Graphics Cards related queries here.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

grafix cards are becomming boring now.:(
Lol... Why so?

Regarding ram is there any appreciable difference in Corsair value ram and Corsair XMS ram...??should i opt for value ram..
IF you are a overclocker and if you overclock to a very high extent then you go for the XMS. Otherwise, Value RAM is good enuf...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

ok, a query...
I am using the Nov 07 released Forceware 169.21 for 8600GT. I heard, Forceware 174.74 is available for XP and Vista. So, i just want suggestions on updating the drivers? Coz, it is not WHQL certified so i was hesitating to give it a try. One more thing, is it really safe to try all those modified drivers? And is it true that there are drivers which give better performance in crysis than others? I heard some, but wasnt sure. And if it is then is the driver meant for that sole purpose only?? I mean, games other than Crysis wouldnt get any benefit..?

HellKing

Broken In

I am using ForceWare 174.xxx and I think it IS WHQL certified..

but that is for 9600GT and 9800GX2

For 8600GT, the latest driver I think is ForceWare Release 169 which you have....

nvidia

-----ATi-----

8600GT, Vista the latest driver available is 169.25(WHQL)
In XP its 169.21(WHQL)
Source:)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

And is it true that there are drivers which give better performance in crysis than others? I heard some, but wasnt sure.

i think u r referring to omega drivers. . i havent tried them . . omega guy doesnt write the drivers . .he chooses the best files(what he thinks ) from different driver versions. .

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

well, yeah i was referring to all those drivers with modified inf and no whql certification. Anyways, this means i should stick with good old 169.21 whql then. :)

shaileshskamath

Right off the assembly line

I have an Intel865 motherboard with a 128MB Graphics card (Geforce 440MX), and I want to upgrade to the 512MB Geforce 8500GT. Sadly, the PCI slot for the 440MX doesn't match the 8500GT, and that's the only PCI slot on the motherboard :( What do I do now (without giving up the card that is) ?...

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^You have to change the motherboard to support any new graphics card.
And its not a good thing to buy the 8500GT. Buy the 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 card.

ancientrites

In the zone

wait a minute that mobo supports agp cards and how can it support pcie cards. i may be mistaken here u can upgrade to geforce 7800gs agp card

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Thats what i've said there... He has to change the motherboard... Its a waste of money if he is going to buy an agp card now...

anshad666

Broken In

I Want Knw About The Intel GMA X3100...am Havng Acer Aspire 5920..am Not A Plyer Of High End Games...its Suitable For Me Or Not???...if I Upgrade To Dedicatd Graphics Which One I Choose???plz Reply

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Suitable for you or not depends on the kind of games that you like to play. If you like to play all the latest and the ones that will be released in the future, then its recommended to buy a new graphics card.
Whats your budget if you decide to buy a new card?

raviramgopal

Broken In

my frnd needs to buy and agp card , not a pci or pci express card , cause he will get a new comp in a few months so the agp is only temporary , his configuration is - intel 845 series motherboard,1 gig ddr1 ram,40 gb hardisk , p4 processor 2.4 ghz etc so plz i need a reply and how good is the BFG Geforce 7800 GS OC AGP 256mb card

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

7800GS is a fine card. . .but not worth the money . .i think a 7300GT / 7600GS should do for a few months. . for how much is he getting the 7800GS ?

nvidia

-----ATi-----

@raviramgopal: If he is getting a new computer then why cant he wait? There is no use in buying a AGP card now... Ask him to wait and then buy a PCIe card.

anshad666

Broken In

^^Suitable for you or not depends on the kind of games that you like to play. If you like to play all the latest and the ones that will be released in the future, then its recommended to buy a new graphics card.
Whats your budget if you decide to buy a new card?

i dnt knw more abut such cards...if i buy my budjts under 5000....plz post most popular cards and prices if u can???plz...

pawsingh

>>----------->

I am planning to buy a new PC and dealer gave an option to go for second hand graphic card. below are the two cards and their price.

Leadtek 6600 GT - 1.5k
ATI 1800 - 4.5k

which one shall I go for and is the price ok?

pawsingh

>>----------->

^^^
you buying AGP card:eek:

I am sure that ATI one is PCIE but not sure about the leadtek. however, leadtek one had the SLI option. that makes me believe its not AGP.

Still I am not sure. upgrading PC after approx 4 years. totaly out of touch from PC hardware.

Currently running Geforce FX 5200 so you can understand where i stand.

Top Bottom