Graphics Cards related queries here.

d3p

PowerHouse
^Sapphire HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB @ 15.7k or MSI NGTX560ti HAWK if Nvidia is preferred.

d3p

PowerHouse
cuz my friend getting it n we thinking to switch time to time :p

I hope you are aware of that fact that GTX 560ti is a Product from Nvdia's Family & HD6950 is from Radeon.

So definitely you gonna have some good times switching them......Nice Go ahead & post the experience.

kapilove77

Padawan
I hope you are aware of that fact that GTX 560ti is a Product from Nvdia's Family & HD6950 is from Radeon.

So definitely you gonna have some good times switching them......Nice Go ahead & post the experience.

Yes i know the difference but i don't understand your intention. Is it in a good way you saying or bad?

d3p

PowerHouse
Yes, its in a good intention only.

Coz, You can be a best person, who can be contacted for performance differences.

LegendKiller

In the zone
my nvidia gtx-250 is causing my computer to enter "power saving mode" after every few mins....its 2 yr old card........

Ppl near home say that gp-cards can't be repaired and have asked me to replace it.....my budget is 5-7k max.......

d3p

PowerHouse
Do you mean it enter to power saving mode, when the system is idle for 5mins ??

Verify the Power Savings Options from the Control Panel & change the settings from 5mins to never upon your wish.

LegendKiller

In the zone
no, yaar as soon as i log-in sometimes........all the power-options are turned to never on my pc......

i have a intel processor, suggest me a good gpu for 5-7k which will do well with latest games like deus-ex, batman etc......

guru_urug

iGoogle
For 7k AMD HD 6770 is the best you can get currently.
link : TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!HIS H677FN1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity

I really think that you should try and verify if your problem is fixable, before investing in a new GPU. Try your card on a friends PC

LegendKiller

In the zone
well after opening my cabinet it says Coolmasters RS-350, which i think means 350w......i had to purchase this to go with my gtx-250 gpu....so angry that zotac gt-250 didn't even last 2yrs.......

guru_urug

iGoogle
@LegendKiller Your PSU is a CM extreme series PSU,those PSU's are not good and are over-rated. A GTS 250 would need a good 400W power supply atleast. I think your PSU is the culprit here. most likely the power-saving mode is caused by that too. So check your card on another PC and see if it works. If cards fine then change your PSU asap!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
problem most likely is with the GPU. & as stated by guru_urug, its cause of the low quality PSU. GPU didn't receive enough power.