Graphics Cards related queries here.

prashantisonline

Super Natural
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

yes I played tombraider underworld with 8400gs at medium quality settings in 800*600. Its good and fine :)

Now I am playing with 9800gt at full quality, 8x antialiasing and 8x anisotropic settings in 1152*864 :) Its very fantastic :)Even i played ar 16x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic :)wow wow it is awesome :)

Hi Raj, thanks for sharing your experience.
But my question still remains unanswered. Will 9500GT will be sufficient to play TR Underworld at "decent" quality or I should go for 9600GT?

raj_v1982

Broken In

But my question still remains unanswered. Will 9500GT will be sufficient to play TR Underworld at "decent" quality or I should go for 9600GT?

go and grap that 9600gt :p Its worth to buy the card :p

but before getting 9600gt check your psu also.

what psu U have :rolleyes: how much watts it is ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

My current config is P4 3.72GHz,2GB,7600GT. And i am thinking of getting a new GPU, as my current one was struggling to handle GTA4 even at the lowest settings.Previously i set my mind to buy a 8600 or 9500GT but now, changed my mind towards HD4850. I know that my proccy is a sever bottleneck for that GPU. But i will get a new C2D within a month or later(from my cousin as he go for Quad).
Will i go for HD4850? The reason i choose this was (eventhough i stretch my budget from 3k to 10k :D) its future proof. Atleast i will play the upcoming games at mid-high settings.
If i buy it and use it with my current PC(with P4), will i able to play GTA4 at playable FPS on lowest settings?
Please shed some light on this matter.

Yes, I think you will be able to play GTA4. Just give it a try.

And don't buy anything less than HD4850 as you are upgrading to C2D very soon.

pramod_kk

Broken In

I did not find any Palit HD 4850 graphics card in Kolkata Candni Market.Dos any body know where can I find in Kolkata?.One shop Tecnocrat had an alternative XFX 9800GT @ Rs 10000+vat.I think HD 4850 is better than 9800GT what I learn from the forum.Please help.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

If you are ready to buy 9600GT, you should not be thinking about 9500GT

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I did not find any Palit HD 4850 graphics card in Kolkata Candni Market.Dos any body know where can I find in Kolkata?.One shop Tecnocrat had an alternative XFX 9800GT @ Rs 10000+vat.I think HD 4850 is better than 9800GT what I learn from the forum.Please help.

Contact Here :
11, Robert Street
1st Floor
Kolkata - 700012
Phone - 033-22251192 / 93 Fax - 033-22251276
Contact - Mr. Ranjit Singh

They are the distributor of palit gfx cards & mobos.

thinknano

Broken In

well this guy won't tell you the price, I called him a week back and he asked me to visit his office and i won't bother do that... FTW!!!!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Order it online from lynx-india or techshop.in

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

well this guy won't tell you the price, I called him a week back and he asked me to visit his office and i won't bother do that... FTW!!!!

But one guy from this forum just bought a gfx card from him. just read pages from 190-210 of this thread.

I some time used phone them to know the price of MSI mobo & gfx cards.
They tell the price over phone.

If you find that they are not answering ( though it's very strange ) try shops like Mohit from where I have bought my Palit 9600GT gfx card.

Last edited:

rashwin

Right off the assembly line

My friend wants to upgrade his pc....he is experiencing net problems so he cant post this himself...His query is>he wants to buy a 9800GX2 gfx card...and he wants to know the price in mumbai. he needs it real quick so please if u know it reply asap. Thanks in advance...:)

sriks101080

Right off the assembly line
Re: Graphics Cards related query.

Hi,

I have a PC that I bought in 2001 with following configuration.

P4 1.7 GHz, 40 GB HDD, 256 MB RAM, Intel 845 GL Mother Board.

It is a dinosaur by today's standards, but I have no Intention to upgrade since it
is fine for my Browsing and Basic MS Office related work.

However I am thinking if I could go for a PCI (please note NOT PCI-E, but older PCI)
card to prep up gaming in my system a bit. As of now the games I play stops with
Age of Empires 2 and Hitman Contracts and Sielent Assasin.

First of all do I have an option of buying PCI card since it is a very old technology?
Is it manufactured in first place?

Will it help to play latest games with minimum settings (atleast the trail versions given in DIGIT)?

Or is it just a waste to try anything on my Jurrassic system.

Also I am not sure about my power supply unit.
What's minimum requirement for it in case the PCI card is used?

Hi,

It is a dinosaur by today's standards, but I have no Intention to upgrade since it
is fine for my Brwosing and Basic MS Office related work.

However I am thinking if I could go for a PCI (please note NOT PCI-E, but older PCI)
cards to prep up gaming in my system a bit. As of now the games I play stops with

First of all do I have an option of buying PCI card since it is a very old technology?

Will it help to play latet games with minimum settings (atleast the trail versions given in DIGIT)?

Hi,

is fine for my Brwosing and Basic MS Office related work.

cards to prep up gaming in my system a bit. As of now the games I play stops with

Will it help to play latet games with minimum settings (atleast the trail versions given in DIGIT)?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Why did you post same thing for 3 times.

1. Seems like your mobo doesn't have a agp slot but onl PCI.

2. Latest gfx card doesn't comes with pci interface.
( one company named albraton makes pci card. max 8600gt. But I don't think you will be able to get that in here )
*www.albatron.com.tw/English/news/news_detail.asp?new=default&news_id=268
*www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/vga/pro_list.asp?bus=PCI&gpu=9&gpuna=GeForce 8
*www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/vga/pro_detail.asp?rlink=Specification&no=249

If you can find a 8600gt pci card you can play some latest games though I doubt that your cpu will be a bottleneck.

If you don't find them here read on............

3. The max available pci card you will find here may be geforce fx 5200.
No you could not be able to play latest titles ( big sized games - 95% ) with geforce fx except a few little old released in 2-2004-2006 ( max ) games.

Also PCI bus offers very low bandwidth comapred to agp & pci-e which is not suitable for current gen games even if you use a 8600gt pci gfx card.

Your CPU is not also very powerful either. So all in all it's total waste to spend money on a pci gfx card.

My friend wants to upgrade his pc....he is experiencing net problems so he cant post this himself...His query is>he wants to buy a 9800GX2 gfx card...and he wants to know the price in mumbai. he needs it real quick so please if u know it reply asap. Thanks in advance...:)

Buying 9800GX2 is a total waste. It's costs much, heats up a lot & doesn't offer good performance comared to latest gfx cards like say HD4870X2.

If your friend has sli mobo then tell him to buy Plait Revolution 700 Deluxe
which is a card based on 2 HD 4870 GPUs & has 2GB of DDR5 mem. It costs Rs. 34000 It's the best single gfx card ( dual gpu ) solution avaiable currently on the market.

Last edited:

deba_2k_1

Broken In

hi... I want to know whether a DDR 3 graphics card compatible with my board :
MB :- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L
(Expansion Slots
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots)
RAM:- 2GB DDR II (667 mhz)
plz help guys ...I think my vendor is taking me for a ride

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@deba_2k_1

If u have a PCI-E slot, then all gfx cards will support your Mobo, regardless of its memory type. What you are talking about is memory type of VRAM and that doesn't merge with DDR-II RAM's.:D.
So dont worry, even your Mobo supports DDR4 Graphics Cards too.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

hi... I want to know whether a DDR 3 graphics card compatible with my board :
MB :- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L
(Expansion Slots
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots)
RAM:- 2GB DDR II (667 mhz)
plz help guys ...I think my vendor is taking me for a ride
As Rajkumar said, the gfx ram type has nothing to do wid the mobo as long as it is PCI-PCI or PCIe-PCIe

rishabh9

Broken In

Hi guys!

I need suggestion from you guys in purchasing a graphics card. Below are the constraints I have:

Budget: 6K-8k
Motherboard: Asus M3A78-EM
PSU: Corsair 450
RAM: 2GB 800MHz

I want to be able to play latest games like Crysis, GTA4, etc. with a decent frame rate in 1280x1024 resolution. Also it should be able to survive for the next two years.

If any other information is required please do let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Rishabh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I want to add some mor GPU juice to my existent system. (Though it is old). I do not want to go in for a major upgrade right now. Currently I have the GT8500 Which I am not to happy with.

Which GPU would be the best and not get bottle-necked by my CPU. Would the GT8600 be fine, since it does not cost too much also. I do not want to extend my budget beyond 4K and how is the Radeon 3850...and I think the GT8800 would get bottle necked, and is expensive too..??

thanks a lot,
asigh

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I heard somewhere in the forum that 9800GT was available for 7.3k. That was a good option for you, or get a HD4670 for 5.5k.
But don't forgot that these cards wont able to handle the games smoothly at higher resolutions.
So better stretch ur budget by another 2k and get a Palit HD4850 which will be more than enough for games u said.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I heard somewhere in the forum that 9800GT was available for 7.3k. That was a good option for you, or get a HD4670 for 5.5k.
But don't forgot that these cards wont able to handle the games smoothly at higher resolutions.
So better stretch ur budget by another 2k and get a Palit HD4850 which will be more than enough for games u said.

Wont the HD4850 be bottle necked by my system CPU..?
Is the HD4670 better then GT8600..?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@asigh
The suggestion i gave was for Rishabh.Not for you.

For you, its better to get the 8600GT 512/256 MB DDR3, as others mentioned by you get severly bottlenecked by ur CPU.
And the 86GT wont be that costly.
So better go for it.

Top Bottom