Graphics Cards related queries here.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

and the main drawback 0f 4850 being high temps will not be a big concern as guru3d found its some bug with fan speed, and will be soon fixed with a bios update.
so one less (-) for 4850

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

:lol:
Thats true..
And you got some things wrong i think..
The 4850 >>>>> 8800GTX

i know that man.. i was just pointing out to people its much much better than 8800gt...which everyone seems to want to buy.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

What is the maximum temp any card can handle?

if 4850 consumes more power the it needs a high watt SMPS ? how much 500Watt will
suffice ? :D

Any any steps we can take to keep this card cool to make it last longer ? :rolleyes:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^if u r referring max temp to the threshold temp. its different for each card, example 8600GT has a threshold of 110C beyond which it slows down ..

usually 90C is the max that is considered OK. . anything beyond 80C causes slight uneasiness and we try to increase fan speed or reduce OC. ofcourse , there are exceptions

500watt i expect is enough. if its a cooler master model , assuming 70% efficiancy , we get 350watt .

*www.legitreviews.com/article/731/17/

this says radeon 4850 used 235 watt at peak .. so we're quite safe ..

toms say *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4850,1957-20.html

250watt peak , so again we're safe with a CM 500W psu even if offers 60% efficiancy ( we get 300watt ) ..

as far as the temps are considered , do a bit of googling dude.

*forums.legitreviews.com/about16404.html . here's one solution.

ssk_the_gr8

What is the maximum temp any card can handle?

ATi .. cards.. can bear a max temp of 100C. ..
if u want to a cool card.. :D .. u could go for a non-refrence cooler..
buy a card.. which has a zalaman.. or some non-refrence cooler..
like Powercolor PCS,Sapphire Toxic, MSI Diamond editon

nvidia

-----ATi-----

I have Intel D946GZIS Model Mother Board
My Processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (Dual Core)
Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / 2 Cores / 2 Logical Processors / 64 bits
Has a PCI X16 Slot ...

What Series cards can be Supported in my PC ? and I have a budget of aroung 8000 RS so will i get ant worth card of 8 Series ?

P.S : I need some lil Power gaming atleast :)
All PCI-e cards are supports your config.
I'd suggest you to buy the 4850. Although its priced at around 11.5k, its better than the 8800GTX.
If you can't increase your budget, then wait for a price drop..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^ dude , read a few of the previous posts. .get the radeon 4850 and forget the 8800GT. . man , i'm getting sick of telling this many times. .maybe , we shud have a sticky for while which has the title that says "buy radeon 4850 . dont get 8800GT "

1. no compatibility issues.
2. dual slot means the cooler + card will take up 2 slots . not electrically but physically.
3. get radeon 4850 and a thermalright cooler if u need it. ( or zalman cooler from singapore )
4. if u're getting from singapore , make sure u can obtain warranty. ok , now i read this , in singapore 8800GT will be much cheaper .. so if ur budget is enough , get radeon 4850. .if budget limits u , get the 8800GT. . in india , there's not a huge price difference . overall , i recommend buying in india itself . warranty is much easier to procure. and the extra penny u pay for radeon 4850 even if bought in singapore is worth it.

Dude are u paid to bash NVIDIA ?? It seems so ...... i dnt hav any problem with buying the ATi HD 4850 but ur bashing NVIDIA like ur paid to do it !!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^
Dude we are here to guide people. He is just making sure that people get the best for what they pay.
See some old posts in this thread and you'll find sagargv asking people to buy nvidia cards. Its about whats best, not anything else.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@kpower mania , i am not bashing nvidia ( although i agree the intial price of gtx260 and 280 says that nvidia deserves bashing ).

between 8800GT and hd4850 which are closely priced , i'm merely pointing out that hd4850 is a better buy than 8800GT .. .agreed , i'm bashing the 8800GT for that price. . not nvidia.

it makes sense to buy 8800GT if its priced at 7-8k now considering the performance of hd4850.

if indeed nvidia was paying me for bashing , would i stick with the pathetic 8600GT ? if nvidia pays me to buy ( or offers freely ) i will definitely take a 8800GT.

@nvidia , thank you for ur support. i'm just offering my opinion to fellow digitians after reading reviews.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can anybody tell does hd4850 has any kind of inbuilt physics processing unit (ppu).

Davidboon

In the zone
best graphics card under rs 14000

which is the best graphic card that is now availaible in india.
well how about the ati radeon hd 4850.please help me i need aquick descision. to be precise im in bhubaneswar and where can i get that card. i can spend a max of rs 14000.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^For about 12k you can get the 4850.
Awesome VFM and beats every other card in that range.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ yup . thats the one.

@topgear , neither nvidia nor ati are making ppu's . nvidia is offering physics processing through the gpu. even amd's gpu's can do the same thing. . actually , there are drivers which do that though not official .

nvidia's drivers emulate a ppu. there was an article in toms which was telling abt the progress on physics on ati gpu's...

giri1991

Broken In

Great ... Ordered my BRO and Told abt that CARD could be getting it in 2 months :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here

Look, What I've found :

Palit Radeon HD4870 512MB Graphics Card Review

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...radeon-hd4870-512mb-graphics-card-review.html

iew.html

Read through all 22 pages coz it worth reading every page :D

I guess price should be near Rs. 20000 as gecube is selling their HD4870 for Rs. 19500 ( from theitwares )

which is the best graphic card that is now availaible in india.
well how about the ati radeon hd 4850.please help me i need aquick descision. to be precise im in bhubaneswar and where can i get that card. i can spend a max of rs 14000.

GeCube HD 4870 GC-HD487XTG5-E3 for Rs. 19500. Though it's more costly than 4850 but worths every bucks.
*www.theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

ssk_the_gr8

Dude are u paid to bash NVIDIA ?? It seems so ...... i dnt hav any problem with buying the ATi HD 4850 but ur bashing NVIDIA like ur paid to do it !!!

hey .. hes not bashing nvidia... hes sayin the truth..
check his previous posts....

& why are u haveing a problem... are u a NVIDIOT/nvidia fanboy :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

My System hangs very often and after the reboot a huge noise come and i think it comes from GFX card... What may be the problem..

Top Bottom