Graphics Cards related queries here.

Krow

Crowman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ abhidev Wait for some time. The prices of cards will fall soon. For a cheap and good smps, try the Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k or the Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k. The rest of the money you can invest in your graphic card, for which I advise you wait as within 15-20 days ATI 58xx series will launch in US and we shall see them in India pretty soon. Then cards will be cheaper. :) If you are in a hurry, the best card you can get for upto 7k is GTS250 512MB GDDR3 @ 7k.

abhidev

Human Spambot

@ abhidev Wait for some time. The prices of cards will fall soon. For a cheap and good smps, try the Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k or the Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k. The rest of the money you can invest in your graphic card, for which I advise you wait as within 15-20 days ATI 58xx series will launch in US and we shall see them in India pretty soon. Then cards will be cheaper. :) If you are in a hurry, the best card you can get for upto 7k is GTS250 512MB GDDR3 @ 7k.
but are all these cards compatible with my motherboard and will they work on my current smps...or else i hv to buy a new smps also? also will they be able to run games like prototype,batman,uncharted 2..etc???

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

but are all these cards compatible with my motherboard and will they work on my current smps...or else i hv to buy a new smps also? also will they be able to run games like prototype,batman,uncharted 2..etc???

GTS250 can kick prototype more than 50 FPS

sree01

Broken In

Guys,
what are the gaming capabilities of this configuration?

Athlon II X2 240
Biostar TA785GE (onboard ATI Radeon HD 4200)
2GB RAM

Thanks

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

@ sree01 Can play Crysis @ medium settings with ease. Not too good if you looking for video encoding, but better than Intel E5300.

abhidev

Human Spambot

I just searched on the internet and found some video cards...pls suggest which among the below is the best buy and are compatible with my motherboard Asus P5GC-MX
1.PNY GeForce GTS 250- 512mb
2.EVGA GeForce GTS 250
3.BFG GeForce GTS 250- 512mb
4.Sparkle GeForce GTS 250- 1gb
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I just searched on the internet and found some video cards...pls suggest which among the below is the best buy and are compatible with my motherboard Asus P5GC-MX
1.PNY GeForce GTS 250- 512mb
2.EVGA GeForce GTS 250
3.BFG GeForce GTS 250- 512mb
4.Sparkle GeForce GTS 250- 1gb

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@abhidev, PNY, BFG are not available in India and I don't think it's easy to get Sparkle. EVGA is a permium brand and if you can their GTS250 inside 7.5k, go for it else look for Palit

DarkDante

Journeyman

Hey guys..my connection was down for a few weeks,couldnt do anythn,can anyone get me up to speed?

yours truly,
ApoCalypse 123478

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

dude. Palit GTS250 512MB and Palit GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 are identical. what was the other card that you wanted to compare?

abhidev

Human Spambot

dude. Palit GTS250 512MB and Palit GTS 250 512MB GDDR3 are identical. what was the other card that you wanted to compare?
Sorry for the inconvenience..here is my query again....Is Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3 better than Palit GTS 250 512MB GDDR3? I guess their cost is almost same...and also pls explain abt the smps u guys were talkin abt.

Krow

Crowman

DDR3 and GDDR3 ??? I think GFX cards have only GDDR3 not DDR3.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@abhidev, ah okay. got your point. go for GDDR3 one.

@Techalomaniac, DDR3 can still be used for GPU but I don't think anyone's using DDR3 for GPU anymore.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

GFX card manufacturer's who use DDR2 on low end gfx cards should use DDR3 instead :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Here you go..some final images..of how the 5XXX series will look.

1. The 5870 is quite long.
2. The DVI/VGA connectors are placed above each others not side-by-side.
3. The heat release fins look a bit too small.

They look nice...

*img9.imageshack.us/img9/7215/atrhd587034mdcopy.jpg

*img170.imageshack.us/img170/1677/10am.jpg

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/8470/10bi.jpg

Benchmarks should be out soon.

Top Bottom