Graphics Cards related queries here.

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ Dude upgrade time. U cannot expect to play GRID with this configuration even if u buy a better card. U need to purchase a whole new pc.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast

anyone knows a good shop in lammy with the latest cards like 9600gso except mahavir

anyone knows a good shop in lammy with the latest cards like 9600gso except mahavir

Last edited:

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N

Hi All,

I want to go for 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog (now Rs 9700 + VAT :p) but need some advice whether my present PC will do it justice.

My speces are in the signature line.

Thanks in advance..

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^get the radeon 4850 .its way better than 8800GT .ur pc will be fine. psu is good enough.

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N

^^get the radeon 4850 .its way better than 8800GT .ur pc will be fine. psu is good enough.

HD 4850 is a very good option indeed, given its only 2K more.
But i don't think my mother-board is capable of handling 4850; in that case, 8800 is a safe bet.
Also, is nVidia nForce 430 (mobo-chipset) compatible with Ati cards??

ancientrites

In the zone

it will work No problem with that but since its nvidia chipset stick with nvidia graphic card.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

HD 4850 is a very good option indeed, given its only 2K more.
But i don't think my mother-board is capable of handling 4850; in that case, 8800 is a safe bet.

nope. .chipset and g-card matching wont improve performance on ur board. there was an article in tomshardware maybe a year back proving this fact . ati cards run fine on nvidia chipset . the radeon 4850 will be about twice as fast as 8800GT for just 2k more. .dont worry about temps . there's a way u can increase fan speed in radeon 4850 to get decent temps on stock cooler ( ofcorse u may also buy a aftermarket cooler from thermalright for 2k ).

*forums.legitreviews.com/about16404.html

and dont worry about ur cpu bottlenecking the gpu .. u have a decent cpu. even on ur pc , the radeon 4850 will be MUCH faster than 8800GT. .get the radeon 4850

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

How difference is there in performance while comparing 4850 vs 8800GT :D

I think OC 8800GT will be good instead of Ati 4850 :rolleyes:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

How difference is there in performance while comparing 4850 vs 8800GT :D

I think OC 8800GT will be good instead of Ati 4850 :rolleyes:

u must be jokin man!!!
hd 4850 is way better than even OC 8800gt

yes it is.... their is no problem in buying Ati cards

Last edited:

arjun_101

Right off the assembly line

I am planning on getting a gigabyte 8800 gt GV-NX88T514HP. My motherboard is a msi p965 neo f. Will i have any compatibility issues with the graphics card and the mobo? Secondly i read that this graphics card has a dual slot fan(cooling). What exactly does this mean ?
Suggestions are welcome on the graphics card (preferably one with good cooling ). I am getting the card from singapore ,so availability shouldnt be problem.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ dude , read a few of the previous posts. .get the radeon 4850 and forget the 8800GT. . man , i'm getting sick of telling this many times. .maybe , we shud have a sticky for while which has the title that says "buy radeon 4850 . dont get 8800GT "

1. no compatibility issues.
2. dual slot means the cooler + card will take up 2 slots . not electrically but physically.
3. get radeon 4850 and a thermalright cooler if u need it. ( or zalman cooler from singapore )
4. if u're getting from singapore , make sure u can obtain warranty. ok , now i read this , in singapore 8800GT will be much cheaper .. so if ur budget is enough , get radeon 4850. .if budget limits u , get the 8800GT. . in india , there's not a huge price difference . overall , i recommend buying in india itself . warranty is much easier to procure. and the extra penny u pay for radeon 4850 even if bought in singapore is worth it.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Hi All,
I want to go for 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog (now Rs 9700 + VAT :p) but need some advice whether my present PC will do it justice.

AFAIK ...Currently XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog costs 11.9k + VAT.
MSI one is around 10.5k .None is less than that.

se7en_sg

S E 7 E N

AFAIK ...Currently XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog costs 11.9k + VAT.
MSI one is around 10.5k .None is less than that.

Nope, latest price drops came into effect earlier this week after the "ATI Onslaught".
As far as Kolkata is concerned, the XFX 8800 GT 512MB Alpha Dog is available here for 9500-9700 + VAT.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@KaranTh85
read the anandtech and xbit labs review of 4850
xbitlabs :
ATI Radeon HD 4850: Summary

Highs:

* Excellent gaming performance
* Outperforms Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX in high resolutions
* Wide range of supported FSAA modes
* Best edge detect CFAA quality in the industry
* Excellent quality of anisotropic filtering
* Impressive potential: 800 ALU, 40 texture processors and 16 render back ends
* DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1 support
* Fully-fledged hardware HD video decoding
* High-quality HD video post-processing with scalability
* Built-in 8-channel audio controller with HD support
* Compact PCB and cooling system
* Low noise
* No compatibility issues
* Sound over HDMI
* Low price

Lows:

* Relatively high power consumption
* Cooling system works at the utmost of its potential
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/amdradeonhd4850preview_061908005229/17115.png
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-radeon-hd4800-games_12.html#sect1

[quote from anandtech]
For starters, the Radeon HD 4850 looks to be the best buy at $199, even better than NVIDIA's price-dropped GeForce 9800 GTX. What's also unbelievable is that compared to the 4850, our beloved GeForce 8800 GT seems downright slow in a number of benchmarks - and the 8800 GT is only 8 months old. It's also very refreshing to see this sort of competitive pressure at such a reasonable price point, while it's fun to write about 1.4 billion transistor GPUs it's a dream come true to be able to write about this type of performance at under $200.
*www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3338&p=7

bout the heating problem, guru3D found that the fan speed is locked at 30% even at high temps[some bug in bios] and they did some tricks[downloadable] and after increasing the fan speed to 70%, the temps wont go higher than 55c!!!!!!! otherwise it wud touch 90c at max load. Soon ATI wud release an updated bios to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

@KaranTh85
read the anandtech and xbit labs review of 4850
xbitlabs :
ATI Radeon HD 4850: Summary

Highs:

* Excellent gaming performance
* Outperforms Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX in high resolutions
* Wide range of supported FSAA modes
* Best edge detect CFAA quality in the industry
* Excellent quality of anisotropic filtering
* Impressive potential: 800 ALU, 40 texture processors and 16 render back ends
* DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1 support
* Fully-fledged hardware HD video decoding
* High-quality HD video post-processing with scalability
* Built-in 8-channel audio controller with HD support
* Compact PCB and cooling system
* Low noise
* No compatibility issues
* Sound over HDMI
* Low price

Lows:

* Relatively high power consumption
* Cooling system works at the utmost of its potential
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/amdradeonhd4850preview_061908005229/17115.png
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-radeon-hd4800-games_12.html#sect1

[quote from anandtech]
For starters, the Radeon HD 4850 looks to be the best buy at $199, even better than NVIDIA's price-dropped GeForce 9800 GTX. What's also unbelievable is that compared to the 4850, our beloved GeForce 8800 GT seems downright slow in a number of benchmarks - and the 8800 GT is only 8 months old. It's also very refreshing to see this sort of competitive pressure at such a reasonable price point, while it's fun to write about 1.4 billion transistor GPUs it's a dream come true to be able to write about this type of performance at under $200.
*www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3338&p=7

bout the heating problem, guru3D found that the fan speed is locked at 30% even at high temps[some bug in bios] and they did some tricks[downloadable] and after increasing the fan speed to 70%, the temps wont go higher than 55c!!!!!!! otherwise it wud touch 90c at max load. Soon ATI wud release an updated bios to fix the problem.

Hmmm looks Ati has done a lot of hardwork & homework also :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Do you remember Tortoise and hare race story?

nVidia relaxed a lot in the past couple of months and AMD did steady improvements to ATI's GPU lineup and the result is clear now :)

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Nice example:)
Now that they're ahead of nvidia, its no more slow and steady wins the race. ATi will have to keep up with whatever nvidia throws..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

^^ dude , read a few of the previous posts. .get the radeon 4850 and forget the 8800GT. . man , i'm getting sick of telling this many times. .maybe , we shud have a sticky for while which has the title that says "buy radeon 4850 . dont get 8800GT "

Totally agree man.. even i have got sick of explaining this to people on various forums.:x
we live in the land of NVIDIOTS

ATi HD4850 >>>>>> 8800gt

P.S.- people please read previous posts & do a little bit of searching.:!:

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----

we live in the land of NVIDIOTS
:lol:
Thats true..
And you got some things wrong i think..
The 4850 >>>>> 8800GTX
Correct me if i'm wrong but this is what i found in a review in AnandTech.
The only bad thing is that the 4850 consumes a li'l more power than the 8800GT. But that hardly matters compared to the huge performance difference..

giri1991

Broken In

I have Intel D946GZIS Model Mother Board
My Processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (Dual Core)
Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / 2 Cores / 2 Logical Processors / 64 bits
Has a PCI X16 Slot ...

What Series cards can be Supported in my PC ? and I have a budget of aroung 8000 RS so will i get ant worth card of 8 Series ?

P.S : I need some lil Power gaming atleast :)

Top Bottom