Graphics Cards related queries here.

raj7000

Broken In
problem with my xfx geforce 6600 graphics card

hi out there,

I am facing a problem with my xfx geforce 6600 grpahics card.The Display shows picture with stripes & after that back & white suqares appear on the monitor.Can anyone tell me whats the problem with my card & provide ant solution to it.its an agp card

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

its artifacting . .get it replaced. its probobly running too hot / has run too hot for too long a time . ..

purvabh

Right off the assembly line

hi there........now basically thanks to this thread i've been able to choose a card (the 9600) but then i'm also in a weird fix........i live in vadodara gujarat and the problem is that my dealer can't get this card for me (trust me though i am looking around,its rather difficult to get one if he can't).....i can easily go to ahemdabad if that can solve my problem.....the last option would be mumbai which for obvious reasons is undesirable........and i'm also going to singapore malaysia and thailand in not too much of time.....is it advisable to wait ? if yes please specify both the market and the expected price difference....and that if the ati 3850 would be cheaper too (i can pay 9k at max for starters).......and lol......a final request :D.....could someone tell me about the street prices (india) of these two cards?

Cheers

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

get the 9600GT . its around 9k-10k . .for evga it may be 11k . .dont forget about the psu . .u'll need a psu with atleast 26A on 12 volt for either 3850 / 9600GT. . 9600 is much better than 3850 .

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

hi there........now basically thanks to this thread i've been able to choose a card (the 9600) but then i'm also in a weird fix........i live in vadodara gujarat and the problem is that my dealer can't get this card for me (trust me though i am looking around,its rather difficult to get one if he can't).....i can easily go to ahemdabad if that can solve my problem.....the last option would be mumbai which for obvious reasons is undesirable........and i'm also going to singapore malaysia and thailand in not too much of time.....is it advisable to wait ? if yes please specify both the market and the expected price difference....and that if the ati 3850 would be cheaper too (i can pay 9k at max for starters).......and lol......a final request :D.....could someone tell me about the street prices (india) of these two cards?

Cheers
check here for prices mate... theitwares.com and techshop.in

if you dont mind some custom formalities you can very well buy it in singapore.. but I dunno abt the formalities :D and you dont get warranty I guess :D

_

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@NIGHTMARE
Prices of HD 3850 nd 3870 has slashed, but in itwares, it dun seems to be updated.
When i asked locally, MSI 3850 256 was for around 8.2k and 512 for 9k. U can get better deal with some bargaining. And if u from mumbai or Delhi, it ll be more cheaper, as those prices are from Kerala.

@Sagargv
HD 3850 dun need 26A on 12v rail. It can work fine on a gud 400W PSU with 20~22A on 12v rail. 22 wud be better if one plan to oc.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Hi friends,

One of my friend is going to buy a grafix card very soon, his budget is 6000/- and he wants to play Crysis.

Please recommend some cards for the same. He has chosen
Palit GeForce8500GT Sonic 256 MB. Any other solution, as I don't think this is a future proof(at least next 1-1.5 yrs).

Any comments are welcome

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

^^^
even 9800GTS or similar model is around 20k

or else you can even get any of the below model and a good gfx cooler

XFX GeForce 8800GT 512 MB DDR3 PV-T88P-YDF4 - Rs.14500
XFX GeForce 8800GT 512 MB DDR3 Extreme PV-T88P-YDE4 - Rs.16000
XFX GeForce 8800GT 512 MB DDR3 XXX PV-T88P-YDD4 - Rs.17500

price source: theitwares.com

_

sumigizlov

Broken In

what are the latest prices of agp cards 6200gt, 7300 and 6600gt
i have 845 gv mobo with 4x agp slot does my mobo support these cards

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@NIGHTMARE
Prices of HD 3850 nd 3870 has slashed, but in itwares, it dun seems to be updated.
When i asked locally, MSI 3850 256 was for around 8.2k and 512 for 9k. U can get better deal with some bargaining. And if u from mumbai or Delhi, it ll be more cheaper, as those prices are from Kerala.

@Sagargv
HD 3850 dun need 26A on 12v rail. It can work fine on a gud 400W PSU with 20~22A on 12v rail. 22 wud be better if one plan to oc.

oh ok . thanks for correcting me. but i usually recommend better psu's to avoid stability probs or rare overheating cases .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ 9600GT scales better in SLI . but yes , a 8800GT SLI is more powerful .

Top Bottom