Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

any improvement with the 5 series cards from AMD in steam particularly?

I've not seen any reviews about this so can't tell much about it but as sheer numbers of review sites are more interested in gaming performance of ATi HD 5xxx series and amd is not also advertising their stream and avivo performance that much so I think stream and avivo performance has not improved that much compared to hd 4xxx series.

on the contrary nvidia is strongly advertising it's both gaming and cuda performance side by side and you will find some review about cuda apps so I think nvidia cuda is still better than ati stream when it comes to encode power.

What should I do now :redface: :confused:

get GTS 250 ( best one regarding your budget ) and encode those videos using badaboom and be happy and rest in peace :p

BTw, if you want to use linux some day nvidia has better driver support as well :cool:

vwad

In the zone

I've not seen any reviews about this so can't tell much about it but as sheer numbers of review sites are more interested in gaming performance of ATi HD 5xxx series and amd is not also advertising their stream and avivo performance that much so I think stream and avivo performance has not improved that much compared to hd 4xxx series.

on the contrary nvidia is strongly advertising it's both gaming and cuda performance side by side and you will find some review about cuda apps so I think nvidia cuda is still better than ati stream when it comes to encode power.

get GTS 250 ( best one regarding your budget ) and encode those videos using badaboom and be happy and rest in peace :p

BTw, if you want to use linux some day nvidia has better driver support as well :cool:

Yup Thanks Sir Topgear !! Going for Twin Frozr 1GB card :)

borax12

the dotmaster

true ati...is a little reluctant to do publicity of its avivo and stream...but that does not mean its not in the competition...its till has great vid compression and encoding performance....though i would agree nvidias totally upfront on their CUDA and has done a great job on publicizing and actually living up to the expectations of the consumers...

check this and this will show linux support is very much present in case of ati-
ATI Catalyst? Proprietary Display Driver

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Frnz,plz have look at this thread
Nvidia GTX460 Discussion

BTW, i'll suggest change the PSU. GTX460 maybe cool running but is also a heavy on power card. invest in a Corsair VX450W. just a fraction of the price of the card to ensure its safety.

@ All, do I really need to change my PSU?
What shud I go for? VX 450/VX 550/CM GX 550/Seasonic S12L 500 ????

Plz comment

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

AMD is biased more towards gaming nowadays. it would have been great if they improve their Avivo & steam drivers atleast to compete with Nvidia cards. sad of it. maybe they'll improve with 6-series. someone told it right, "in this world nothing is perfect" :smile:

& CUDA is one strong reason for the selling point of a "old" card. here i pointing to GTS250 (old cause DX10). all its competitors from ATI have already been replaced by 57** cards. but still GTS250 sells as good as HD57** cards. kudos to Nvidia.

Last edited:

borax12

the dotmaster

AMD is biased more towards gaming nowadays. it would have been great if they improve their Avivo & steam drivers atleast to compete with Nvidia cards. sad of it. maybe they'll improve with 6-series. someone told it right, "in this world nothing is perfect" :smile:

& CUDA is one strong reason for the selling point of a "old" card. here i pointing to GTS250 (old cause DX10.1). all its competitors from ATI have already been replaced by 57** cards. but still GTS250 sells as good as HD57** cards. kudos to Nvidia.

its kinda sad to see that ati lost out to CUDA only coz...they didnt do a god marketing and publicity....of their vid encoding technologies....
i agree in termes of performance comparision ati would have lost out to nvidia...but boasting of ur skiils is never a letdown....they would have catered to all kinds of masses then.....still me an amd fan....and will be for always...

and CUDA is definitely a seller point of the nvidia cards....esp in the mobile sector(the laptop market i mean)....

@mukerjee....
yeah i am interested to post in the gtx 460 thread.....i know its been quite a a discussion there....but i am gathering up info on the fermi architecture these days so cant post till i am fully equipped u see?

and the from the psu options the CX looks good....but ...why not look at something with more wattage.....though i know gtx 460 is low on power requirement...but still going for a little more doesn't hurt....till then cx 450w looks fine..

vwad

In the zone

its kinda sad to see that ati lost out to CUDA only coz...they didnt do a god marketing and publicity....of their vid encoding technologies....
i agree in termes of performance comparision ati would have lost out to nvidia...but boasting of ur skiils is never a letdown....they would have catered to all kinds of masses then.....still me an amd fan....and will be for always...

and CUDA is definitely a seller point of the nvidia cards....esp in the mobile sector(the laptop market i mean)....

@mukerjee....
yeah i am interested to post in the gtx 460 thread.....i know its been quite a a discussion there....but i am gathering up info on the fermi architecture these days so cant post till i am fully equipped u see?

and the from the psu options the CX looks good....but ...why not look at something with more wattage.....though i know gtx 460 is low on power requirement...but still going for a little more doesn't hurt....till then cx 450w looks fine..

Glad to follow dotmaster by purchasing AMD proc and sam by purchasing GT 250 Card :p

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Strangely Enough, in this month issue of Digit, they have given Graphics Card Reviews but they have not included a single MSI card, all other cards are there in their list. :confused:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ May be MSI has not send them any but have you purchased your Twin Frozr - if so what's the price ??

@ borax12 - I know ATI has linux drivers though they have many issues on the contrary nvidia has really good linux drivers though I think ATI will improve with time anyway :p

BTW, it's corsair VX450 there's no CX450W only CX400

@ Sam.Shab please make a correction in your post - GTS 250 ie 9800GTX+ is based on Dx10 not DX 10.1 :p

@ mukherjee - posted comments - infos and suggestions on your created GTX 460 thread :cool:

Gud_Folk

In the process..

hey folks.. as u ppl advised me before.. i brought the ATI Sapphire Radeon 5670 512mb.. its just amazing.. :D.. just wanted to ask u ppl.. is there anything that i should know before i start playing full on?? ANY ADVISE? :)

vwad

In the zone

^^ May be MSI has not send them any but have you purchased your Twin Frozr - if so what's the price ??

Nope but the price on theitwares.com is Rs. 7,900 + Shipping Rs. 100 = Rs. 8,000

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ Sam.Shab please make a correction in your post - GTS 250 ie 9800GTX+ is based on Dx10 not DX 10.1 :p

oh yes. thanks a lot for correcting me. edited :oops:

hey folks.. as u ppl advised me before.. i brought the ATI Sapphire Radeon 5670 512mb.. its just amazing.. :D.. just wanted to ask u ppl.. is there anything that i should know before i start playing full on?? ANY ADVISE? :)

you may OC the card by ~10-15% (core only) & you'll get some real performance out of it.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

hi everyone

can someone recommend me a good cabby in 1.6k(have bijli and elite 310 in mind)
please visit the thread below
need immediate advice

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/130142-good-cabinet-cheap.html

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

Update the DirectX and GPU drivers on your system :smile:

Piyush

Lanaya

hi everyone

need immediate advice

310 is good

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

dudes check this out

It's Not A Radeon HD 5970. It's A Radeon HD 5870 X2 : Asus ARES: Is This The One Graphics Card To Rule Them All?

vwad

In the zone

310 is good

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

dudes check this out

It's Not A Radeon HD 5970. It's A Radeon HD 5870 X2 : Asus ARES: Is This The One Graphics Card To Rule Them All?

Must be a five digit deal :p

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

310 is good

dudes check this out

it costs 1200$
so expect it to be around 67k in india
it is a very CHEAP graphics card
i will BUY TWO of them(and crossfire) to keep me warm in winter :-D

ahhh 5870x2x2 is more power efficient than all the room heaters available in market
it needs just 1500w(750Wx2) of power!!!

maybe i will buy a nuclear reactor too!! :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ think green - buy a solar panel instead and save the planet - it will be cheap and pollution free as well :p

Nope but the price on theitwares.com is Rs. 7,900 + Shipping Rs. 100 = Rs. 8,000

Thanks for the info.

will badaboom work on ATI Cards.....:?:

No, certainly not - it's made to use with only cuda supported nvidia gpus

hi everyone

need immediate advice

If you spend 2.7k then consider getting CM elite 430 and for 2k NZXT Gamma is also a good option as well :p

Piyush

Lanaya

it costs 1200$
so expect it to be around 67k in india
it is a very CHEAP graphics card
i will BUY TWO of them(and crossfire) to keep me warm in winter :-D

ahhh 5870x2x2 is more power efficient than all the room heaters available in market
it needs just 1500w(750Wx2) of power!!!

maybe i will buy a nuclear reactor too!! :-D
yup thats a good idea

Top Bottom