Graphics Cards related queries here.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

So I am all set for hd 4850, (have a mobo - INTEL D945GCNL).
Which brand would be the cheapest for 4850 1gb sapphire....?????
And how much will it cost in Nehru Place coz the prices are pretty down to earth.....
Thanx

What's ur monitor resolution?

If less than 1920x1200, paying extra 2-3k for the 1GB variant will be a complete waste!

TheLetterD

Will Power

hey ppl wazz d diffrence btwyn a 9500gt n a 8600gt?which is beter from zotac.i wanna buy 1

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz

The 9500GT was meant to replace the 8500GT, although it performs better than the 8600GT. But seriously, instead of the 9500GT, you should buy a 4670 or spend some more and get a 9600GT.

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

yah.....guys yesterday I bought Palit HD4670...its performance really really very good.........but I have a complain abt it.....its comes with just the card & the driver-cd just...not dvi-vga converter,no cable...though its have a HDMI o/p but dont have a HDMI cable........

tkin

Back to school!!

XFX generally provides the best bundle.
EVGA also provides a lot, in my case EVGA gave 2 DVI-VGA adapter, 2 Molex-PCIe connector, Driver CD containing latest Drivers(non-WHQL) and EVGA "Precision" Overclocking tool, it also came with unregistered version of FRAPS.
Not to mention TV out ports, it didn't came with a HDMI adaptor though, in US they provide only 1 DVI-VGA adaptor and 1 HDMI adapter.

XFX provides a cool "Do Not Disturb" sign though, wish I had one.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^I have one :D. Its kool !!

I says "I am gaming, do not disturb". lol!

@beta testing
Yus, XFX does provide a good bundle but it dosent make ATI cards :|. And BTW, ASUS provides best bundles IMO. All cards come with connectors, driver CDs, a cool CD case and a mouse pad. High-end cards are bundled with games too!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I m thinking of buying a new mobo,proccy,cabinet,RAM(coz u know frm my siggy :cry:)

so, tell me hows the AMD Phemon X4 + Gigabyte 780G mobo + 3GB Transcend RAM
will it be ok for me as normal gamer...:cool:

also..will the HD4XXX series Gcards r compatible with it 4 hybrid crossfire...:confused:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

In ATI the Sapphire,Gecube and Powercolour these brand provide full bundles of stuff bcoz i purchased all product of these company but the u purchased palit brand or go for sonic version 1 critical thing is missing in package cross fire bridge

girish_b

Journeyman

I'm facing a dilemma - between Palit Hd 4850 and Palit Hd 4870 Sonic. I was all set to take the 4850 card, but - When I read Digit this month, the Palit 4870 is stuck in my mind as well.

Palit hd 4870 will look cool in my transparent sidepanel cabinet, but at the same time, the 4850 dosen't look that much of a beauty (even though it's pretty much neck to neck with the 4870 in case of performance)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I'm facing a dilemma - between Palit Hd 4850 and Palit Hd 4870 Sonic. I was all set to take the 4850 card, but - When I read Digit this month, the Palit 4870 is stuck in my mind as well.

Palit hd 4870 will look cool in my transparent sidepanel cabinet, but at the same time, the 4850 dosen't look that much of a beauty (even though it's pretty much neck to neck with the 4870 in case of performance)

Neck to neck in performance ? Are you nuts ? HD4870 is around 40-50% faster than HD4850 in any game. Go read some reputed sites' reviews. And if you have the cash, go for Palit HD4870 SONIC eyes closed. Best high end VFM card right now.

girish_b

Journeyman

Neck to neck in performance ? Are you nuts ? HD4870 is around 40-50% faster than HD4850 in any game. Go read some reputed sites' reviews. And if you have the cash, go for Palit HD4870 SONIC eyes closed. Best high end VFM card right now.

Based on the tests, the average fps ratings were quite similar.. (From Digit's test in this month's Diwali edition)
I think the vendor has already ordered the 4850, If not I will definitely go for the 4870..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

ok fine

I m thinking of buying a new mobo,proccy,cabinet,RAM(coz u know frm my siggy :cry:)

so, tell me hows the AMD Phemon X4 + Gigabyte 780G mobo + 3GB Transcend RAM
will it be ok for me as normal gamer...:cool:

also..will the HD4XXX series Gcards r compatible with it 4 hybrid crossfire...:confused:

How about E7200+XFX 630i+2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM+Palit HD4670 ? Will be better than the above and humanly priced too!

E7200 --> 5.4k
XFX 630i --> 3.4k
2GB RAM --> 1.8k
Palit HD4670 --> 5.6k

Will give u amazing gaming (considering a budget rig).

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^If he's going to game <1680x1050 res. than 1GB of frame buffer is useless IMO.... but I can be wrong :|.

Top Bottom