Graphics Cards related queries here.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ boogyman - Buy Palit HD 4670 Rs. 5200

@ Anurag_panda - CM 390W is more than enough to handle 4650 % 4670.
It can even handle 9600GT. Recomendation : Go for Palit HD 4670 Rs. 5200.

Thanks.

Bus interface is PCI Express® 1.0 and the cards are of 2.0 will that support my MOBO. [/COLOR]
Yes they will. IIRC they would be limited by the the 1.0's bandwidth but AFAIK it more than enough for mid range cards.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Anytime topgear.

Can someone answer me:
Can my CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 390W cope up with a new ATI Radeon HD4650, in addition to the configuration given in my sig.
Normally a 390W power supply wouldn't be able to cope but after all this is CoolerMaster, it should handle the card?
Also which Vendor should I choose? And some hints on cost too please. (can't go further than Rs. 5500)

No it's kk, but get HD4650, it's for 4.8k and it's like ~~ performance to HD4670 get it.

Mohnishgs

powering up

i have decided to buy a HD4830, what brand should i go for? also my budget for psu+ gfx card is 10 k suggest a good psu

i have decided to buy a HD4830, what brand should i go for? also my budget for psu+ gfx card is 10 k suggest a good psu

Last edited:

Go for Palit.

Psu Numeric is acceptable. For the gpu go for the Palit brand.

Go for the Palit brand for the GPU.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hi topgear can u please mention the place where it is available in hyderabad.
Also I think my Bus interface is PCI Express® 1.0 and the cards are of 2.0 will that support my MOBO.

I'm from Kolkata :p
So ask some one from ur city.

Yes the card will work without a single issue.

AbhY

Broken In

I got my new gfx card. As suggested here, i buyed a new Palit 9500GT (1 GB DDR2), 2GB additional ram and a 320GB HDD. 256MB DDR3 version was not available at all. Got it for 3850, lamington road, mumbai. Thank you all for the support, the card is simply rocking. I'm able to play GTA4 with minimum settings even though i have a p4 3.0GHZ. :)
First image attached is my box.

But the model i got is quite different from the one i saw on the internet here-
*xtreview.com/addcomment-id-5946-view-Palit-9500GT.html
I got an additional HDMI port, and is has a fan as well, something which doesnot match with this website. Shopkeep said it's genuine, it's different as it's India. Also said "Fan's because it's relatively high temperature in India" Hope i'm not taken for a ride. Anyways can i confirmation? Incase this helps, my heatsink is a golden one, with a black fan in middle.

One more thing, i've got an additional 2-pin cable along with the card as in 2nd image. I'm not an experienced one in assembling GFX cards, so what's it for? The manual doesnt mention anything at all. And btw, one end goes in the graphic card.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Check palit's website. This card looks to be genuine

For the 2 pin cable It's digital audio cable to output audio over HDMI cable.

jaym_2001

Broken In

I have foll hardware config:

Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 (nVidia nForce 610i chipset) m/bd,
Pent 4 E4600 CPU &
XFX 8400 GS PCI-E Graphics Card
17" LCD Monitor

Would like to upgrade the Gfx Card as the present one makes too much noise after some time (about 3-4 hours general use).
Not into gaming or image/video editing. Occasionally view movies on the computer.

So, for general (non-gaming) use, what would be a good entry-level or mid-range Gfx Card that is of good quality & will be silent. Have budget of about Rs. 3500.

Thanks,

janitha

Wise Old Owl

I have foll hardware config:

Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 (nVidia nForce 610i chipset) m/bd,
Pent 4 E4600 CPU &
XFX 8400 GS PCI-E Graphics Card
17" LCD Monitor

Would like to upgrade the Gfx Card as the present one makes too much noise after some time (about 3-4 hours general use).
Not into gaming or image/video editing. Occasionally view movies on the computer.

So, for general (non-gaming) use, what would be a good entry-level or mid-range Gfx Card that is of good quality & will be silent. Have budget of about Rs. 3500.

Thanks,

Get a fanless card. IIRC, there is a Gigabyte 8600GT which retails for less than your budget.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Palit & Sparkle has some fanless 9500GT cards ? you can try them.
These 9500GT runs cooler than 8600GT & gives better performance.
They should cost you Rs. 3500-3800.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

@jaym_2001
Get MSI R4350 512MB DDRII from Ebay. Using the 15% discount coupon, you get it for Rs.2209/-. Search Erodov or Techenclave for coupons.
*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260347964600&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent

budget 6k... can extend by 1k max.... tired of getting my xfx 8600GT repaired again n again, want a new gfx card... suggest!

also have to buy a new 500GB disk.. amd may be a tft too... so if possible sugest them also, but main priority is gfx card!

weftr100

Random Username

Can someone suggest a good GPU for 5k or below? I'll be wanting to play games such as GTAIV. I do not mind if I'm not able to max out all the settings, I want the game to be playable at mid-high settings.

My PC's config:
- DG965RY MoBo
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- C2D 6420 @ 2.13 GHz

Also, I've got a 300W PSU, will that be enough, or should I go for a PSU with a higher wattage? Thanks.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

which wud be the cheapest SMPS for 8600 and 4350
8600GT rite?
Powersafe Silver 400W @ 1.2k

For HD4350, any generic 300W and above PSU.

budget 6k... can extend by 1k max.... tired of getting my xfx 8600GT repaired again n again, want a new gfx card... suggest!

also have to buy a new 500GB disk.. amd may be a tft too... so if possible sugest them also, but main priority is gfx card!
What's ur PSU????

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can someone suggest a good GPU for 5k or below? I'll be wanting to play games such as GTAIV. I do not mind if I'm not able to max out all the settings, I want the game to be playable at mid-high settings.

My PC's config:
- DG965RY MoBo
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- C2D 6420 @ 2.13 GHz

Also, I've got a 300W PSU, will that be enough, or should I go for a PSU with a higher wattage? Thanks.

Your current cpu is just fine to run GTA4.

You can OC your cpu to get better performance though it's a major prob to oc cpu in intel boards. Also your processor's thermal specification is not so good only 60-61C.

So I'll suggest you to buy e5200 ( Rs. 3800-4000 ) or e7200/7300 (Rs. 5200-5500 ) though they are low on cache size as compared to c2d6420
but their thermal specification is much higher around 72-74C. So their OC potential is good.

If you only want to play GTA4 & similar games which are not heavy on system
then skip buying the cpu & get the followings ( they are must have to play some game like GTA4 )

To play GTA4 you need to have a gfx card like 9500GT Rs. 3800
& a new smps say colorsit 450w Rs. 1000

Top Bottom