Graphics Cards related queries here.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
560Ti would be 12-14k depending on the model. Pair it with Corsair GS600 for 4k and the expenditure will start moving towards 20k. Moreover, your dual-core CPU may bottleneck some games.

State your budget if you want to go for 560Ti and other upgrades (like RAM).

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Much thanx for the reply bro. Just one more thing, can I use MSI GTX560TI HAWK with my current configuration?? If yes then plz do recommend PSU to go with 560TI.
Yes you can use hawk with your current config. but you will see a huge bottleneck in cpu intensive game like BBC2, even with hd6790 or gtx550ti.

Corsair GS600 would be ideal choice for gtx560ti as said by skud.

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
560Ti would be 12-14k depending on the model. Pair it with Corsair GS600 for 4k and the expenditure will start moving towards 20k. Moreover, your dual-core CPU may bottleneck some games.

State your budget if you want to go for 560Ti and other upgrades (like RAM).
actually my budget is 10k but i dont mind to stretch it if i get 560ti for 15k or 17k budget. as i mentioned before i am a hardcore gamer n want to play even the most power hungry games like skyrim, bf etc. i plan to upgrade my pc step by step like now upgrading gpu+psu then after some time processer n further on. can u guys plz answer that can 550ti run above mentioned games smoothly on high settings or will i have to go for 560ti to fulfill my gaming needs??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
560ti is way better than a 550ti. MSI 560Ti TFII/OC would be 15k and Corsair GS600 would be 4k. HAWK should be priced higher. Other option is to opt for a 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870. These would cost around 12k and together with the SMPS would be within your budget.

smltngs

Broken In
I have corsair vx450 psu and gtx560(non-Ti).The psu has only 1 pcie power connector but 560 requires two connectors.So I am using molex to pcie convertor.How should I connect the molexes:
1)plug in only 1 molex to psu cable.
2)connect both molexes to one psu cable.
3)connect both molexes to two different psu cables.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have corsair vx450 psu and gtx560(non-Ti).The psu has only 1 pcie power connector but 560 requires two connectors.So I am using molex to pcie convertor.How should I connect the molexes:
1)plug in only 1 molex to psu cable.
2)connect both molexes to one psu cable.
3)connect both molexes to two different psu cables.
answered clearly over here :) - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Sticky threads are meant to be read by everyone.

What d3p5kor has said is right.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Is it just me or the GPU prices are soaring?

HD6670 MD1GD5 is @ 6.4K while HD6770 MD1GD5 is @ 6.8K (might be updated soon)

Come to think of it, I just saw it as 5.6K 3 days ago. (and that was high to begin with).

They had goofed up data. Clarified & fixed.

Last edited:

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
560ti is way better than a 550ti. MSI 560Ti TFII/OC would be 15k and Corsair GS600 would be 4k. HAWK should be priced higher. Other option is to opt for a 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870. These would cost around 12k and together with the SMPS would be within your budget.

ok bro i finalized to buy 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870. but plz clear two more points plz...
1) which one is better for gaming- 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870??
2) suggest any PSU to buy with any of both GPUs within 3k range.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would suggest you to stick with GS600 at 4k. Other options are SeaSonic S12II 520W @ 3.5k, Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3.1k, or FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k. Take your pick.

For graphics card, go for the one which will be available cheaper if you are getting the base model. ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Performance wise both are almost same. But HD 6870 has lower power consumption and lower temperature on load. So it can be overclocked with more ease.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok bro i finalized to buy 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870. but plz clear two more points plz...
1) which one is better for gaming- 560 (non Ti) or Radeon 6870??
2) suggest any PSU to buy with any of both GPUs within 3k range.
Both have EXACT same performance. EXACT, and I mean it. HD 6870 has the lower power consumption though.

PSU? Seasonic S12II 520w would be my choice.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this model:-

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!HIS IceQ X H687QN1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card

I think at 11.1k it's the cheapest 6870 with a custom cooler.

Top Bottom