Graphics Cards related queries here.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi
Mine System Config is

Which Grafix card will go best with it mine budget is 5.5k

i ve the same config too , i added palit HD4850 for 9.7k.... Amd phenom 9550 with ATI hd4850 gives me such unexpected fps for games ,,, always ATI cards work with AMD proc,, add 2.5k for ur GPU get HD 4850 u ll experience the greater gaming experience

:rolleyes:

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY

purely depends on ur budget ....1Gb model will be slightly costly ...u just have to see thats its just not way too costly ...

how so ..? mind explaining me ?

unfortunately the ATI is AMD products same company --------->thats not the only reason the drivers are c0related :arrow:

imgame2

Padawan

unfortunately the ATI is AMD products same company --------->thats not the only reason the drivers are c0related :arrow:

oh really how are drivers correlated ...tell me ?

just google to see any review of Hd4850 uses an intel based system ....why so ...??

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY

oh really how are drivers correlated ...tell me ?

just google to see any review of Hd4850 uses an intel based system ....why so ...??

I am not sure about it , donot mistake me im telling what i ve used , i ve using dual core 3.44 earlier with ATI3850 ---->but it came across with ' i dint get satisfied but the card is great when i put in to pal's system which is AMD4000+ the game runs very great , i dont why my intel proc couldnot manage

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I am not sure about it , donot mistake me im telling what i ve used , i ve using dual core 3.44 earlier with ATI3850 ---->but it came across with ' i dint get satisfied but the card is great when i put in to pal's system which is AMD4000+ the game runs very great , i dont why my intel proc couldnot manage

Thats a wrong thing!! And this 'AMD+ATi performs great' and 'NVIDIA cards perform good on NVIDIA boards' stuff is an age old wrong superstition..... GET OUT OF IT!! ATi HD3850 was a sh1tty card in itself.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY

Thats a wrong thing!! And this 'AMD+ATi performs great' and 'NVIDIA cards perform good on NVIDIA boards' stuff is an age old wrong superstition..... GET OUT OF IT!! ATi HD3850 was a sh1tty card in itself.

ya agree with u but "imgame" ask to show ----- thats y i was telling this

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

25-30%.......... coz in itself, 8400GS is a weak card and rather than buying it, its better to stick with 6600GT and save money and buy a good 8-9.5k card :).

Thanks. I'm not interested in buying right now. Just wanted to know exactly how good (or bad) my card is compared to the others. I'm content with this card as of now, even though I can't play all the latest games at decent settings. I'm waiting for the right time to buy.

ironfreak

Journeyman

i suggest u go with palit hd4850 sonic ... its better than 9800gtx+

*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=755

if u can find saphire .. then its even better

ati hd4670.. is what u should try to get...it should be available soon

dude its long story why im gtting particularly 9800 gtx+.. i had considered all that.. but thanks, i appreciate ur help!!:)

i checked out palit website and there is no model called "9800gtx+ sonic" ..usually sonic are factory overclocked models ...just like EVGA 9800gtx+ SC or SSC models ...

but where are u located i don't think EVGA will be that difficult to find ...

and plait is good no doubt about that ...

yes even i couldn't find 'sonic' anywhere.... don't know why he told me like that..:wink:
and Palit 9800 gtx+ is 1k cheaper thank evga..!

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Everybody confused over Palit HD4850 Sonic and EVGA's 9800GT Superclocked, lemme clarify your doubts.
While EVGA's 9800GT Superclocked edition is well, Overclocked by the manufacturer's side, Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition is not OCed but has dual cooling solution as other HD4850 are known to run at higher temperatures. Palit's Sonic Edition has a Dual Heatpipe cooling mechanism topped by a fan providing better cooling than other cards and yes that includes Sapphire too. Today Palit's Sonic Edition is the coolest HD4850 out there. Even they have used the same principle on HD4870 and made HD4870 Sonic Edition which has 2 fans over the Heat pipe coolers.

Now for AMD+Ati performance thing. Yes! U will get a better result if you have a AMD CPU and ATi GPU. How??? I won't explain, just read it here.
Peace Out! :cool:

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY

i am using amd phenom 9550 i had a problem when overclocking / the stock speed is 2.2 i am using palit 4850 , when OCing phenom 9550 [2.2-> 2.6] the proc fan is running so speed and very hot ....... is there any solution for better OCing for this can any one help??????:confused::confused::confused:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

^^Plz ask your question in the official OCing thread and I'll answer it there.... :)

imgame2

Padawan

Everybody confused over Palit HD4850 Sonic and EVGA's 9800GT Superclocked, lemme clarify your doubts.
While EVGA's 9800GT Superclocked edition is well, Overclocked by the manufacturer's side, Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition is not OCed but has dual cooling solution as other HD4850 are known to run at higher temperatures. Palit's Sonic Edition has a Dual Heatpipe cooling mechanism topped by a fan providing better cooling than other cards and yes that includes Sapphire too. Today Palit's Sonic Edition is the coolest HD4850 out there. Even they have used the same principle on HD4870 and made HD4870 Sonic Edition which has 2 fans over the Heat pipe coolers.

i m sorry to tell u my friend but actually u are urself confused about "sonic" nomenclature here ...."sonic" means factory overcloked ,its same for all palit model ..9600 gt sonic,9600 gso sonic,9800gt sonic and list goes on ...

which means HD4850 sonic is clocked @685 MHz as to against 625MHz of plain palit Hd4850 .(which also comes with a new heatsink and a dual slot cooler)

check the core clocks urself !

Hd4850
*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=853

HD4850 sonic
*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=755

similarly

Hd470 sonic is clocked @ 775MHz as against to Hd4870 plain @750 MHz

sapphire has also a factory ovrclocked model called Hd4850 toxic with core clock Oced to 675 MHz and a zalman cooling solution ..

Now for AMD+Ati performance thing. Yes! U will get a better result if you have a AMD CPU and ATi GPU. How??? I won't explain, just read it here.
Peace Out! :cool:
it talks about AMD FUSION which is altogether a different thing..its coming up microprocessor architecture design

read here

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Fusion

we are talking about somebody's claim about existing ATI cards working better on AMD platform rather than intel platform ....which is not true!

Last edited:

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

hurahhh......palit HD 4670 laucnhed in India.....I will buy it next week

*www.theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

Top Bottom