Graphics Cards related queries here.

Mike84

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hmm thanks for the advice man. I would go got CM cabinet, but i think the corsair PSU would better suite me as thats the cheapest with a dedicated 8pin pcie connector. Any idea if a 6 pin pcie can do the job for the 8pin power socket on palit sonic HD4850 properly?

Well u misunderstood me. I wanted a crossfire mobo so that i could get another sonic 4850 later so that i can get GTX280+(more than GTX 280 :D) performance. I am getting P45 crossfire chipset man, why would i be wasting money over a GTX 280 when i can get similar performance with a pair of sonic 4850's :D And yes, when i do go for crossfire, i would upgrade the psu too. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

For crossfire, you can get MSI P45 Neo2.

I think you can fit Corsair PSU in CM cabinet.

You won't get a 100% increase in performance if you add a second HD4850. If you want more over a long period of time, get HD4870.

Mike84

Broken In

I know i won't get a 100% performance gain. I saw somewhere that one would be getting around 60-70% gain on average on a 8X-8X crossfire config. and a 85-90% on average performance gain on a 16X-16X config. I dont think GTX 280 would be able to beat even the former crossfire(P45 config) in many games. I would love to get the palit sonic 4870, but am tight on budget man. If i get that, i need to sacrifice on the cabby and psu.
BTW... you said that u had problems with zebronics PSU. What if i put corsair PSU in a Zebronics cabby? Sorry, I seriously am a little dumb on the cabinet info part, as i dont quite know the difference between the coolermaster one and any other one with same number of fans. Is it the hardness of body? design? material? ??? :confused: How can one be just 1000 and another be 3000?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

the max that you will save by putting corsair PSU in zeb cabinet is 500 bucks.

The main advantage with Cooler Master Elite 330 is Tool-Free mechanical design for quick assembly and maintenance. I do have headache with zebronic's slot openings for PCI cards. Not so good and HDD bay is not good too. really bad screw layout. It will be lot better for Cooler Master.

On top of that the body is rugged and good on looks, you get 120mm fans in the front and rear

*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=30

Click on gallery and you will find the layout of the cabinet.

for GPU, go for HD4850 for now. If needed you can get a second card.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^ I have Zebronics Geforce cabinet with 400W PSU and I changed the PSU thrice in 2years.

The connectors fail a lot. Get CoolerMaster cabinet and SMPS.

RAM: Go for Kingston atleast. RAM is not just about speed and price. A good RAM will have lower access times and tighter timings, stability on overclock, longer life. I would suggest Kingston for value and OCZ/Corsair for performance.

P45Neo-F is not a crossfire mobo. It has terrific VFM.

you want to buy GTX280 in the future?? Get other components that can support it. having such a powerful card combined with value hardware does not make any sense at all. Believe me, you will be looking at better hardware to get more out of GTX280 if you get cheap hardware now.

What is the model number of your laptop?

And on top of that, GTX280 is nvr gonna get too much cheaper

It's already 28k, from 44k!!!!

Mike84

Broken In

Thanks for the info. Check out the bijli cabby from this page
*www.zebronics.net/gamingcabin.asp
Looks wise frankly i am attracted towards the 120 mm blue led fan in front, and its meshed like the Elite 330. bijli has 2 side fans and none at the back while the CM cabby has another 120mm fan at the back but no side fans.
But if you say it has those internal problems, i agree, the 500-600 price premium is more than justified for the CM cabby. I would certainly go for the CM one.

Yeah i would go for the palit sonic 4850. pretty much the best VFM variation of the card. any idea if i need the corsair 520W psu for the 8 pin pcie requirement? or is there any other alternative that i take through a CM route in same or lower price? btw whats the price anyways? :D

Well that decides my full system more or less. Just my most baci question left. Is the time of mid Nov OK for buying a system or should i wait for the market to calm down? Dec will see Denebs and Nehalms with X58s but the coreespnding price drop of other items would reach india well into next yr may be end jan or feb. I certainly cant wait that long. What you think?

Ei8t

Journeyman

hi guys.. i purchased a hd4850 sunday but the driver i got in the cd was 8.512.00 and i want to update it. now can u tell me is it ok if i install the 8.10 drivers directly or shud i install the next 8.6 and subsequent drivers and proceed to 8.10??:confused: thanks..

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Dude 8.11 Beta is out, Fcuk 8.10! Moreover these 8.11 is said to improve FPS by 10% in games like Farcry2, Clear Sky and also fixes the screen blacking out problem in BiA-HH's Black Friday level.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. I do prefer CM cabinet.

Palit HD4850 Power Supply Unit Requirement:
450 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI-Express® power connectors recommended (550 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX® technology in dual mode)

CM 600W SMPS RP-600-PCAP comes with two PCI-E 6 Pin connectors.

Corsair 520W SMPS HX520W comes with PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors.

But for HD4850 Sonic, 500 Watt or greater power supply with 150W 8-pin PCI-Express® power connectors recommended

This means that if you want to buy Sonic edition, you need Corsair PSU.

Sonic edition is factory overclocked edition with a bigger and better cooler.

Palit says:

Radeon™ HD 4850 Sonic comes with Palit's innovative cooling system with two-ball bearing PWM fan, heat-pipes, and superior copper base to ensure high performance, trustworthy thermal effect. The 3-Phase PWM power circuit on Palit HD 4850 Sonic provides a more sufficient and stable energy distribution system and this power circuit further combines the 8-pin power connector whichis able tosupports up to 150W sufficient power therefore allows a ultimate overclocking potential with stability.

Corsair PSU's are little bit costly when compared to CM. 520W should cost around 5k.

You can also chec Antec EA650 650W which costs less than 5k. has One (6+2) PCI-E connector

Make sure that if you get a PSU with top fan, you get cabinet that goes with it.

hi guys.. i purchased a hd4850 sunday but the driver i got in the cd was 8.512.00 and i want to update it. now can u tell me is it ok if i install the 8.10 drivers directly or shud i install the next 8.6 and subsequent drivers and proceed to 8.10??:confused: thanks..

Go ahead and install 8.10

Last edited:

Ei8t

Journeyman

:)thanks for ur quick reply desibond... i m downloading the display drivers.. is it necessary to download the catalyst control center fot this driver?? thanks..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. better download catalyst control center too as it is necessary to tweak and change settings of your GPU.

Ei8t

Journeyman

hey sorry buddy i forgot to ask one thing shud i install the new driver directly or shud i uninstall the old one?? thanks..

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

I am going to say someyhing.....that a guy who bought a graphics card with cost 20k or above..is it make a future proof? becoz now-a-days after 2 or less than 2 year every high end card also became worthless...then what...he have to buy a new one..then what abt the previous one which he bought abt 20k...he have to sell it..& will get very less money...so If A card can't play upto 3 or more years,then what is def of future-proof..

exm=now a 6800xt card can't play crysis just in high mode...but it was a high-end card just before 2 years(as my friend has a 6800xt card)...........

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. a GPU cannot last for two year unless the card is like GTX280 or HD4870x2.

That is why a gaming console is receommended for those who doesn't want to change gaming h/w for years. life of a gaming console is around 5 years.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

But cards can stick around if know how to properly use 'em. Look at 8800GT, its like a Muscle car, its old but still kickin' :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^It still plays games at max settings (except the Crysis and Warhead sh1t).... ANY game !! Even FC2 on Very High @1440x900 :D.

Top Bottom