Graphics Cards related queries here.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this:-

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: December 2011

;)

Vladimir

Broken In
Hello,
I was playing Batman Arkham City with 1920 x 1080 physx : normal, 4xAA & other details maxed out. After playing for 1.5 hr smoothly; the game crashed with an error message of "ran out of video memory"....will you please tell me wht this is & why this message occurred? my system is :
i5 2400, intel dh67bl,
4GB ram,
ASUS gtx 560Ti 1 gb ddr5, Win xp sp3

cyxgoku

Right off the assembly line
Found SAPPHIRE HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE at flipkart worth 10700/-
Just want to know is flipkart selling at a higher price ?...
Any one knows whats the current price of this graphic card?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
These are prices on another site

HD 6850 ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India
Buy Sapphire | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 PCI Express card | Buy PCI Express card | Buy Graphic card

The flipkart one is a bit higher

Cilus

laborare est orare
Check the prices in theitwares.in. Over there Sapphire HD 6850 is available @ 9.3K and MSI Cyclone Oc HD 6850 is available @ 9.8K.

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
Guys plz plz plz help urgent.
I am unable to install driver for msi560 :( The driver which came in CD with pack shows option to choose between driver and afterburner ....but when I click to install driver nothing happens. I even dnlded latest driver for window7 64bit and All verion (Asia region) from msi site but it fails on the very first step and gives a message "driver cannot be installed because its not compatible with present software". My pc is not even recognising my hd moniter :( n is running on default vga resolution. I m using windows7 64 bit. Connected using DVI cable. My mobo isAsus M4N68T-M LE VT. Plz guide how to install driver n fix display resolution and atleast use my 560 graphic card gour which I shelled out 11.5k :(

Last edited:

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Graphics Card for Modelling/Rendering and Gaming

Okay My Budget for the card is Rs. 13,000 INR and main purpose is to work on software like MAYA 2012, 3DS MAx, etc and gaming at more than 40 fps( with high settings turned on, in games like Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Crysis 2 etc.). I, therefore request you to suggest (Nvidia only) a latest graphics card that can handle both works smoothly.Thanks.

rahulmax

Broken In
Re: Graphics Card for Modelling/Rendering and Gaming

Okay My Budget for the card is Rs. 13,000 INR and main purpose is to work on software like MAYA 2012, 3DS MAx, etc and gaming at more than 40 fps( with high settings turned on, in games like Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Crysis 2 etc.). I, therefore request you to suggest (Nvidia only) a latest graphics card that can handle both works smoothly.Thanks.

In your budget you will get a gtx 560 ti, i got a zotac 560 ti for 12900. It is a beast card for price. Zotac is a great company but if you can increase your budget to 14.5k you can get a msi gtx 560 ti twin froze OC , which is factory overclocked with two fans, i have heard it is also good.

Otherwise i am using a zotac gtx 560 ti , it is also an awesome card, i run gta 4 , crysis warhead on avg. of 60 fps on max!!

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
@rahulmax
Thanks a lot for your advice but i have a doubt whether MSI GTX560ti twin frozr OC can handle the Softwares like Autodesk MAYA 2012 and 3DS Max for Modeliing and Rendering or not beside Gaming?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Gaurav
If your man priority is ONLY MAYA or 3ds get a workstation card/ but since you want gaming too. its sensible more to get 560 Ti.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@rahulmax
Thanks a lot for your advice but i have a doubt whether MSI GTX560ti twin frozr OC can handle the Softwares like Autodesk MAYA 2012 and 3DS Max for Modeliing and Rendering or not beside Gaming?

easily!! don't worry about that. Even my old 8800GS can handle those software. :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@rahulmax

easily!! don't worry about that. Even my old 8800GS can handle those software. :p
Time for the ugly truth. lol.

Answer is NO.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/140290-nvidia-drivers-opengl-issues.html

[H]ard|Forum - View Single Post - Desktop versus Workstation GPU's? - Here you see this guy complaining about how his GTX 470 half as fast as 8800 GTX.

PS: Latest Maya has tried to address this issue. Viewport 2.0 in Maya 2012 has improved performance on "gaming" Fermi cards.

Get a workstation card. Or get AMD HD 6950 2GB - for gaming and modeling.

Top Bottom