Graphics Cards related queries here.

rock2702

Padawan
Btw the cards u mentioned i would chose 5670 as it is a better card.

Check primeabgb,theitwares,mdcomputers.in,smcinternational,techshop.in,theitdepot for the 512mb model.

Rohit Moharana

Right off the assembly line
confusion between graphic card and RAM

this is my computer configuration:

processor : intel core i3 550 @ 3.2 GHz
graphics : intel hd i3 550 ( integrated )
RAM : 2 GB DDR3 single channel ( clock - 667 MHz )

Now i know that my computer is very bad but i have got a change to upgrade it.
i want to do video and 3d rendering and model making. i know both my Graphics and RAM are not enough to do all these but i can upgrade only one of them.so with these configs what must i upgrade : Graphic card or RAM. the graphic card i can buy around 5 k and the RAM has no limit.

Pls reply fast as i have to buy them fast. i din't need to do very hardcore kiind of designing, just learning and if possible then some medium convincing designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Processor or the CPU is the worst here, not the GPU or Ram. For 5K, tgry to get HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 from brands like MSI and Sapphire which will be available around 5.4K.

Ajay Dsuja

Re: confusion between graphic card and RAM

this is my computer configuration:

processor : intel core i3 550 @ 3.2 GHz
graphics : intel hd i3 550 ( integrated )
RAM : 2 GB DDR3 single channel ( clock - 667 MHz )

Now i know that my computer is very bad but i have got a change to upgrade it.
i want to do video and 3d rendering and model making. i know both my Graphics and RAM are not enough to do all these but i can upgrade only one of them.so with these configs what must i upgrade : Graphic card or RAM. the graphic card i can buy around 5 k and the RAM has no limit.

Pls reply fast as i have to buy them fast. i din't need to do very hardcore kiind of designing, just learning and if possible then some medium convincing designs.

ya the RAM and The graphic card are not enough. i need to to upgrade both of them to do those which u want to do. try decrease the budget on graphic card and give that money to get RAM, in this way u can upgrade both of them.
get amd radeon 5670 or 6570 (watever u like) and get a 4 GB RAM upgrade

Searched a lot for 512mb ddr5 version of 5670...but didn't find one :(

So after seeing this comparison ...

*www.game-debate.com/hardware/index...raphics=Radeon+HD+6570+1GB+DDR3&checkSubmit=#

Will go for 6570...
Thanks for helping guys...:)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Which version of HD 6570? If you get the DDR3 version then it will perform lesser than HD 5670 GDDR5.

Which version of HD 6570? If you get the DDR3 version then it will perform lesser than HD 5670 GDDR5.

Yup I know...but I am really tight on budget ...:(
So will go for ddr3 version ....none of the ddr5 versions fall under my budget...

I was only confused b/w the ddr3 versions of 6570 and 5670...after seeing above review decided to go for sapphire hd6570 1gb ddr3...
Hope I can run new games at atleast 720p...:)

^ He meant DDR3 version only.
@Smalltownboy: What's your maximum budget?

Max 4.2k....
Also I have a c2d e7500...gigabyte ga41m-combo mobo...4gig ram...and a crappy 450w frontech psu..
A dell d1920 monitor with Max res of 1366*768...
Also I don't have anymore cash left to upgrade any of my hardware ...
So thought 6570 would be good enough ..

What do you think...?

Flash

Lost in speed
If you'r really tight on budget, try considering HD5570 GDDR5.
XFX AMD HD 5570 1GB DDR5 Graphic Card Best Lowest discount Graphic Card price available online in India

Though, i don't know about this site's credibility.

If you'r really tight on budget, try considering HD5570 GDDR5.
XFX AMD HD 5570 1GB DDR5 Graphic Card Best Lowest discount Graphic Card price available online in India

Though, i don't know about this site's credibility.

I didn't know the 5570 had a ddr5 version ...:confused:
But was thinking of buying from Flipkart ...
I also have not heard of the website you have stated..

rohit1985

Hey guys,

I own a HP COMPAQ SR1931IL, and I am thinking of buying a graphic card for my system. My requirements would be good rendering of Windows 7 or 8, and sometimes game playing.
My configuration for the computer is as follows:

Base processor
PentiumD 820 (S) DC 2.8 GHz
800 MHz front side bus
Socket 775
Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
Motherboard
Manufacturer: ECS
Motherboard Name: RC410-M
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope2-GL8E
Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Maximum allowed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Speed supported PC2-4200 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

It is a system bought directly from the company, so apart from the above information, all other things are same. If you guys want any other information, please let me know or you can directly have a look at this link. Compaq Presario SR1931IL Desktop PC | HP® Support

Regarding this purchase, I have some questions and would be really grateful for any responses and solutions. :smile:

1. Would the power supply unit( I believe it's called SMPS), be powerful enough to support a new hardware addition?

2. How to find out what kind of graphic cards will my MOBO support?

3. Does the graphic card have to be DDR2 only or can it be DDR3 as well? Will it make any kind of difference of choosing one type over another?

In addition to this, I have an analog TV laying spare with me. It has an amazing sound system attached to it. I plan to connect this TV with my system. So,

4. Does all the graphic cards have to ability to support multiple screens? Or are there any tweaks in the windows itself to achieve this?

5. How to go about connecting this TV with my computer? It has 3 ports (one video, two audio). Which cable would be optimum for this?

6. In India (Delhi), where should I go to buy this all stuff? If you happen to know any trust worthy hardware vendor, please pass on the knowledge.

What are your opinions about RADEON HD6450 and GEFORCE 210? Will they satisfy the above requirements?

I know, the above thread is a long one, but please help me. I will be highly obliged :smile:

banskt

Broken In
The graphics card will be used for running LAMMPS and GROMACS for molecular dynamics(MD) simulation. This would be an experiment on our desktops. If successful, we would be upgrading our CPU-based HPC to include GPUs.

OpenCL would have been better, as far as I understand. The research oriented developments are moving towards OpenCL, but as of now, GROMACS do not support OpenCL. It supports CUDA only. As an addition, we have a lot of work to do in VMD as well (though its importance is secondary to the MD simulations). VMD also works on CUDA (but as I said, VMD is not the deal breaker).

I did some study myself, and we are going for ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card.

Any other recommendation?

On a separate note, I am getting a Sapphire HD7770 for my personal rig as well. Will it be supported on my rig (in signature, I am especially concerned about the PSU)?

coldfir3

My current config is:
Intel core i5 3570 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 2X8GB(16 GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600
2 SATA Green Hard Disk and one DVD writer
CORSAIR VX-450 watts power supply(33 A on +12V)

I am planning to buy gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2Gb(Gigabyte AMD GV-R7850OC-2GD 2 GB GDDR5 ). Will I able to run my current config+ this graphics card on my corsair VX-450 watts psu?

Also I will not overclock any of my components so it wont take extra power.I don't have any extra cooler or exhaust fans or any other component which will use my power supply.

hari

Hi,

I had a Nvidia 8800GT card on my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe MB, pretty old rig. I am looking for a decent mid level gaming graphics card for around 6-8k.

now, my MB specs say's it has PCI Express x16 slot, I read few articles, that PCIe is backward compatible and all, and yet in few forums, they mentioned it might pose a problem on some motherboards. can someone help me understand, if I can go with a PCIe 3.0 card on my motherboard ?

I have my PC connected to my 32" LED SONY TV, so looking for one that can support games at decent details and view HD Video's.

can anyone please suggest me one (AMD/nVidia) ?

Current config:
Processor: AMD X2 5600+
Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: 8800GT (dead)
PSU: Corsair 600 Watts

Top Bottom