Graphics Cards related queries here.

gordon_dhiman

Right off the assembly line
Missing IC

Does anybody have a xfx 7900GS. I am missing an IC on the backplane of the card numbered Q502 on the bottom left corner...i do not know the IC number. if anybody has this gfx card plz if possible tell me the IC number... the one beside it is numbered 4410 on location Q501.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Err...how is the zebronics platinum 700W as a power supply fellas?

BTW have a weird problem with the monitor again, :\
The power light turned low in intensity and is blinking rapidly.And of course,there is no display on the screen.
The first 2-3 times the display went off similar to switching off a TV,and noww there is no display at all. :|
Any clue what the problem might be??

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

@Sam

Split second looks awesome.Kinda like the burnout series.From the trailer it looks like you can control things in the environment like cranes and stuff to stop/destroy the rival cars.
Looks awesome(Prototype looked awesome too,but we all know what a flop it was. :\) .

Piyush

Lanaya

The power light turned low in intensity and is blinking rapidly.And of course,there is no display on the screen.
The first 2-3 times the display went off similar to switching off a TV,and noww there is no display at all. :|
Dont go for zebronic or other local PSUs
these brands now seems playing gamble to me
and
which monitor do you have?

@Sam

Split second looks awesome.Kinda like the burnout series.From the trailer it looks like you can control things in the environment like cranes and stuff to stop/destroy the rival cars.
Looks awesome(Prototype looked awesome too,but we all know what a flop it was. :\) .
but how can one control cranes while driving a car?
remote controlled??:lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i'll never trust Zebronics stuff. specially the platinum lineup. cause for that price good alternates comes to book. also when powering a high end rig, better rely on good PSU. rather than getting a good PSU after your burnt PC returned from RMA :p

@Sam

oh man. i have not seen any trailer yet so have absolutely no idea. only read that Blur will be best rivaled by Split Second.

well for now i better stick to Age Of Empires: Expansion. yes yes yes the 1997 game :smile:

Piyush

Lanaya

yes. tried 3 years ago. liked but the development cycle is so fast. from starting age to nuclear age, later i thought its not for me. and removed. game is good, i must say.
yea its a bit too fast
any1 can finish it in less than 3 hrs
that was the major setback

but the game mechanics is too good
at that time ,its graphics were considered one of the best

i'll never trust Zebronics stuff. specially the platinum lineup. cause for that price good alternates comes to book. also when powering a high end rig, better rely on good PSU. rather than getting a good PSU after your burnt PC returned from RMA :p

oh man. i have not seen any trailer yet so have absolutely no idea. only read that Blur will be best rivaled by Split Second.

well for now i better stick to Age Of Empires: Expansion. yes yes yes the 1997 game :smile:

when I bought my p4 some where 6 yrs back, I changed the smps from 300w which comes with cabby with 400w smps from zeb and that too ordinary one( in those days I was not much informed of psu's)
it served me flawlessly for more than four years then probs started , pc would reboot for no reason , then I changed the psu to CM E bomb series( again a mistake) and made my old zeb retire, this new psu served me for 10 months , then fan went kaput, still i used it for one month as it was winter, then I sent it for RMA, it took more than 2 months or almost 2 months to get new psu, in mean time my retired psu served me.......:lol:

still non standard psu's should be avoided for at least 30k and above rigs..........

Geek_rahul

Broken In

Hola Digitians!!!

Can you guys please suggest a good graphics card for gaming purpose, my budget is 9.5k approx.
I googled for a good card for around an hour and came across HD 5770, so is the card fine. If yes then which brand/model to go for???

++ Do I also have to buy a PSU i have some crappy Iball PSU which came with the iball case??
&&&&{{ Dimensions: 14.17 x 7 x 15.6 inches (H x W x L) mid level cabinet }} are Dimensions of my cabby will the Graphics card fit. Hope i donot have to buy a new one!!!

pls reply soon:)

Cilus

laborare est orare

@ 9.5k budget, HD 5770 is the only option. So go for it. PFB the cards from different brands and their price:

Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.7k
PowerColour HD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.6k
MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.5k
Biostar HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9k

The Biostar one is a new one and good for you. And yes, you have to go for a new PSU for running HD 5770.
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k if you want cheap yet powerful
FSP Saga II 500 Watts @ 2.9k
will be another good choice.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ 9.5k budget, HD 5770 is the only option. So go for it. PFB the cards from different brands and their price:

Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.7k
PowerColour HD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.6k
MSI HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9.5k
Biostar HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 9k

The Biostar one is a new one and good for you. And yes, you have to go for a new PSU for running HD 5770.
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k if you want cheap yet powerful
FSP Saga II 500 Watts @ 2.9k
will be another good choice.

i like the biostar card. it got better cooler (& looks far better) than the reference AMD cooler. also its 500bucks cheaper than most cards.

also the FSP will be cheaper. say 2.7k, making it excellent buy. go for it.

Piyush

Lanaya

i like the biostar card. it got better cooler (& looks far better) than the reference AMD cooler. also its 500bucks cheaper than most cards.

what about the performance difference between biostar card and others?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

what about the performance difference between biostar card and others?

biostar is non overclocked board. performance should be same. i like the fan & its colour. looks like they simply took a GT240 & changed the GPU keeping almost everything same.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

guys any idea any one selling FSP PSUs in mumbai ?

Geek_rahul

Broken In

Thanks a lot guys for the advises:smile:
MSI 5770 HAWK has a better cooler than the stock egg ones. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST and is it any VFM??
&& Yes i do have to buy a PSU currently which is the cheapest PSU for 5770???

+++ will it fit in my cabby :lol:?????
Iball Pride Dimensions: 14.17 x 7 x 15.6 inches (H x W x L)

thanks reply soon>>>

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks a lot guys for the advises:smile:
MSI 5770 HAWK has a better cooler than the stock egg ones. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST and is it any VFM??
&& Yes i do have to buy a PSU currently which is the cheapest PSU for 5770???

+++ will it fit in my cabby :lol:?????
Iball Pride Dimensions: 14.17 x 7 x 15.6 inches (H x W x L)

thanks reply soon>>>

if u OC, HAWK is pure VFM. also in long run, with such a cooler, the life of the card will be extended than the usual "anda" cooler.

i not know what your system got, so if its a low power system, can go with FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte 460W. but to be safe, FSP Saga II 500w or Corsair CX400W is recommended. more is better.

about the cabby, i using it. and i doubt it'll fit well. it'll cause more problem with the HDDs. change it.

Top Bottom