Graphics Cards related queries here.

d3p

PowerHouse
Guys, any updates on Nvidia GTX 6xx & HD 7xxx Series Card release dates & their performance. Is there any threads for such discussions ??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 7xxx here:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ds-southern-islands-track-release-2011-a.html

And here:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...s-gpu-s-revealed-through-catalyst-11-7-a.html

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ Nothing sounds cheaper in Europe than having Beer [Bier] because of Sudden rise in Dollar Rate.

Forget Graphics Cards, can't even think of buying a good earphone like Monster Jamz or Turbine. They cost almost like 10k in INR. F****** Jesus, whats wrong with this Electronik Markets in Deutschland.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Can somebody give me any information about the thermal paste used in MSI's TFIII (Hawk) series? I want to replace mine with a branded one like AS5. Should I expect considerable temperature fall?

shuvadeep

Broken In
hey HTR....as when u spending so much money....y dont u try ti get a good Lappy with GOOD GPU....i mean i saying (Samsung RV NP-RV518-S01IN...with NVIDIA GeForce GT520) may be a good lappy...but bro go to Nvidia site and see...the GTX series of GPU are better....try to get GDDR5 and GTX series or AMD higher series of GPUs....cauz u paying so much money for the Lappy which will be friend for atleast 4 years from now unless u are a technaholic guy...changing Lappys for evry 6 months...i am noob in LAppy config...butu may ask others abt the points that i told and u personally can visit Nvidia or AMD site for further details...try getting HP,DELL or ASUS....the former is less priced...while the latter two are quite heavy priced series....but performance wise all 3 rocks...thank you...:-D

kratos5589

Broken In
I am having a weird issue with my System. After some times my screen starts behaving very strangely, I dont know if stuttering would be the the correct word but there are weird horizontal lines coming and going in the screen and if I keep running the computer for more than 10 mins it hangs and I have to restart to correct the problem. I thought it was my graphics card as when I tried running my system by uninstalling the drivers for the gfx card it ran fyn. Then I changed my gfx card but after 3-4 days I have started having the same problem again.
My config is -
CPU - Intel C2d E8400 3.0 GHz,
MOBO - MSI P7N SLI Platinum 750i
RAM - 3 GB DDR2 RAM,
GPU - MSI 8800GT (previous), Sapphire Radeon 6850,
PSU - Cooler Master eXtreme 600W.

So is it a gfx card issue, PSU issue or Mobo issue.
What do u guys think.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graphics card memory has nothing to do with the memory support of your motherboard. You can you use any card without being bothered. For your budget you can get a Radeon 6670 with 1gb DDR5 RAM. Also try to find if any 6750 is available within 6.5k. It should be a better deal.

d3p

PowerHouse
@Sameerwni: it will be fine & easier to suggest some good card if you can post your complete Config details.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a question:

Will GeForce GTX 550 Ti DDR5 work on my DDR2 supported mother board(Intel DG31PR). I am already having a Nvidia 9400 DD2 graphics card Installed on my PC.

Please help....... if it works then please suggest any better Nvidia card available than GeForce GTX 550 Ti within the same budget.

I am having a DG31PR intel motherboard, with 4 gb ram, 1tb HDD, 19 inch monitor and a core 2 duo processor 2.66 GHZ
The type of RAM on your motherboard and the type of RAM on your discrete graphic card have no link with each other. :p So, it will work. :)

sameerwni

Spiritual Eternity
Well Thanks then...... i am excited to get my hands on GeForce GTX 550 Ti DDR5.
Does anyone here knows its price in India or any other place ?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Didn't you mention in one of your earlier posts that your budget is 6k? I don't think you'll get a 550Ti for less than 8k. Most important of all which PSU are you currently running your system on?

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ OFC no one uses 6v & 24v PSU in this forum.

Post the make or model with wattage details of the PSU.

shuvadeep

Broken In
PHYSX dedicated card...

well guys...i have having some probelms...to choice one out....weell as we know we can use Nvidia or AMD gpu of the same spec and model for enabling SLI and Crossfire resp....but i saw in Nvidia site that we can use one high End CARD for Graphics rendering and one low end card for PHYSX dedication...now the main budget card of mine is Nvidia Geforece GTX 570(EVGA | Products i am not sure whether i have to get EVGA card as mentioned above only or other like Asus or Gigabyte or bla bla bla company (lower end card)....and also according to your suggestions..what would be the best lower end card only for PHYSX...i mean max Rs 5000....my choice NVidia Geforce 9500 GT...is it available now still???thanks before any replies from any one of u.....:):smile:

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Hi guys, I have a problem. One of the 13 fins of my Hawk's cooler just broke off. The fin is from the right fan.

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=28996

^^It doesn't makes much noise or something, but it still is unbalanced right? What can I do about it? I don't want to RMA it, suggest me something, like a replacement fan or a superglue... And would it create a problem if I run it one fan broken?

Top Bottom