Graphics Cards related queries here.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Why not wait a little for MSI GTX460 HAWK! Its highly factory OCed, cooler & better. The tweaking options seem great. 16k will be more than sufficient for it from the price of the other versions of the card (lets hope so!)
But a good PSU is a must as mukherjee suggested.
If 16k is all your budget, better go for Cyclone (13.5k) & pick the 2.5k PSU. Though Corsair VX450 is highly recommended.

Cilus

laborare est orare

If you are willing to pay 16k, obviously GTX 460 1 GB is a good option, but not the best option. ATI HD 5850 is available on this price and it is better performer than GTX 460. The only disadvantage is it doesn't have PhysicX, but only if you think it is a disadvantage.

Get the Biostar one, available at 15.2k

tkin

Back to school!!

singularity is a good game to play
TMD will make u stick to it
Yeah but the tmd has very limited application, I actually want to age stuff like doors, and age the ceiling above to kill enemies and stuff.

Piyush

Lanaya

Yeah but the tmd has very limited application, I actually want to age stuff like doors, and age the ceiling above to kill enemies and stuff.

my main idea was to turn those armyman into those freaky zombie type creatures-revert

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

ya it may be a trusted dealer but when i went there to get a new cabinet (HAF-922) he told me the cost as 6.8k...where as i bought it from another shop for 6.2k
dats ok...u had 2 bargain with them...then it will reduce.....u can say dat x model i m getting X rs cheaper in other shop....then they will surely reduce the price....

my LCD has max resolution of 1920X1080...so if i use this adapter and play games...will it be of any use to me....?
HD5770 can play games @1080p but at lower settings......

also i hv a corsair vx550...so will it be sufficient for crossfire....or i hv to upgrade the psu?
does ur mobo supports crossfire.....
if u crossfire then u r proccy will bcome a overhead....u have 2 upgrade the proccy also...

suppsoe if i hv to add another r5770 1gb...will it be sufficient...also can we add one card of ati and another of nvidia....will they run smoothly?
nope u cant use nvidia & ATI in cross-fire......
to achieve dat u have 2 go for Lucid-Hydra setup....& trust me dat will blow a Biiiiig hole
in ur pocket.....

sharma_atul85

Journeyman

Hey guys plz suggest me a good graphics card to play sports games like cricket, football 2010 NFS (at high res.) and some high end games (at low res.)
max budget is 3000/-
My PC config is
--> Dual core 2.2GHz
--> 2 GB RAM 800MHz
--> ASUS P5KPL-CM mobo
--> 500 GB barracuda 7200.11 HDD

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hey guys can u pls tell me which is a better card than HD5770 in the same price range?

hsnayvid

Journeyman

Hey all..

M looking for a graphic Card in the budget of 3K-4K INR.
All I want is to play HD videos without any jitter.
Will Club it on ASUS P5k-VM (G33) Motherboard.

Please suggest. I'll be buying it tomorrow from nehru place(delhi).

Cilus

laborare est orare

Hey guys can u pls tell me which is a better card than HD5770 in the same price range?

At this price range, really there is a single alternative, Nvidia GTX 460 768 MB. Go for Palit GTX460 768MB GDDR5 @ 10.9k. Although it it little higher (almost 1k) than the HD 5770, but definitely a better card.

Hey all..

M looking for a graphic Card in the budget of 3K-4K INR.
All I want is to play HD videos without any jitter.
Will Club it on ASUS P5k-VM (G33) Motherboard.

Please suggest. I'll be buying it tomorrow from nehru place(delhi).

hsnayvid, go for Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3 Artic Accelero @ 3.9k. This will play the highest resolution and complex HD video stream without any problem, and will provide you a very decent gaming performance. almost all the current games will be playable at middle/lower settings.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hey guys plz suggest me a good graphics card to play sports games like cricket, football 2010 NFS (at high res.) and some high end games (at low res.)
max budget is 3000/-
My PC config is
--> Dual core 2.2GHz
--> 2 GB RAM 800MHz
--> ASUS P5KPL-CM mobo
--> 500 GB barracuda 7200.11 HDD

increase your budget by 1k and get the gfx card suggested on the upper post ie Sapphire HD 4670 512MB GDDR3.

otherwise you may have to settle for a 9500GT 512MB GDDR3 from palit at 3.2k/ Sparkle or Palit 9500GT 512MB GDDR2 @ 2.8k or Sapphire or powercolor HD 4650 512MB GDDR2 @ 3k.

At this price range, really there is a single alternative, Nvidia GTX 460 768 MB. Go for Palit GTX460 768MB GDDR5 @ 10.9k. Although it it little higher (almost 1k) than the HD 5770, but definitely a better card.

A GTX 460 may be the best alternative but Palit GTX 460 cards are notorious for heat.

Better get Zotac GTX 460 768MB which heats up a little bit less and also comes with 5 years of warranty and the price is also same.

tkin

Back to school!!

GTX460 768mb is a good card, Stay away from palit, buy Zotac or Point Of View, Point of view is using the reference cooler which is nice, zotac uses a custom cooler with blower fan that is a bit louder than most cards but in Indian climates with a fan running full speed above your head I doubt you'll notice the sound much.

STAY AWAY FROM PALIT, some of their cards overheat like hell, better to steer clear of palit completely.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if a TX650 can support 2*HD4890, won't the VX550W support 2*HD5770. HD5770 Xfire will eat much less power than 2*HD4890. total cower consumption of 2*HD5770 (stock speed) will be 200-220W (load). i know TX is better than the VX series, still considering your PC running without any hiccup for so long. just a thought.

rajan1311

Padawan

just get a single HD 6000 series card, not very far away anyways, i suggest you start selling off your old cards....launch date is Oct 12, should be in stores by 25th oct... :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
He would probably peak at 400W on load. If we throw in more add ons and OC (cause he CPU is low) his usage might go up. If the system hardware is locked down then I guess 550W should suffice, else I would use more.

Why you comparing it to HD4890 Xfire..?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

just get a single HD 6000 series card, not very far away anyways, i suggest you start selling off your old cards....launch date is Oct 12, should be in stores by 25th oct... :)

will be announced. who knows which cards will be released when. if it ends up that HD6770 released now & HD6870 released after 6months, it'll be problem.

^^
He would probably peak at 400W on load. If we throw in more add ons and OC (cause he CPU is low) his usage might go up. If the system hardware is locked down then I guess 550W should suffice, else I would use more.

Why you comparing it to HD4890 Xfire..?

with some OC and a few here & there upgrades, shouldn't go over 450W.

you mentioned earlier, VX550W mayn't be able power 2*HD5770. so as HD4890 is more power hungry and 2 cards running a TX650, so giving a general idea that a VX550W will be cheapest way to power a HD57*0 Xfire config.

rajan1311

Padawan

ill give u some info.

GTX 470 runs fine on a 550VX(member @ TDF uses it).
GTX 470 consumes 10W less than a pair of HD 5850s in Cfire (review at AT)
=5770 cfire should run fine also. Will only know if some member tries it :p

Top Bottom