Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey
i brought my gigabyte 8800gt yesterday but its fan is not working
and make a clicking noise i found about noise on following link

*www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40338

i think that performense is bit slow

can i repair it? i saw that when i turn fan with finger then it make metal scraping noise i tried raise the metal sheet above with screwdriver but no use

core temp go upto 110c please help asap

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

dun even think bout turning on the PC with fan not running. It cud blow up the card and can void warranty and render the card useless.
Get it replaced.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^Don't know exactly about that but most probably by evening out the data send to the GPU for processing that is why its more complex a method to solve the problem as different games require different approach for the amt. of GFX data they send to the driver.

ok . i dint exactly get it .. what do u mean evening the data sent to gpu ?
so somehow nvidia is overcoming this without having to opt split frame rendering. ..

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

^^Even distribution of the data(regarding player's movement)send to the GPUs for processing graphics so that the frames also carry the changes in the players movements and not just the same frame twice.
nVidia considers AFR to be more efficient than SFR.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

why is AFR superior to SFR ? if SFR is used , performance of SLI should scale better , isnt it ?

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

Because the time frames require to be displayed is greater in case of Split Frame rendering(Splitting up the image data and then reconstructing the various parts into 1 image requires a lot of time).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

looks like crossfire / SLI capability to scale is doomed to low values until drivers are optimized for each and every game !!

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi guyz,

Got my Ge Cube XHD3870X2 card yesterday. But I am having a weired problem. The card has got dual slot cooling but only one fan is running. The other fan is not working at all and a strage "click click" soung is coming out of the card. Display is coming in the TFT. But I didnt dare to run my PC for more than 5 mins as some warning LEDs showed that NB temp is quite high.
What do u suggest? Is it any power supply problem?? Or is it the problem with the vga card itself? Should I claim a replacement?
I have Corsair 620 Watt as psu. Dont think it cant provide enuff power for the vga.
Where does the problem lie?
Please reply soon. I wanna have my vga card completely cured as soon as possible.
Thanks

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

^^^ its not a psu prob.psu is more than capable to pull a 3870X2.
it cud be that the other fan starts working only after the gpu reaches a particular temp.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

hey
i brought my gigabyte 8800gt yesterday but its fan is not working
and make a clicking noise i found about noise on following link

*www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40338

i think that performense is bit slow

can i repair it? i saw that when i turn fan with finger then it make metal scraping noise i tried raise the metal sheet above with screwdriver but no use

core temp go upto 110c please help asap

have u connected the power connectors?
what PSU do you have?

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

But I think that two gpus hv got one fan each. So both the fans should run. Anyway, I cant take risk to run my system without having proper info. There is nothing such written in the manual that one fan shud run only when that is required. And nyway, what about the strage cluttering sound? I have never heard a fan making such noise.

Please guyz, suggest something. Then I will be going to ask for a replacement tomorrow.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

8600GT is now bout 4.8k to 6k. 6k one will be havinf custom h/f and might be factory oced. like sprkle calibre and asus EN 8600GT OC.
For 4.8k, u can get stock 8600GT from XFX, POV , MSI, gigabyte etc.
Dun go for XFX due to heating issues. The new 6k proced model of XFX is gud but costly compared to similar priced oced ones.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^+1
Stay away from the older XFX models. Its best to buy the ASUS card which has better cooling:)

navrajyadav

Broken In

hi guys !,

i want to buy a graphics card of 256mb.my configuration is intel 915 glvg motherboard,intel 2.8 ghz(533fsb),iball 400 watt atx,512mb ram,80gb hard disk. please suggest me a good graphics card in around 4k-5.5k. keep in mind my motherboard support it or not.

some friends suggest me ati radeon hd 3650. is it support my mother board or not. my atx is of 400watt, its is enough or not.

thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

does ur mobo have a pcie slot ? is it produced by intel or intel chipset based mobo ?

i prefer 8600GT over 3650 . .
*www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915glvg/sb/CS-020821.htm

is this ur mobo ?

if yes , i dont think it has a pcie slot. AFAIK intel 915GL doesnt support pcie x16 . . but it says that a 12 volt connector for 75W power of pcie slot is there. .but no slot ??

check if u have a pcie slot and report back here.

Top Bottom