Graphics Cards related queries here.

Anx02

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Which will be the best 'nvidia' card within 13k (max budget...would be glad if I have to spend less)? My guess would be a GTX460...but which brand can/should I get?

Edit: My PSU is VX550

rajan1311

Padawan

i would say keep your $$ in your pocket and wait for another month,...till november for the launch of the HD 6000 series.

Anx02

Broken In

i would say keep your $$ in your pocket and wait for another month,...till november for the launch of the HD 6000 series.

Well...my present GFX card (8800 GTX) has died one month after it was RMAd. I already compromised on 4 months of gaming because of the bloody akshay enterprise...so I can't really wait for some future GFX cards to hit the market (and am not really an ATI fanboy). Considering the present nvidia cards in the market...which can be the right one within my budget (13k)?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Get GTX 460 - You have to choices :

1. MSI GTX 460 1 GB cyclone around 13.5k
or
2. Zotac GTX 460 1GB around 12.5k

rajan1311

Padawan

the cyclone is also a good card....but then since you have waited for 4 months, might as well wait for another 30 days...there was a price cut on the 460 in the US, maybe it will take effect here too..

hsnayvid

Journeyman

hsnayvid, go for Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3 Artic Accelero @ 3.9k. This will play the highest resolution and complex HD video stream without any problem, and will provide you a very decent gaming performance. almost all the current games will be playable at middle/lower settings.

thanks for the advice Cilius... cudn't get the 4670 though.. People here dont stock much of older models. I got XFX HD5450 @ 3600 INR. Will install it tonight!

kartik gandham

Right off the assembly line

i want to know that can we put a good graphic gard which can run present at mediocre resolutions like 800*600 or 1024 * 1048 in AMD Sepmron pc with around 1 gb ram?? please help!

Anx02

Broken In

Thanks for your opinions everybody. Are the 768 MB versions of these cards (GTX 460s) any good (considering their prices)?

And can anyone from Kolkata suggest me any particulars shop(s) where I should look into?

tkin

Back to school!!

Thanks for your opinions everybody. Are the 768 MB versions of these cards (GTX 460s) any good (considering their prices)?

And can anyone from Kolkata suggest me any particulars shop(s) where I should look into?
Vedant infosys, md computers(though they are trying to be too smart with people sometimes, specially for new customers), velocity, technocrat.

PS: Stay away from palit cards as they might overheat, look for msi.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

:p To all GTX460 freaks out here... I saw one spanky new MSI Cyclone 1GB OC'd version at Vedant today... Finally the Kolkattans have something to cheer!

@Anx02
You might consider Balaji Computers (previously Computer World, I heard they recently omitted this name) & Arihant as options if you are looking for easy to available parts or laptops, might land you a good deal... done quite a great shopping from the former previously (even bought my only piece available lappy from them)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ That's great - have you checked the price ??

@ Anx02 - if you can spend get the 1Gb GTX 460 but 768MB GTX 460 is very good as well for it's price.

@ kartik gandham - what kind of slot your mobo has - AGP or PCI-E ??

@ hsnayvid - congrats for your new card :p

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

No, I got too involved with my MoBo issue to get a price check..
:)
I hope Anx02 could get us a price today

EsBeeEs

I am planning to buy a laptop that I would mainly be using for the following:
1. Browsing
2. Programming
3. Watching movies
4. Photoshopping (Adobe CS5 preferably)
5. Will use some simple animation/illustration softwares (not frequently)
Which of the following specifications would u suggest?
1. Compaq Presario CQ62-111TX
Intel Core i3 330M
3 GB RAM DDR3
320 GB HDD (7400 rpm)
512 ATI graphics card
Windows 7 premium 32 bit
Price: Rs. 38,000/-
2. Dell Inspiron 15R
Intel core i3 370M
4GB RAM
500 GB HDD (5400 rpm)
Intel HD Graphics (Any idea how much the video memory is, in this case?)
Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
Price: Rs. 41,000/-
3. Dell Inspiron 15R (Not sure if this specification is still around)
Intel core i3 3570M
4GB RAM
320 GB HDD (5400 rpm)
512 ATI graphics card
Windows 7 premium 64 bit
Price: Rs. 40,000/- (Dell has removed this configuration from their web site this week. Not sure if it is available anymore)
I am unsure whether I would really require the dedicated graphics card. If it is not necessary then I can opt for a higher Memory/HDD configuration.
Also, which brand would give me a better value for money?

Some other queries:How good is an ATI Radeon HD 5430 Graphics with 512mb vram?
Will this support Adobe Photoshop CS5 and other simple animation softwares?

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

^^ That's great - have you checked the price ??

@ Anx02 - if you can spend get the 1Gb GTX 460 but 768MB GTX 460 is very good as well for it's price.

Well, even i agree on this... best VFM card... but one question here, will the users face any issues in playing games at hi-res. as it has less amount of memory?

I waited for many months ( almost 4)hoping that price of 5770 hawk will reduce...but now, this gtx460 is introduced...and then... the news of HD6000 .. lol.. dont know which card will i end up buying ...

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya

it depends upon the resolution u r playing at
upto 1600 x *** - no problem
at 1920 x 1080 - playable frame rates with some graphics adjustment

cau8ery

Guys , some help please.
Need a Intel i3/Core2Duo cpu + mobo (GA-P55M-USB3 or G41M-COMBO) + GPU (HD4670 or 5570 or GT240) for around 13-15K.
Problems include:
1. Power supply limited to 400W.
2. Should be able to run Civ V/Diablo III/Shogun II TW
3. Preferably current games at medium.

Any suggestions on a build config?
Any ideas on how many SATA drives I can connect (have a 320Gb + planned 1 TB + old 500 GB PATA). Will the power supply be enough?

Anx02

Broken In

No, I got too involved with my MoBo issue to get a price check..
:)
I hope Anx02 could get us a price today

Guys, the sellers @chandni have become butchers (at least to new faces).:sad: Although I was a bit late to go there today, still, the shops I visited gave kinda the same answers. Vedant shocked me the most. I saw that cyclone on the shelf as well, but they asked for 14.5k+VAT. :muttering: What else is available? Oh right, the palit one @13.5k+VAT. The rest of the shops I entered (Technocrat, Starcomp, Eastern Logica, MD computers) told me that they don't have anything except Palit (and that too around the same price as Vedant...or even higher). MD comp said that they have Palit and Zotac @13.2k+VAT and they're taking pre-orders for the MSI Cyclone @14.1k+VAT, and it'll take 2 days to get it. I mean, what the hell?? I thought I'd get the the Cyclone at the price of Palit. God knows what I'm gonna do.

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies

@Anx02
don't forget, the card at Vedant in the OC'd one... it's bound to be pricey..
Better wait some days, there should be more shops selling them and would end the monopoly

@quad_core
don't wait so long for something in hardware market... the development is never going to stop & the companies will go on adding new products to their pipeline...
buy something with 2~3yrs headroom in futureproofing and it will be a worthy buy

Top Bottom