Graphics Cards related queries here.

rchi84

In the zone
Hmm. A 1k difference is substantial. With the 465 theres a chance to unlock it to a 470. It may run hotter but it can play games at high details..

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
Ok guys I got gtx550ti cycloneII with fsp saga 500w. Limited my budget around 10k. Need one more suggestion before putting gpu in my pc. I already have a Asus radeon4530 in my pc. So my question is that can I use both 4530 and 550ti simuntaniously at the same time to increase my pc's gpu power or I ll have to discard 4530 and then install 550ti?? Plz reply URGENT guys. N once again thanx for ur help.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ok guys I got gtx550ti cycloneII with fsp saga 500w. Limited my budget around 10k. Need one more suggestion before putting gpu in my pc. I already have a Asus radeon4530 in my pc. So my question is that can I use both 4530 and 550ti simuntaniously at the same time to increase my pc's gpu power or I ll have to discard 4530 and then install 550ti?? Plz reply URGENT guys. N once again thanx for ur help.

Simply putting it no you cant use them. Nothing to discard. Remove the older card and put in the new.

will 8800gt (512mb) and intel pentium D 925(3.0ghz) bottleneck ..or a new cpu is required ??
can i overcome it by overclocking CPU ??if yes then by how much ??

smltngs

Broken In
Recently I bought a PointOfView GTX 560(non-Ti) from TechShop.in. It is an underclocked card.It has clock speeds lower than reference specs of GTX 560 where as we can see many other brands giving cards with atleast a slight upgrade from reference specs. This card seems to be one of their variants of their GTX 560's only selling in India and some other countries. I am posting this so that others will be aware of this info. Be careful buying unkown brands.

Config
Proc - Intel Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz (upto 3.8 GHz OC)
Mobo - ASUS p5gz-MX ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5GZ-MX
PSU - Mercury 400W (came with cabinet: 17A on 12V rail)
Screen res 1280x1024

Tell me the best GFX CARD that will not get bottlenecked by current CONFIG

Cilus

laborare est orare
procc. and mobo are not a problem right. . .?

No the motherboard is not a problem. If you are having a 8800 GT (you have asked in your previous post) then change the PSU and use it. Your processor won't bottleneck the card.

NitrousNavneet, none of the cards, HD 6450 and HD 5450 are not able to play GTA 4 even in moderate setting at resolution over 1024X768. Let us know what is your budget so that we can suggest something better. However, at low budget best choice is Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 3.9K.

vaibhav23

In the zone
p4 2.66 Ghz
Asus 845GE mobo
1 GB DDR
250W OEM PSU
I want to buy a 5450/6450/GT520 to play games released till 2007 and run Windows 7.
Regarding PCI slot in my BIOS it gives me an option between IGP/AGP or PCI slot to choose for display device.I think that means my pc has a PCI slot.
Any other way by which I could recognize a PCI slot.
Please suggest fast as I need to buy the card till tomorrow evening

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your motherboard does not have any PCI Express X16 slot and has a AGP 4X slot. So any current graphics card can't be added on it. Check in you local markets if you can find AGP versions of some old cards. But most of the AGP cards available are very weak cards. So no luck here.

Cilus

laborare est orare
That is PCI, not PCI -E or PCI Express. There are display cards available with 8MB or 16MB memory that can be plugged in the PCI slot for dispaly output. Also there were certain Gfx cards designed for PCI slots. But they are now history as any good Gfx card will be bottlenecked by the very low bandwidth of PCI slot.

Your comp is EOL now. So better opt for a new one.

vaibhav23

In the zone
I know my comp is EOL.Would get a laptop in March when 7000M and 600M series will be widely found in the market
I think Zotac recently released a PCI slot GT520

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
Ok fellas so I ve finally got msi 560 instead of 550ti cyclone. Ordered it at itwares and will get in a day or two. Meanwhile I want some suggestion about my mobo. I have an Asus M4N68T-M LE VT. Just want to know that is my current mobo compatible for msi 560, or do I need to change it also. If I need to change then plz suggest best suitable mobo for msi 560 within 4-4.5k.
And can I install GPU+PSU myself?? I ve never done it before :fear: Any guidance will be much appreciated.

smltngs

Broken In
My GTX 560(non-Ti) is hitting max temperature of 90 degree celsius(as shown in MSI afterburner) when i run any game for sometime. Is that normal?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should be around 80. It's a bit on the higher side. Try checking in GPU-Z.

anyhow, GPUs can sustain that high temperature. Not much to worry about.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@SHUT...UPPP, as long as it has a free PCIeX16 (or X8 slot), you can plug in any damn PCIe based GPU.

My GTX 560(non-Ti) is hitting max temperature of 90 degree celsius(as shown in MSI afterburner) when i run any game for sometime. Is that normal?

check with GPU_Z or CPUID HWMonitor. i really don't trust MSI AB's readings.

Top Bottom