Graphics Cards related queries here.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hey guys can u pls redirect me to thread where i can post my query regarding MOBO and PROCC upgrade...sorry for posting here. Thanx in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

If,

Mobo : MSI 880GMA-E45
GPU : Palit GeForce GTS 250 1GB DDR3
Proc : AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE

Then,

Tagan TG-500-U37 OR CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX ???

Corsair VX 450W anyday :p

Hey guys can u pls redirect me to thread where i can post my query regarding MOBO and PROCC upgrade...sorry for posting here. Thanx in advance.

Here you go

Basic Guide Purchase a New System

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

Hi Guys.

I Had almost decided upon 5770 HAWK.. until i heard abt GTX460.. heard its better than 5830 . And also , it will be arnd 12K. So, kindly advice which one should I go for, as I have an all -AMD based system , so will the AMD 5770 compliment the system in a better way ? and when will GTX460 be available easily ..any ideas? Last week ,I got 2Gb kingston ddr3 also .. so now just , the GPU is missing ...
I think my corsair vx550 will be enough to handle this 460 ...

I am presently using my old 7600GS :grin: . Will it be able to run Far CRY2 ??

Thats a lots of questions , sorry :p

vwad

In the zone

I know this has been asked thousand times, but I will ask again. Sorry about it.

If I have a card with 1GB memory then should I go for 4GB RAM or 2GB RAM on mobo ?

vishald

Broken In

Hi,

I am using Asus RD 2 VM board with 2.66 dual core Pentium and 2GB transcend ram.
The board supports DDR 2 Ram. I want to buy ATI 5450 XFX card. This card has DDR 3 1gb ram on it. My question is will this DDR2 supported board supports the card with DD3 ram? Also is it advisable to go with this card on this board?
Please reply fast

Regards,
Vishal

pulsar_swift

Youngling

I know this has been asked thousand times, but I will ask again. Sorry about it.

If I have a card with 1GB memory then should I go for 4GB RAM or 2GB RAM on mobo ?

There are no hard and fast rules. You can go for anything 2GB or 4GB depends on ur budget.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Hi,

I am using Asus RD 2 VM board with 2.66 dual core Pentium and 2GB transcend ram.
The board supports DDR 2 Ram. I want to buy ATI 5450 XFX card. This card has DDR 3 1gb ram on it. My question is will this DDR2 supported board supports the card with DD3 ram? Also is it advisable to go with this card on this board?
Please reply fast

Regards,
Vishal

1GB version of HD5450 is waste in its purest form. Whats your budget ? you can go for HD5670 512MB @ 5.2K

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

hhi guys i am looking for a minimum priced cpu mobo gpu combo
to game at my age old 15"(crt) samsung syncmaster monitor
i need to upgrade my pc accordingly
my current configuration is

p4 2.4Ghz
asrock 845g mobo
512 mb ram
microtek cabby and psu
seagate 40gb hdd
lg dvdrw

i need everything except monitor ups keyboard mouse and speakers
that is i need everything inside the cabby
i am keeping this rig due to sentimental reasons
it has seen me through some tough times

btw i will buy a new rig in 2011 for college
this rig would stay at home
so minimum config is allowed

vishald

Broken In

@pulsar_swift

My budget is around 6000. My question is will this DDR2 supported board supports the card with DD3 ram? Also is it advisable to go with this card on this board?
Also wants suggestions from you for graphics card that will work with Asus RD 2 VM board with 2.66 dual core Pentium and 2GB transcend ram.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

@pulsar_swift

My budget is around 6000. My question is will this DDR2 supported board supports the card with DD3 ram? Also is it advisable to go with this card on this board?
Also wants suggestions from you for graphics card that will work with Asus RD 2 VM board with 2.66 dual core Pentium and 2GB transcend ram.

vwad

In the zone

@ Pulsar_swift, I meant will total 5gb memory be available when I do video processing of any type?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ Pulsar_swift, I meant will total 5gb memory be available when I do video processing of any type?

nope. 4Gb ram + the graphics card (along with its memory) will offer an extra set of hands. but if your work includes video encoding & no gaming, get GT240-250. if gaming + encoding/processing, get HD5670 512Mb or HD5570 512Mb GDDR3 or HD4670 512Mb GDDR3.

@pulsar_swift

your board memory isn't connected to graphics card memory in any way. so even if you have DDR/DDR2/DDR3 memory. you can use any card whose connector matches the slot in your board namely PCIe X 16 in your case i think.

for card, if you in for gaming, please mention the resolution you game at, PSU with proper rating & total budget. but with your proccy, anything over HD5670, GT240 will get bottlenecked.

vwad

In the zone

nope. 4Gb ram + the graphics card (along with its memory) will offer an extra set of hands. but if your work includes video encoding & no gaming, get GT240-250. if gaming + encoding/processing, get HD5670 512Mb or HD5570 512Mb GDDR3 or HD4670 512Mb GDDR3.

Thanks a lot :adore:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

assuming you are pointing to GTS 250 ( in GT240-250 section ) which is very much capable of handling both gaming and video encoding properly.

GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 is far more better than HD 4670/5570/5670 if you compare only gaming performance.

Hey thanx buddy....:)

you welcome ... :p

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

hhi guys i am looking for a minimum priced cpu mobo gpu combo
to game at my age old 15"(crt) samsung syncmaster monitor
i need to upgrade my pc accordingly
my current configuration is

p4 2.4Ghz
asrock 845g mobo
512 mb ram
microtek cabby and psu
seagate 40gb hdd
lg dvdrw

i need everything except monitor ups keyboard mouse and speakers
that is i need everything inside the cabby
i am keeping this rig due to sentimental reasons
it has seen me through some tough times

btw i will buy a new rig in 2011 for college
this rig would stay at home
so minimum config is allowed

post your queries in this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/71700-basic-guide-purchase-new-system.html

vwad

In the zone

assuming you are pointing to GTS 250 ( in GT240-250 section ) which is very much capable of handling both gaming and video encoding properly.

GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 is far more better than HD 4670/5570/5670 if you compare only gaming performance.

Yes, I have decided to go with MSI's GTS 250 GPU for 7.2k as on theitwares.com

Comes with D-Sub adaptor so my microtek grandpa can also take it :p

tushargupta

Broken In

Hi

My 3 years old Logitech Wireless mouse is now showing signs of age. So i wish to buy a new one. I play a lot of FPS games so i will buy a laser mouse. Pls suggest a gud wired laser mouse.
Budget 1k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

oh yes buddy. you right. my mistake. should have mentioned only GT240. GTS250 is still a hot selling card. just its power requirements as high as its gaming/encoding power :smile:

vwad

In the zone

oh yes buddy. you right. my mistake. should have mentioned only GT240. GTS250 is still a hot selling card. just its power requirements as high as its gaming/encoding power :smile:

I have decided to go with MSI GTS 250 based card. :) since I am able to afford it, why stick to old platform na. :)

Top Bottom