Graphics Cards related queries here.

tanvir

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey guys
i visited the *www.drivershq.com/Drivers/VistaDev...400M-8600M-GS-Video-Driver/15109/Drivers.aspx
and there i was asked to download driver detective....when i had installed that software it asked me for registration and the product key....is it a freeware or i need to pay them something.....

by the way my laptop's config.....is
hp dv6516tx 1.5 core2duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB hard disk, NVIDIA 8400M GS 128 MB dedicated......

Last edited:

rahuljin

Broken In

hey, i get the money now, 12k(+1 max). so now i want to buy palit 4850 -----

512mb, sonic, 1gb. which one and please also tell the price ?? (will buy it from nehru place, delhi)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hey, i get the money now, 12k(+1 max). so now i want to buy palit 4850 -----

512mb, sonic, 1gb. which one and please also tell the price ?? (will buy it from nehru place, delhi)

Palit HD4850 SONIC 512MB for 9.7k 8)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

But if he's going to game <1440x900 then it will be useless so better off saving money and buying something else. If he's going above 1440x900 then definitely 1GB.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

True. in that case, you better stick to the cheapest Palit/sapphire 4850 you can get and save 3k :)

tkin

Back to school!!

But if he's going to game <1440x900 then it will be useless so better off saving money and buying something else. If he's going above 1440x900 then definitely 1GB.
That's why I said "Hi-Resolution" in my post, and also mentioned AA, try running Crysis/Warhead @ 1440x900, with all settings @ Max/Enthusiast and 8x AA.;);)

rahuljin

Broken In

so i think i will go with 1gb card because i am soon going to upgrade my pc (in 2-3 months) and will buy atleast dell 22" lcd.
tomorrow i will call SMC International in nehru place if they have card or not.

thanks guys

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

can any1 tell me the fps of 4670 @ 1440*900 in far cry2 nd warhead

probably between 53 and 43fps for farcry 2 (also depends on sys config :D )

*www.guru3d.com/article/far-cry-2-pc-vga-graphics-performance-review/5

also see *www.guru3d.com/category/vga_charts/ Crysis is there but not Crysis Warhead

_

@ rahuljin ... hey listen ... tomorrw is sunday ...nehruplace will be closed ... so u have to go on monday .... and how r u planning to go there ...coz may be i also have to go to nehruplace on monday .... together may be we can get some discount ... i have to buy a Home RIG ..20k sumthing ...

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

Haven't played Far Cry 2 but from the reviews I can say it should run well.

Warhead should give you some REAL trouble, just finished playing it twice. Try running everything at Medium or some settings @ gamer and some @ medium with AA off.

And I remind you that Warhead has some real issues with ATI cards, seems they do horrible in this game. The game itself is buggy, in some parts of the Ice levels there was slow down with my config even @ 1024x768, which was caused by memory leaks, if you see any sudden excessive slow downs just save and restart the game to get rid of memory leaks.

You need to keep tweaking the settings to get good FPS, and expect about 20-40% less FPS in ICE levels than in jungle levels.

But I played crysis-warhead & farcry 2 smoothly on my Palit-HD4670...on 1024*768 with all settings HIGH....not very or ultra high........

tkin

Back to school!!

so i think i will go with 1gb card because i am soon going to upgrade my pc (in 2-3 months) and will buy atleast dell 22" lcd.
tomorrow i will call SMC International in nehru place if they have card or not.

thanks guys
Definitly 1GB then.

But I played crysis-warhead & farcry 2 smoothly on my Palit-HD4670...on 1024*768 with all settings HIGH....not very or ultra high........
I played Warhead @ 1024x768 with my old CRT;

All settings @ Enthusiast

AA @ 16XQ

Last edited:

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

Why not friend ?........u have 9800gtx...it's obviously better than HD4670..........

rahuljin

Broken In

my config is this -----

p4 3ghz
intel 925v2 mobo
xfx 6800gt 256mb
2 gb ddr2 533mhz ram
dvd writer
750gb HDD
Glacial Star GS-500A PSU

is any good for me to go for the card ?? beacuse i am not going to upgrade atleast 2-3 months.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ ur existing card was a great one during its time.. its roughly equivalent to 8600GT. . the best upgrade you could get is a radeon 4850 or 4670 . ur proccy is not fast enough to use the new g-card. .better to upgrade everything after 3 months.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

my config is this -----

p4 3ghz
intel 925v2 mobo
xfx 6800gt 256mb
2 gb ddr2 533mhz ram
dvd writer
750gb HDD
Glacial Star GS-500A PSU

is any good for me to go for the card ?? beacuse i am not going to upgrade atleast 2-3 months.

Best is to upgrade after 3-4 months fullto...save up till then.

Top Bottom