Graphics Cards related queries here.

borax12

the dotmaster
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey......vwad spend a little more..prob 1-1.5 K and get a Powercolor Radeon HD5750 1GB
a better performance and support for dx 11.....and yes i found out ...ATI AVT (Accelerated Video Transcoding) will be supported by:
Cyberlink PowerDirector.....so as awhole...this is a better option than.....Nvidia CUDA that..... will be supported by: Pegasys TMPGEnc....also the ati STREAM....the direct competitor...to CUDA....is actually more sensible buy...by the way the 5750 supprts stream as wel as avivo and avt...so no probs on that...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

CUDA and Physx has broad app support and is better performer compared to Avivo and stream

oh yes buddy. you right. my mistake. should have mentioned only GT240. GTS250 is still a hot selling card. just its power requirements as high as its gaming/encoding power :smile:

yep, that's true.

I have decided to go with MSI GTS 250 based card. :) since I am able to afford it, why stick to old platform na. :)

good choice :p

Between GTS 240 & GTS 250, GTS 240 is old I believe. Or am I wrong ? :confused:

Yes, thats true. Only one version difference may be :redface:

GT 240 ( DX 10.1 ) is a new card though performance is low and GTS 250 is based on older 9800GTX+ ( DX 10 )

vwad

In the zone

hey......vwad spend a little more..prob 1-1.5 K and get a Powercolor Radeon HD5750 1GB
a better performance and support for dx 11.....and yes i found out ...ATI AVT (Accelerated Video Transcoding) will be supported by:
Cyberlink PowerDirector.....so as awhole...this is a better option than.....Nvidia CUDA that..... will be supported by: Pegasys TMPGEnc....also the ati STREAM....the direct competitor...to CUDA....is actually more sensible buy...by the way the 5750 supprts stream as wel as avivo and avt...so no probs on that...

CUDA and Physx has broad app support and is better performer compared to Avivo and stream

yep, that's true.

good choice :p

GT 240 ( DX 10.1 ) is a new card though performance is low and GTS 250 is based on older 9800GTX+ ( DX 10 )

Yikes :scared: :scared: Indian Parliament :scared: :scared:

borax12

the dotmaster

What should I do now :redface: :confused:

go with the gt240 now.....if its like....... you want to have improved performance of max 10% over the ati offering but please i advice you ...u will lose dx 11....and the desired performance increase if its the cyberlink power director vid editing utility u would be using(this utility is a killer utility i must say....)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

pls reply....

Razer Death Adder Gaming Mouse-2.1K(please increase ur budget as this is the best bang for buck mouse...with the best performance)

or else-Logitech MX518-1K

or else-Razer Salmosa Gaming Mouse-1.6K

vwad

In the zone

go with the gt240 now.....if its like....... you want to have improved performance of max 10% over the ati offering but please i advice you ...u will lose dx 11....and the desired performance increase if its the cyberlink power director vid editing utility u would be using(this utility is a killer utility i must say....)

Well, you know what, I do not use those high quality softwares. I do my editing by filters more. I capture using Intervideo WinDVD Recorder 5 in Mpeg2, then I use Virtual Dub with Xvid codec and AC3 Audio Filters to encode to AVI and while in VirtualDub I apply filters of upscaling and cropping(if necessary)

So now how and what would you suggest ?

borax12

the dotmaster

.....nehru place.....or lamington prices should be similar ....to these....these are not mrps....o else add 500 rs more and buy it online...form Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

@vwad....ok....so thats more like a pvr setup......ie....u only have intentions for tv capturing...and recording.....(tv shows i believe)....so then anything would be good...for u....go with any offering wither nvidia or ati,......this depends on you....
i was only advising for a dx 11 setup...as it would make u a little future ready....but as sid before nvidia offers better encoding timings and performance...so go for it....gt240

vwad

In the zone

.....nehru place.....or lamington prices should be similar ....to these....these are not mrps....o else add 500 rs more and buy it online...form Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

@vwad....ok....so thats more like a pvr setup......ie....u only have intentions for tv capturing...and recording.....(tv shows i believe)....so then anything would be good...for u....go with any offering wither nvidia or ati,......this depends on you....
i was only advising for a dx 11 setup...as it would make u a little future ready....but as sid before nvidia offers better encoding timings and performance...so go for it....gt240

Sounds Gr8 !! Thanks. I record for my friends who are studying and/or working in 24-7 environment. :)

borax12

the dotmaster

Sounds Gr8 !! Thanks. I record for my friends who are studying and/or working in 24-7 environment. :)

that's a nice thing to do...helping out your friends.....who cant afford to watch the show on time due to personal reasons...thats really good... :)

vwad

In the zone

that's a nice thing to do...helping out your friends.....who cant afford to watch the show on time due to personal reasons...thats really good... :)

Thanks man. Can you tell difference between N250GTS Twin Frozr 1G & N250GTS-2D1G ? Both almost look same. :confused:

borax12

the dotmaster

N250GTS Twin Frozr 1G & N250GTS-2D1G are the same chipset or gpu based cards....but the first one has the aftermarket successful gpu cooler installed on it...the twin frozer card....but the latter one has a standard pcb and no aftermarket cooler....so a factory installed cooler.....basically in short the first one is better....beter cooling solution and also this one is factory overclocked...the base clock speeds are different ...see this...

MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

vwad

In the zone

N250GTS Twin Frozr 1G & N250GTS-2D1G are the same chipset or gpu based cards....but the first one has the aftermarket successful gpu cooler installed on it...the twin frozer card....but the latter one has a standard pcb and no aftermarket cooler....so a factory installed cooler.....basically in short the first one is better....beter cooling solution and also this one is factory overclocked...the base clock speeds are different ...see this...

Thanks. You have answer for almost every question in the book. :adore: :adore: :adore:

Top Bottom