can't be cheaper than 55nm 9800gtx+ card ...? even in US on newegg and tigerdirect all the 9800gtx model are only available for $200 range ..and zotac 9800 gtx amp is overclocked edition ..which can no way be cheaper than 9800gtx plain ...

long story short its not available at that price ....and even if u find it its not worth it cos even a plain palit beats a 9800gtx quite conviencingly most of the times ...so a palit HD4850 sonic clocked @685 MHz ..outperforms 9800 gtx ..and it will beat all the 9800 gtx+ variations ...and its just available for 10975/- @ itwares ..unlike 9800 gtx+ SC(which is much better card even from 9800 AMP !! ) @ 14k ..

just check this review of Palit 4850 sonic ...

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850_sonic/

buying any other card in this category IMO is waste of money :)
One thing I'd say that the ATI Catalyst Control Centre looks damn cool & sexy, the nVidia control panel doesn't even come close in matching the looks of CCC, and being honest I really am missing the CCC and all its options, HD4870 might have been a better option after all, if only parents increased the budget by 4k:-(:-(,

HD4850 Sonic is truely a great card, if only its availibility was a bit better, when I got my system it still wasn't available here.

Last edited:

ironfreak

Journeyman

Absolutely correct, and be honest I also favoured EVGA as their Sticker and Logo looks more "manly" than the Palit which is a bit silly, a Giant FROG, for god's sake c'mon.:D:D

Anyway don't let this fool you, Palit is great and its purely a mind-game as you said, get over it.:p

Also consider that once the card goes in you won't be able to see those stickers anymore, so do they really matter that much?:rolleyes:

The only thing matters is the beast in your PCIe x16 slot.:D:D

Right evga looks more sporty & energetic.... and if Mind-games affect us more than PC games:cool:!! how powerful wud be that procy in our head!! Lol...
But its right once card is in and we won't see the sticker... + i save 1000 rs with Palit. i guess both are same in technical essence...
Let's see which games play my mind now!:razz:

tkin

Back to school!!

Right evga looks more sporty & energetic.... and if Mind-games affect us more than PC games:cool:!! how powerful wud be that procy in our head!! Lol...
But its right once card is in and we won't see the sticker... + i save 1000 rs with Palit. i guess both are same in technical essence...
Let's see which games play my mind now!:razz:
Yeah, with that 1k you can get 1GB RAM/DVD Writer/Better PSU and other stuffs,
Or 20 Biriyanis:D:D whatever be your choice.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Or 20 Biriyanis:D:D whatever be your choice.
Hey! That's my turf! AFA sticker is concerned, depends only if u intend to use a transparent casing, anyways a Green Frog with a Bazooka in hand looks mean anyday than some random green goo on ur card. :cool:

tkin

Back to school!!

Hey! That's my turf! AFA sticker is concerned, depends only if u intend to use a transparent casing, anyways a Green Frog with a Bazooka in hand looks mean anyday than some random green goo on ur card. :cool:
Yeah, I'm scared already, a gigantic semi-cybernetic smiling:) colourful FROG with a Bazooka in his hand is scaring the c$@# out of me already.

Enough laugh, now even if you have a complete transparent case you couldn't see the stickers, it faces downwards remember, have to lie down on your back to see it properly, keep us updated about your HD4850 performance.:D:D

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc

guys anyone of you play Counter Strike or Age Of Empires 2 on internet.
I need help I wanna play online.

wwwwww717

Right off the assembly line

hey guys i am using intel 915glvg motherboard i want to ...increse my graphic size to 256-512....
any good card for my mother board...
is it PCI or AGP 8x........
plzzzz let me know which one will work.........
urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how about PCI express works in intel motherboard 915Glvg...
plzzzzzzzz let me know..

Last edited:
Top Bottom