Graphics Cards related queries here.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^
Lol..kind of like the terms "hypercache" and "turbomemory".
It all sounds so cool,but to buy products stating that is the trademark of a fool. (err..does it rhyme??)

Piyush

Lanaya

^
It all sounds so cool,but to buy products stating that is the trademark of a fool. (err..does it rhyme??)
yea..
and guess what
u just outperformed EMINEM with ur rhyming scheme:lol:

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

hey guys i've got a problem here
i was reading about 5770 in tomshardware and anandtech
power usage according to former -200W on load
power usage according to latter -250W on load

how can this be possile
50W difference is quite notable

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@sam
i got via/s3 delta chrome graphics
"delta chrome" makes most guys think that it must be a good card
lol....

oh man. thats what i fear. VIA graphics. my 2 friends got same graphics & Intel Dual Core. it just sucks. have u tried any game lately?

^

:rofl: exactly man. their graphics sucks but naming scheme, its scares the hell out of anyone. however their graphics somewhat better than Intel or comparable to.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

hey guys i've got a problem here
i was reading about 5770 in tomshardware and anandtech
power usage according to former -200W on load
power usage according to latter -250W on load

how can this be possile
50W difference is quite notable

as its the power usage for the whole rig, not the card only. so u'll have to look what else was plugged in. check the processor & motherboard mainly (if its non Intel) & yes the PSU. sometimes they use 1000W PSU & sometimes 600W & sometimes ridiculously high 1250W. i feel AnandTech is the one who got it wrong.

Piyush

Lanaya

oh man. thats what i fear. VIA graphics. my 2 friends got same graphics & Intel Dual Core. it just sucks. have u tried any game lately?
the last game i played was stalker SOC
was pretty playable but bad textures

as its the power usage for the whole rig, not the card only. so u'll have to look what else was plugged in. check the processor & motherboard mainly (if its non Intel) & yes the PSU. sometimes they use 1000W PSU & sometimes 600W & sometimes ridiculously high 1250W. i feel AnandTech is the one who got it wrong.
yea i7 920 was picked at 3.33ghz

btw australia scored 184

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the last game i played was stalker SOC
was pretty playable but bad textures

will try get it & benchmark my card soon.

yea i7 920 was picked at 3.33ghz

yah. thats what i telling. if one uses stock speed i5 & other uses slightly OC i7. the power difference will be clearly noticeable.

btw australia scored 184

:banghead: and i trying The Orange Box. Half Life. anyway have u seen the new game BLUR's trailer? any idea about the song being played during the trailer? i been searching for it a lot but no use.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^the song behind BLUR
i'll definitely come on that

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

can u post the link of that video?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

BLUR and split second look promising. \m/
yea..
and guess what
u just outperformed EMINEM with ur rhyming scheme

Ehh??...I taught EMINEM everything he know. :p
That kid. xDD

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Correction:- *knows

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

anyway have u seen the new game BLUR's trailer? any idea about the song being played during the trailer? i been searching for it a lot but no use.

Yes i have seen the trailer... mayb u can get info about the song in wiki..... hey i have 4GB of RAM but some apps display my system memory as 2048MB how come????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

can u post the link of that video?

i got the song on the Digit DVD (not mine) so i'll be unable post any link.

BLUR and split second look promising. \m/

heard about split/second. hows it? i know i know, none of the above mentioned game will run on my aging rig.

Yes i have seen the trailer... mayb u can get info about the song in wiki..... hey i have 4GB of RAM but some apps display my system memory as 2048MB how come????

tried wiki. it offer no info. well i think i'll have to try the hard way. get the entire album. SSX Blur.

which applications? a few examples.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl

I am planning on buying an nvidia gt 220 card. is a ddr3 option available on this card? which ATI card would be available at a similar price range? (around Rs. 4000)

janitha

Wise Old Owl

I am planning on buying an nvidia gt 220 card. is a ddr3 option available on this card? which ATI card would be available at a similar price range? (around Rs. 4000)

Ordered MSI 5570 1GB DDR3 from SMC and it was shipped yesterday. Total cost Rs.4750/-. It is enough for me since I don't game. 5450 should be below 4K but IIRC, it is 64 bit.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

@karan
r u in any way using xp 32bit ¿¿
Then that might be the prob

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Cool Buddy - Most of the GT220 is available with DDR2 only - so no point in getting those.

Instead get Powercolor HD4670 512MB GDDR3 @ 4K

If you can spend 1k more get HD5670 512 GDDR5 @ 5.2K

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl

my budget is strictly limited to Rs. 4000. I looked up on the internet & found very few DDR3 options on GT 220, that's why I asked. Reviews show that HD 4670 would be a better card for casual gaming purposes. So I've decided to buy HD 4670 unless I get a DDR3 GT 220. however, the problem is brands other than XFX & point of view are not easily available here in kolkata. I will in no way go for point of view. So I'm left with one option that is XFX. So which other brands I could ask for if I'm buying HD 4670? Atleast I should try my luck with sapphire, Palit & MSI

And one more thing, is 80 degree Celsius a safe temperature for a card like HD 4670?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

@karan
r u in any way using xp 32bit ¿¿
Then that might be the prob

no im using 64-Bit Windows 7 OS..& it Shows full 4GB of RAM...
but some apps show my system memory as 2048MB....
such as batman:arkham asylum.........shown it

arshadmajeed

stoned mario

pc is switchng off soon,as i switch it on and when its heated up,it doesnt start,it is very hot inside

I autotuned the gpu and also cleaned dust inside,it started happening aftr this
The graphics card makes loud noice and switches off(its like its on high fan speed)
Wt shd i do? Pls reply fast!

Tdy morning i could open it for a while and i reset d values in d graphics card menu to default
Still having the problem
Gpu is msi radeon
R 4890
Mbd-gigabyte ex58 ud3r
Processor-i7

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

d pc is switchng off soon,and when its heated up doesnt start,

I autotuned d gpu andalso cleaned dust inside,it starte happening aftr dis
D graphics card makes loud noice and switches off
Wt shd i do? Pls rply fast!
Gpu is msi radeon
R 4890
Mbd-gigabyte ex58 ud3r
Processor-i7

Could you please re-post/edit your query in proper English. It just does not make sense. Thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

no im using 64-Bit Windows 7 OS..& it Shows full 4GB of RAM...
but some apps show my system memory as 2048MB....
such as batman:arkham asylum.........shown it

batman is old & its an asylum game. expect these kind of psycho figures. i not surprised at all :grin:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

pc is switchng off soon,as i switch it on and when its heated up,it doesnt start,it is very hot inside

I autotuned the gpu and also cleaned dust inside,it started happening aftr this
The graphics card makes loud noice and switches off(its like its on high fan speed)
Wt shd i do? Pls reply fast!

Tdy morning i could open it for a while and i reset d values in d graphics card menu to default
Still having the problem
Gpu is msi radeon
R 4890
Mbd-gigabyte ex58 ud3r
Processor-i7

1. Reset the BIOS to default.
2. Reset the GPU to default.
3. Download Rivatuner, and the special .CFG file for HD4890
4. Start the temperature monitoring. Post the graph here, of the GPU core, memory temperature, and GPU usage.

Also update your signature so we know all the system details.

Top Bottom