Graphics Cards related queries here.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hey GUys!!!!!! which one wil giv a better boost up?? geforce 8400M GS(256 mb) or 8400M GT(128 mb)???
Either of them wont make any significant difference. If you plan on gaming, then dont buy them. Dont get anything cheaper than the 8600GT.

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll

Geforce 9500GT launches on the 29th :p

550MHz core/800MHz GDDR3

We’ve learned that Nvidia’s new entry level card will launch on 29th of July. The official name is Geforce 9500GT and this card is about to replace the 8500GT. Performance-wise, it should be faster than 8600GT. The reference card will work at 550MHz, while the GDDR3 memory works at 800MHz.

The card comes with 256 or 512MB memory, depending on the configuration, while the Shaders are clocked to 1400MHz and the DDR2 card is possible.

As expected, the memory bus is still at a modest 128-bit but there will be many variations of the card, including DDR2, DDR3 versions, HDMI and overclocked cards. There will be 256MB, 512MB and 1024MB version of the card and this all depends on the partner.

so for the casual gamers at least there is going to be a better solution than the 8600 gt:D:cool:
just wondering whai will be the price of 9500 gt in India:confused::rolleyes:

SOURCE:*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8553&Itemid=1

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Sorry to say but only GFX cards with G92 chips are going to get benefit of the physx support in drivers if and when such drivers are released.
I remember reading somewhere that they support the G80 chips too..

scotyard

Right off the assembly line

Hi,
i wanna buy a new PC.
which gfx card is better? 8800GT or HD 4850?
is heating still a problem for HD 4850?

also i have a PC with the following config:
Intel 946GZIS
Intel Dual Core 2.66
1.5GB RAM
what GFX card should i add to this PC so that its not an overkill(its power doesn;t go to waste)?

Thank You.

@nvidia
*forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=266650
not definitive but still shows that there are dark clouds on the horizon for G80 chips :(.
@scotyard
you should definitely go with HD 4850 since it gives substantial benefit for it's price ;-).Heat problems can fixed with a xml file edit,also a separate bios fix(look it up on forums at anandtech.com don't know about here) ,new drivers have been released and it also helps to have an extra fan or two to keep a better airflow in the cabinet.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

so for the casual gamers at least there is going to be a better solution than the 8600 gt:D:cool:
just wondering whai will be the price of 9500 gt in India:confused::rolleyes:

SOURCE:*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8553&Itemid=1
i am interested to know this as well

c2tarun

N3CrO..NiNj@**

should i buy a 256mb ATI mobility radeon HD 3450 or 256 MB NVIDIA(R) GEFORCE(R) 8600M GT. i have to use them in a laptop of 3GB RAM and 2GHz core 2 duo processor.

please tell me the difference and which one is more trustworthy

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

should i buy a 256mb ATI mobility radeon HD 3450 or 256 MB NVIDIA(R) GEFORCE(R) 8600M GT. i have to use them in a laptop of 3GB RAM and 2GHz core 2 duo processor.

get ati hd 3450 .. cuz it runs cooler.. & recently nvidia has had packaging problems with 8 series of mobile gfx cards.. so better not risk buyin 8600gt

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

8600M is the chip that nvidia reported to have heating issues and they are thinking of recalling all the chipsets. So, you better go for HD3450.

visor619

i dont live, i survive

hi evry1
the nvidia site is making me go nuts.. c the problem is that according to the nvidia site, a geforce 8400M GS shud be a 256mb card, n the GT version shud b a 512mb one.. but sum hp notebooks have a 128 mb 8400m gs card n vaio has a 128mb 8400m gt... really really confused as have to select between a 256mb GS n a 128mb GT card.. plz tel:
which one is bettr?? can it be possible that these cards, ie 8400m GS n 8400m GT come in lower types aso like 128mb?? n plz dont say that these cards suck n 8600m is better.. i know that fully well but hav to choose between these 2...

no suggestions yet????

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

i d suggest not going for 8 series nvidia graphcs chip for laptops as .. they have been reported to have problems.

anilthomas26

In the zone

I have an evga 6800gs. I had once softmoded it to a quadro... nd later on had reversed the process too.

I was using it as the 6800gs itself. Yesterday i just unlocked a pixelpipeline(cannot unlock vp as it gave artifacts.. ). I think i did something else..... chose the quadro option somewher....dont exactly remember how. It asked for reboot....i dint.....

Then today when i restarted..... it was acting as if no driver were installed..... so i uninstalled the 6800gs drivers and downloaded the quadro drivers.... but when i tried, it says that no compatible device is detected.. moreover, rivatuner doesnt detect the card. Ther is no option for nvstrap nd i cant hence undo watever it was that i did.... :

This is from the diagnostic report from rivatuner :

$ffffffffff Display adapter information
$ffffffffff ----------------------------------------------------------------
$0000000000 Description :
$0000000001 Vendor ID : 0000 (unknown)
$0000000002 Device ID : 0000
$0000000003 Location : bus 0, device 0, function 0
$0000000004 Bus type : AGP revision 3.0
$0000000005 AGP status : enabled
$0000000006 AGP rate : 4x 8x supported, 8x selected
$0000000007 AGP SBA : hardwired, enabled
$0000000008 AGP FW : supported, disabled
$0000000009 Base address 0 : none
$000000000a Base address 1 : none
$000000000b Base address 2 : none
$000000000c Base address 3 : none
$000000000d Base address 4 : none
$000000000e Base address 5 : none

Please help guys..... i know i must have done something idiotic....... though i had done the process earlier, i should have referred properly bfore trying it again...... :(

Like.... is ther any way to reset everything or something..... ???? :(

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ i'm not sure . but i think re-flashing the BIOS of ur g-card may solve the problem.

anilthomas26

In the zone

thnks for the suggestion man...... but i think i wanna keep that option as a last resort.......

any other suggestions ppl ?????

and btw... could someone actually tell me the process of flashing the card bios ?

visor619

i dont live, i survive

@ ssk_the_gr8
ya, but all notebook companies aren't considerate enough to offer a wide range of gfx cards like dell... other option available is a silly ati 2300 which is ages old n only direct x 9 compatible... the main question is, "a 256mb 8400m GS or a 128mb 8400m GT??" i know that a Gt is superior, but will the case b same if it is only a 128mb as compared to a 256mb card?????

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@anilthomas26 ,

g-card BIOS flashing tutorials

*www.tomshardware.com/forum/126374-29-nvidia-bios-modification-flash-restore-guide

*www.tomshardware.com/forum/246611-29-guide-nvidia-bios-modification

there is a thread in this forum which teaches how to convert a 8600GT to a 8600GTS by a user called assassin. that will also show u how to flash the g-card BIOS.

Zishi

Broken In

Hello, members!
I have P4-HT(3.0GHz 2mb cach) and 1.25GB Of DDR Ram(400MHz). So which Graphic card best for me..............waiting for your reply..

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

^^ ur gfx card depends totally on your interface (PCI-E or AGP?), budget and intended use

Top Bottom