Graphics Cards related queries here.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
570Ti should be a higher end version of 570. This is a lower version. But we have already seen this situation. Remember GTX 260 core 216? ;)

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Nvidia Gtx 560 vs. Nvidia Gtx 560ti

Thanks but my budget is Rs. 13,000. Can i run those heavy software like Autodesk Maya, Mudbox etc. on Ati cards as smoothly as of Nvidia cards.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Could you please post the complete Config Details about your PC.

Mainly Like PSU/SMPS wattage ?? & Existing Monitor Resolution ??

Roughly i can say 560ti will be a good option, but based on what kind of PSU you have.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Nvidia Gtx 560 vs. Nvidia Gtx 560ti

Actually i'm going to upgrade the whole system to a new configuration, my configuration would be something like this:-

Intel i5-2500k

* Asus P8Z68-M

* Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB

* Seagate 7200.12 1TB

* Asus 24x DVD-RW

* Cooler Master Elite 430

* Seasonic 620W PSU

* DELL ST2220L/M

* Logitech G1 gaming desket
And the budget for the Gpu is Rs.13,000, as i said earlier. Currently the monitor i have is HPw1907 resolution:- 1440*900. You can also suggest a Motherboard that can handle all these but at a lower price. Thanks.

Cilus

laborare est orare
D35Kor, for software like Autodesk Maya, Mudbox, Crossfire or SLI won't do any help. Currently Multi-GPU support is only limited to games, not any productivity software.

It will handle it with no problem, after all you have a 80+ certified unit, the output is decent enough. If you plan to overclock both your CPU (Which is why people buy a K series processor, lol) and Graphics card, you definitely need to change the unit.

rajnusker, The efficiency of the PSU has nothing to do with the output. A true 700W PSU will always output 700W power irrespective of its efficiency. Efficiency is related to the power the PSU takes from the circuit or power supply to provide the rated output. So more the efficieny, less the power required to produce rated wattage and less the electric Bill.

d3p

PowerHouse
Re: Nvidia Gtx 560 vs. Nvidia Gtx 560ti

D35Kor, for software like Autodesk Maya, Mudbox, Crossfire or SLI won't do any help. Currently Multi-GPU support is only limited to games, not any productivity software.

Yes, Completely agree on that. I just overlooked.
Probably adding V4800 or V5800 will be a Kick Ass Workstation. But the user is looking forward to hit some games also like COD MW3 & Crysis 2. Refer his thread.

Gaming PC

Actually i'm going to upgrade the whole system to a new configuration, my configuration would be something like this:-
* Intel i5-2500k
* Asus P8Z68-M
* Corsair Vengeance 2*4GB
* Seagate 7200.12 1TB
* Asus 24x DVD-RW
* Cooler Master Elite 430
* Seasonic 620W PSU
* DELL ST2220L/M
* Logitech G1 gaming desket
And the budget for the Gpu is Rs.13,000, as i said earlier. Currently the monitor i have is HPw1907 resolution:- 1440*900. You can also suggest a Motherboard that can handle all these but at a lower price. Thanks.

Coming to the Graphics Card, AMD FirePro V5800/V4800 will be a best option if you consider w.r.t workstation, otherwise 560ti can be a nice option.

Now if you are ready to optimize a little bit on the rest of the config, then probably you can go for this card.
FYI..
*www.techarp.com/article/Workstation_GPU_Comparison/ati_1.png

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something to ponder over, from HardOCP's Skyrim performance preview:-

We have harped over this before, but this game shows once again that AMD's driver support is biting it in the butt on a new game release. With not even an ETA on a new CAP for Skyrim to support CrossFireX, and no performance driver in sight, it is rather depressing for AMD GPU owners. We keep seeing this with new game launches these past few months. Rage, Deus Ex: Missing Link, even Battlefield 3 had better and working performance and SLI drivers from NVIDIA on game day launch, while AMD support was lacking.

With CrossFireX and SLI being based on profile support AMD cannot afford to lag this far behind on new game launches. NVIDIA simply has more support out of the gate for SLI in new games it seems. Gamers don't like to wait. When a new big title like this is released and unlocked at a certain time on a certain date, gamers are lined up waiting to play it right then and there. It matters that performance and Dual-GPU acceleration is supported when the game launches, and not days after.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I am facing one weird problem. I don't know if it is related to my GPU, MOBO or something else. i will first write down my configuration
CPU- i5 2310 2.9ghz
RAM- 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
GPU- MSI Radeon 6770 1 gb ddr5
MOBO- Intel DH61WW
HDD- Seagate SATA II 500gb
PSU- FSP SAGA II 500 Watt

Now the issue is that my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds in every 3-4 minutes. When it cmes back to normal my cursor has actually moved as much as i have moved my mouse even when it was frozen. My statement can be a little confusing. What i mean to say is that it keeps track of my mouse movement and windows actually registers every movement of my mouse even when the whole screen is frozen. It just freezes, doesnt crash, no BSOD, no error. Its not just the mouse cursor which freezes but its actually the whole screen. For example if i am playing a game my whole screen just freezes and when it comes back i have no idea where i am looking in game coz it has registered my mouse movement and it has moved accordingly. This problem comes only with windows XP sp3 x86. With windows 7 there are no issues watsoever. But games like counter-strike 1.6 have some issues regarding mouse acceleration in windows 7 even after applying various fixes like MarkC etc. so i wanted to revert back to XP. When i try to install SP2 BSOD comes up even before windows setup has started. This freeze happens even with low profile games like cs 1.6 so i don't think its an issue of overloading. My CPU usage never go beyond 50% even when i am ingame. I have tried everything from reinstalling windows several times(clean install), changing mouse, updating bios, updating mobo drivers, latest amd gpu drivers, latest INF files from intel(though whenever i do this it gives me surge warning on USB ports). I couldn't find anything on google so finally i am here. When i go back to windows 7 everything is fine and smooth but with win xp sp3 it cmes back again.:sad:

Please help me out i am literally fed up! :x

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you can get TFII cheaper than zotac amp. But Amp has higher clocks than TFII which should translate into better performance. Cooling wise I think TFII has the edge.

Now take your pick. ;)

guru_urug

iGoogle
I am facing one weird problem. I don't know if it is related to my GPU, MOBO or something else. i will first write down my configuration
CPU- i5 2310 2.9ghz
RAM- 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
GPU- MSI Radeon 6770 1 gb ddr5
MOBO- Intel DH61WW
HDD- Seagate SATA II 500gb
PSU- FSP SAGA II 500 Watt

Now the issue is that my screen freezes for 2-3 seconds in every 3-4 minutes. When it cmes back to normal my cursor has actually moved as much as i have moved my mouse even when it was frozen. My statement can be a little confusing. What i mean to say is that it keeps track of my mouse movement and windows actually registers every movement of my mouse even when the whole screen is frozen. It just freezes, doesnt crash, no BSOD, no error. Its not just the mouse cursor which freezes but its actually the whole screen. For example if i am playing a game my whole screen just freezes and when it comes back i have no idea where i am looking in game coz it has registered my mouse movement and it has moved accordingly. This problem comes only with windows XP sp3 x86. With windows 7 there are no issues watsoever. But games like counter-strike 1.6 have some issues regarding mouse acceleration in windows 7 even after applying various fixes like MarkC etc. so i wanted to revert back to XP. When i try to install SP2 BSOD comes up even before windows setup has started. This freeze happens even with low profile games like cs 1.6 so i don't think its an issue of overloading. My CPU usage never go beyond 50% even when i am ingame. I have tried everything from reinstalling windows several times(clean install), changing mouse, updating bios, updating mobo drivers, latest amd gpu drivers, latest INF files from intel(though whenever i do this it gives me surge warning on USB ports). I couldn't find anything on google so finally i am here. When i go back to windows 7 everything is fine and smooth but with win xp sp3 it cmes back again.:sad:

Please help me out i am literally fed up! :x

Try using ur IGP and see if the problem persists.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
So it's clear that Gtx 560ti is better than Gtx 560 but the question is Which is better among these Gtx560ti cards:- Zotac Gtx560ti Amp! or Msi n560gtx-ti twin frozr ii 2gb or Msi n560gtx-ti Hawk ?As i mentioned earlier my budget is Rs.13,000 (INR) and the purpose is 3d modelling, sculptingetc in Autodesk Maya, Mudbox etc. Thanks.

d3p

PowerHouse
So it's clear that Gtx 560ti is better than Gtx 560 but the question is Which is better among these Gtx560ti cards:- Zotac Gtx560ti Amp! or Msi n560gtx-ti twin frozr ii 2gb or Msi n560gtx-ti Hawk ?As i mentioned earlier my budget is Rs.13,000 (INR) and the purpose is 3d modelling, sculptingetc in Autodesk Maya, Mudbox etc. Thanks.

One thing i would love to highlight. First you be clear with your own requirements. Your thread says you want for Gaming, but here your query is about handling apps for rendering...blah blah...

There's always a gap between Professional vs consumer cards.

Now what is Professional Cards ??

These Cards are also extensively optimized, tested and certified for use with CAD and DCC applications. On top of it, the manufacturers offer much more extensive customer support for their professional products than the equivalent consumer cards.

Whereas Consumer Cards are tuned more towards fill rate and shader calculations.

The big draw back is viewport glitches and anomalies are quite commonly observed in Consumer Cards: but these issues do not exist with pro cards.

I hope now you are more clear, which card to select.

Consumer Cards can handle these rendering part but not like professional cards. But if you want Games also included into the list then go with some Radeon HD 6xxx or Nvidia GTX 5xx.

But your purpose is for rendering & all the stuffs mentioned by you, then I would suggest you to get AMD Fire Pro V5800 vs V4800 or even Nvidia Quattro can also be in picture based on the budget.

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Okay,Actually I need a graphics card for Rendering purpose................but can they (Quadro cards) handle the latest games as smoothly as they handle the applications like CAD, Autodesk Maya, etc. I'm asking this because i would also play the latest games in high settings.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Professional cards can't handle all the latest games in Higher Settings.

So stick to Cards like 6870 or 560ti or 6950 & get ready to face some performance lag with Rendering Apps.

Cilus

laborare est orare
D35Kor is correct, You should go with a Gaming Graphics card. They can at least provide some help in rendering business as most of them are supported by Rendering apps. But the reverse is not true, a Workstation card simply can't play games with good details.

Top Bottom