Graphics Cards related queries here.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Which one is good?- Price difference is noticeable-

Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Sapphire AMD HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Asus AMD/ATI HD 7770 Direct CU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Gigabyte Model as both the other two cards are over priced. Gigabyte offers fairly good build quality and the card is also factor overclocked.

snegi2

Right off the assembly line
i am having a display problem with my pc. my config is ST2220L 21.5 inch Widescreen LCD Panel Monitor with High Definition LED Display.its full hd display pannel. motherboard is asus 5kpl am ps 2 gb ddr2 ram and hd 6670 1 gb ddr5 graphic card.the problem is this when i connect the graphic card hd slot with the hdmi slot of the monitor through the hdmi cable it does not display the full screen that is 16:9 aspect ratio but it display small ratio ,it doesnt fill up the entire screen but in the display it is showing 1920*1080 display can u plz rectify the problem with a proper solution i am using windows 7 64 bit

Attachments

• Image0071.jpg
    Image0071.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Image0064.jpg
    Image0064.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Image0072.jpg
    Image0072.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Image0090.jpg
    Image0090.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Image0087.jpg
    Image0087.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Image0088.jpg
    Image0088.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 75

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Why are both the vga and the hdmi cable connected ? Just the vga is enough. I dont think ST2220L has speakers.
Adjust the screen offset from the monitor.

snegi2

Why are both the vga and the hdmi cable connected ? Just the vga is enough. I dont think ST2220L has speakers.
Adjust the screen offset from the monitor.
i have already done that but the problem is the same . there is one thing more when i connect only vga cable then the aspect ration is perfect 16:9 when i connect only hdmi cable then the ration is not 16:9 .do you think that i should change my hdmi cable .

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Not a problem with cables.
I think different resolutions are set for analog and digital display connections.
You can check the resolution set in the graphics display options.

snegi2

I have checked it both and according to the resolution it is 1920^1080 in the hdmi and on vga it is 1660*1024 ?

d3p

PowerHouse
i am having a display problem with my pc. my config is ST2220L 21.5 inch Widescreen LCD Panel Monitor with High Definition LED Display.its full hd display pannel. motherboard is asus 5kpl am ps 2 gb ddr2 ram and hd 6670 1 gb ddr5 graphic card.the problem is this when i connect the graphic card hd slot with the hdmi slot of the monitor through the hdmi cable it does not display the full screen that is 16:9 aspect ratio but it display small ratio ,it doesnt fill up the entire screen but in the display it is showing 1920*1080 display can u plz rectify the problem with a proper solution i am using windows 7 64 bit

Post the Driver version, you are using atm.

Secondly, in case you have a DVI Cable, try connecting with that. But remove the rest of the cables & use one at a time. Either HDMI or DVI.

Post the observations.

snegi2

Driver Packaging Version 9.002-120928m-149042C-ATI
Catalyst Version 12.10
Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1266
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0002
Direct3D Version 9.14.10.0926
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11931
Catalyst Control Center Version 2012.0928.1532.26058

when i change the cable to dvi one then it is showing the full hd display content 1920*1080 and the aspect ratio is 16:9 as well but i wanted the same thing to the hdmi cable thing plz guys tell me about it is dvi is better than hdmi .how can i get the same awesome quality in the hdmi and plz see the attachements also

Attachments

• Image0093[1].jpg
    Image0093[1].jpg
    112 KB · Views: 65
  • Image0092[1].jpg
    Image0092[1].jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Image0091[1].jpg
    Image0091[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 68

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think there is an Option available under Video Quality setting of AMD Catalyst Control Panel, something like Perform Scaling on GPU. If it is checked or selected then un-select or uncheck it and chose something like Override scaling by Programs and Games

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
when i change the cable to dvi one then it is showing the full hd display content 1920*1080 and the aspect ratio is 16:9 as well but i wanted the same thing to the hdmi cable thing plz guys tell me about it is dvi is better than hdmi .how can i get the same awesome quality in the hdmi and plz see the attachements also
DVI and HDMI have exactly same video quality and exactly same electrical signal (video).

HDMI = DVI + Audio + Different connector. Nothing else.

Second, even when you are using HDMI - you are still getting 1920x1080 resolution. But it is not scaled properly. See the picture below. Go there and fix it.

*i.imgur.com/WudN7.jpg

snegi2

thank you very much u r a really gods of the computer thanks for helping me i achieve the desired display and full hd and aspect ratio as well but one question when i choose lcd overdrive what values should i put in that (lcd digital flat pannel)? one more problem is that i have a sound card but when i put 3.5mm jack it doesnt give the output the sound comes only when i put the jack in the motherboard sound port is this something to do with the graphic card i have c media sound card i have installed drivers as well ?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone tell please how to change the setting of ATI CC so I can get better image quality.
In game image showing kinda bigger pixel not smooth edge.
There are some setting at Nvidia setting to make image quality better(Performance to Quality) but could not find similar at ATI CC.
My bro got 9600GT and me HD5670.
My brother in game pic far more smooth than mine.
HD5670 in game pic looks like more pixelated than 9600GT(with same game graphics settings).
There must be way way to make better image quality for my ATI card.
may be I don't know. :(

For gaming cheapest card wont be very good. Pick up a HD 6450 or GT 240.

Whats the Price of gtx 240 ? Actually i was planning on buying a laptop which cud suffice my needs same as tat of my gtx 280 . Budget bracket is not more than 60k for tat .
I am having loads of data in my sata hard drives of my desktop.
Just need access to those and want to kip desktop alive .

Top Bottom