Graphics Cards related queries here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

if u're going for a new pc. .i think its better to go4 a newer card. . 6600GT is too outdated. .and old one means its been used for about 2-3 yrs .. g-cards dont last as long as proccy's. .

nvidia

-----ATi-----

I am sure that ATI one is PCIE but not sure about the leadtek. however, leadtek one had the SLI option. that makes me believe its not AGP.

Still I am not sure. upgrading PC after approx 4 years. totaly out of touch from PC hardware.

Currently running Geforce FX 5200 so you can understand where i stand.
If you plan to use your new PC for the next 4 years, then 6600 will not be enough... It wont last even a single day:lol:
Its completely outdated and buying that is a waste of money. Buy the 8600GT and dont settle for anything below this even if you are a casual gamer:)

pawsingh

>>----------->

If you plan to use your new PC for the next 4 years, then 6600 will not be enough... It wont last even a single day:lol:
Its completely outdated and buying that is a waste of money. Buy the 8600GT and dont settle for anything below this even if you are a casual gamer:)

Any Idea which is the best 8600 GT card and its price?

Appreciate your help.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

First of all, there is no BEST 8600GT in the market! And secondly, there are lots of brands to choose from. Anyways, MSI and Palit has good models in the market. Even, if u are going for the XFX 8600GT product, make sure u go for a aftermarket cooler. After that, the card excels excellently! :)

pawsingh

>>----------->

here is the config that I am planning to buy

mobo - abit ip35
Procy - E8200
Ram - 2 gig

I am a casual gamer and will be playing games like GTA san Andreas, Doom3.

Main purpose is to play 1080p movies.
Pc will be running 24/7
considering above will XFX 8600 GT be an issue? in terms of heating and performance?

I am not planning to over clock. If heating is going to be an issue with GPU then what type of cooling solution you recommend?
Consider me as newbie.
Thanks in advance

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ if u dont OC and are only a casual gamer , a xfx 8600GT should not be a problem. ..i see no point in going for a aftermarket cooler for a mid-low end product like 8600GT . the cooler itself will cost 2k atleast. thats why i think u shud go4 other brand like asus / palit / evga ( get from tirupathi enterprises ) / galaxy .

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

i need a good pci-e card and my budget is 5k any suggestions , preferably nvidia also which motherboard is better - asua p5k plvm intel , asus p5s mx se , biostar gf 7050-m7 plz need a reply fast

pawsingh

>>----------->

^^ if u dont OC and are only a casual gamer , a xfx 8600GT should not be a problem. ..i see no point in going for a aftermarket cooler for a mid-low end product like 8600GT . the cooler itself will cost 2k atleast. thats why i think u shud go4 other brand like asus / palit / evga ( get from tirupathi enterprises ) / galaxy .

^ thanks for the information. However i am little confused about your comments. you mentioned that xfx 8600 GT should not be a problem and also suggested to go for other brands like asus/palit/evga/galaxy.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

plz help me ppl i need a goog pci express card within 4500 rs , it should be good enough for me to play crysis plz ppl

Beta Waves

Journeyman

I think you can get 6600GT for your budget...You can play crysis provided you have 1 or 2 GB RAM but at low graphics settings

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

plz help me ppl i need a goog pci express card within 4500 rs , it should be good enough for me to play crysis plz ppl
Go for any 8600GT brand. Like, XFX, Palit or MSI. With 8600GT, there isnt much to choose from.

@sagargv,
well, the aftermarket cooling advice included future Overclocking stability and performance guarantee !! :D hehe..
Not necessary to go for though... Depends upon usability!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i dont think 8600GT is worth the aftermarket coolers price. . better to get a more powerful card with stock cooler .. my opinion. .

for a 8600 , i wud prefer brands other than XFX..

pawsingh

>>----------->

Thanks a lot for your reviews guys. I will go for the XFX 8600 GT. Just want to confirm if this is the one you are talking about:

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=415

Also let me know if this one is better than FXf or not:
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=643
Its MSI

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

Thanks a lot for your reviews guys. I will go for the XFX 8600 GT. Just want to confirm if this is the one you are talking about:

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=415

Also let me know if this one is better than FXf or not:
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=643
Its MSI

xfx 8600 , u shud get it for 4.5 - 5k . .6k is far too high for card that runs hotter than other brands. see if u can get evga. .

Top Bottom