Graphics Cards related queries here.

vrslvrs

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

What PSU do you have ? The black connector is called 6 pin PCI-E power connector.
If your PSU have one of those connector just connect it with the card.

If your PSU don't have that connector you need to use the convertor provided with the card.
Connect both white connector with the PSU.

BTW what PSU do you have ?

mercury 500w

my psu don't have 6 pin PCI-E power connector, So I use the convertor provided with the card :)

Connected both the white connectors to the psu and its working fine and awesome :p

Thanks topgear :p

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

That's the biggest dilemma I've also faced couple of weeks ago.

From what I came to know letter is that 9500GT DDR3 is better than 8600GT DDR3. So if you can increase your budget a bit say 4250 then get palit 9500GT 256MB DDR3 for Rs. 4000 ( Street price ). It will even outperform 8600GT 512MB DDR3 version.

8600GT & 9500GT cannot handle more than 256MB efficiently.
So it does not matter how much mem they have. 512MB DDR3 will not give you better FPS than a 256MB version.

8600GT is based on 80nm fabrication process & 9500GT is just only 65nm which means it's more power efficient & runs a lot cooler than 8600GT.
So it's OC potential is even great.

I do have one 8600GT clocked at 620MHZ/1600MHZ/1607MHZ - CORE/MEM/SHADER. So you can OC 9500GT even more than that & get better performance.

But DDR2 mem is just slower than DDR3 mem. So if you have budget prob then get 8600GT with 512MB DDR3 for sure. They just perform better than 9500GT DDR2 version.
Dude, i think abt getting 9500GT, but i have to strectch my budget by 1k.:mad:
But anyway i'll manage that.Will enquire abt that and try to get it ASAP as GTA 4 is on hold for a new gfx card(Eventhough my current gfx card handle it,i need a playable FPS of 20-25.thats y i am thinking of getting new gfx card).

EDITED :
Guys enquired abt 9500GT and most of the vendors only have had the 512MB DDR2 Version, and no one is having 256MB DDR3 Version. They said that 512MB DDR2 is way faster than 256MB DDR3 :D . And one guy,goes to top and said,DDR3 is not yet released and DDR2 is the current trend.(I hope he think abt the RAMs :D)
Was there anyone from Chennai can help me getting a 9500GT 256MB DDR3 one.

Last edited:

vrslvrs

Broken In

But anyway i'll manage that.Will enquire abt that and try to get it ASAP as GTA 4 is on hold for a new gfx card(Eventhough my current gfx card handle it,i need a playable FPS of 20-25.thats y i am thinking of getting new gfx card).

EDITED :
Guys enquired abt 9500GT and most of the vendors only have had the 512MB DDR2 Version, and no one is having 256MB DDR3 Version. They said that 512MB DDR2 is way faster than 256MB DDR3 :D . And one guy,goes to top and said,DDR3 is not yet released and DDR2 is the current trend.(I hope he think abt the RAMs :D)

Some guys even don't know what these cards are :D they are in the world of AGP cards :D
belive me one guy in chennai told me xfx 8800gt 512 for rupess 3,500 :D (yes U read it right 8800gt 512) :mrgreen:

thinknano

Broken In

hey friends I have a thread here

it's all about the new pc I am going to buy.....
my budget was about 60k and I was going for a quad core system but after posting my thread here in digit forum some friends suggested to go for i7 which is very good and all in all best idea also..but the problem is the money...since I am going for the i7 I have to spend more money on mobo..RAM etc etc....so what I want is...I want to play new games and my main target is video editing and 3D rendering so I need a good quality Graphics Card...

so here is the problem my friend since I have bought the i7 now I have to go for those high quality mobo/ram etc...so I want to save some money over here.....if Ii get a decent Graphics card for now it will be very good for me...so I want to know which one would be very good for me......My new budget for video card is around 7k......let me know the best ATI card........please!!!!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

EDITED :

Dude nice timing , actually my friend is having 9500GT , he told that he is selling he bought 3 months ago , he is going for HD 4870 so he is selling i ll PM u when i get confirmed .

I am frm coimbatore , its possible for u to get the card ???

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Spending 18k on a HD4870 and getting 2x HD4830 for 8.5x2=17k, which o u think is more better huh?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Some guys even don't know what these cards are :D they are in the world of AGP cards :D
belive me one guy in chennai told me xfx 8800gt 512 for rupess 3,500 :D (yes U read it right 8800gt 512) :mrgreen:

He just made it worlds best VFM card out there. :p

BTW - Is your mercury PSU came bundled with the cabinet. Then
I will recommend you to buy new PSU like CM500W extreme Power Rs. 2800.

@ thinknano

For 7K you can get Palit 9800GT which is selling For Rs. 7250.

In 7K range there is no good card from ATI compared to NVIDIA.

If you can increase your budget you can go for Palit HD 4850 for Rs. 8800.
( Best VFM card currently available )

@ comp@ddict

Palit HD 4870 512MB DDR5 Sonic is just only Rs. 15650.
Palit HD 4870 1GB DDR5 Sonic is Rs. 17800.

I think spending Rs.600 more on 2x 4850 is better choice as Palit HD4850 is selling for Rs. 8800.

Last edited:

deba_2k_1

Broken In

Hi all ... I m planning to buy a graphics card within 4 - 5 K (my salary sucks)... anyway here's my spec:- plz help me out :-
MB :- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L
(Expansion Slots
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots)
Processor :- Intel Core2Duo 2.0 Ghz
RAM:- 2GB DDR II (667 mhz)
HD :- 160GB
.................... so plz guys help me on this and also if u can advice me on the kind of Power Supply it needs.. I will be very greatful. (A little explanation on whether to go for graphics card with DDR 3/DDR2 , with my spec would be very helpful).

comp@ddict

Mention your power supply unit too please^^

But I wud suggest HD4650 512MB DDR2 @ 5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ deba_2k_1

For 4-5K get Palit HD Super 4670 With 512MB DDR3 Rs. 5250.

It doesn't need a separate power connector.

deba_2k_1

Broken In

thanks top gear and comp addict.... power wont be a problem ... I will buy a new one if needed... just give me a few more options on cards.... thanks in advance

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sparkle 9600GT Rs. 5500
Palit 9600GT Rs. 5850
Both are 512MB DDR3 version

Palit 9800GT 512MB DDR3 Rs. 7300

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

can any one tell me that HD 4850 can handle all the games @ 1920 X 1020 resolution ???

@ this resolution proccy is not even a big concerned having AMD phenom 9550 , but only doubt is HD 4850 ???

comp@ddict

thanks top gear and comp addict.... power wont be a problem ... I will buy a new one if needed... just give me a few more options on cards.... thanks in advance
Go for a 9600GT, one of those suggested by topgear.

can any one tell me that HD 4850 can handle all the games @ 1920 X 1020 resolution ???

@ this resolution proccy is not even a big concerned having AMD phenom 9550 , but only doubt is HD 4850 ???

Well, it can, but u'll hav to lower settings a bit, it's capable of full blast upto 1680x1050.

Last edited:

prashantisonline

Super Natural

Guys, I am not very much updated about Graphics Cards. I read here that 9600 GT is good to play most recent games at decent quality. I am a big fan of Tomb Raider and want to run the latest edition - Underworld (which does not run at current config :( .)
My question is that will 9500GT would be sufficient to run Underworld at good quality or I need to go for 9600GT?
Thanks!
Config:
AMD 64 4000+
ASUS M2NMX SE Motherboard (onboard GeForce 6100)
1 GB DDR2 RAM (single card)

raj_v1982

Broken In

Guys, I am not very much updated about Graphics Cards. I read here that 9600 GT is good to play most recent games at decent quality. I am a big fan of Tomb Raider and want to run the latest edition - Underworld (which does not run at current config :( .)
My question is that will 9500GT would be sufficient to run Underworld at good quality or I need to go for 9600GT?
Thanks!
Config:
AMD 64 4000+

yes I played tombraider underworld with 8400gs at medium quality settings in 800*600. Its good and fine :)

Now I am playing with 9800gt at full quality, 8x antialiasing and 8x anisotropic settings in 1152*864 :) Its very fantastic :)Even i played ar 16x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic :)wow wow it is awesome :)

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Thanks!
Config:
AMD 64 4000+

i'd suggest ati radeon HD4650...& if hd 4670 fits your budget then go for it

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

My current config is P4 3.72GHz,2GB,7600GT. And i am thinking of getting a new GPU, as my current one was struggling to handle GTA4 even at the lowest settings.Previously i set my mind to buy a 8600 or 9500GT but now, changed my mind towards HD4850. I know that my proccy is a sever bottleneck for that GPU. But i will get a new C2D within a month or later(from my cousin as he go for Quad).
Will i go for HD4850? The reason i choose this was (eventhough i stretch my budget from 3k to 10k :D) its future proof. Atleast i will play the upcoming games at mid-high settings.
If i buy it and use it with my current PC(with P4), will i able to play GTA4 at playable FPS on lowest settings?
Please shed some light on this matter.

raj_v1982

Broken In

My current config is P4 3.72GHz,2GB,7600GT. And i am thinking of getting a new GPU, as my current one was struggling to handle GTA4 even at the lowest settings.Previously i set my mind to buy a 8600 or 9500GT but now, changed my mind towards HD4850. I know that my proccy is a sever bottleneck for that GPU. But i will get a new C2D within a month or later(from my cousin as he go for Quad).
Will i go for HD4850? The reason i choose this was (eventhough i stretch my budget from 3k to 10k :D) its future proof. Atleast i will play the upcoming games at mid-high settings.
If i buy it and use it with my current PC(with P4), will i able to play GTA4 at playable FPS on lowest settings?
Please shed some light on this matter.

check your psu also, U need atleast 450watts psu :-D

comp@ddict

And dun buy a HD4850 for this config.
Rather buy a max 9600GT, not worth spending more than that.

Top Bottom