Graphics Cards related queries here.

navrajyadav

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

sagargv does ur mobo have a pcie slot ? is it produced by intel or intel chipset based mobo ?

i prefer 8600GT over 3650 . .
*www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-020821.htm

is this ur mobo ?

if yes , i dont think it has a pcie slot. AFAIK intel 915GL doesnt support pcie x16 . . but it says that a 12 volt connector for 75W power of pcie slot is there. .but no slot ??

check if u have a pcie slot and report back here.

dear, i have original intel d915glvg motherboard,as it is in the link you provide, then tell me personally. what i have to do? and which one is the best choice for me, and tell me also about my atx.

when i see my motherboard i found two pci slot

anyway thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

you found 2 pci slots . thats great . but did you find a pcie x16 slot? its usually black in color , nearly the same length as of pci slot .do u have such a slot which is usually just above the pci slots ?

i think u're going to say "no" from what i gather in your previous post. .thats bad news for you . its very hard to find pci g-cards and even if you do find them , they will be pathetic performers in gaming. .

budget 5k . .. thats pretty hard . .i wud suggest going for xfx 630i mobo ( 3.5k ) . it has onboard nvidia 7050 ..add a 1gig of ram .

monkey

Padawan

@sagargv: Isn't EVGA 630i/7100 better option than XFX 630i/7050? Especially when XFX is for 3.5k while EVGA is for 3.1k? Infact EVGA 630i/7150 is also less than 5k (at 4.8k) so even this should be considered.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

wonderful !! i would prefer evga over xfx any day( i personally have a bad experience with xfx ) . .i dint know evga was available. .

monkey

Padawan

I found EVGA here: *www.yantraonline.in/product.asp?CompId=34

Actually I am assembling a computer for my office and was considering EVGA 630i/7150 mobo with E6750 and 1 GB RAM (basic use with light gaming).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ 7600GT will work on ur pc as it has a pcie slot . but power requirements of 7600GT is nearly same ( slightly more ) than that of 8600GT , so again psu becomes a problem for you . .. plz tell the amperage on the 12 volt rail of the 400W VIP psu that you were talking about (in pm) and how much does it cost ?

raviramgopal

Broken In

hi,
i'm planning to buy a 9600gt.i found out the cost of the xfx 9600gt(9.5k).i wanted to know whether i can buy this card or should i buy any other manufacturer.if yes,which one.thanks in advance

niax

Right off the assembly line

hello guyzz!!

i,ve got a problem and need some help...

i run a xfx8600gts in my rig(53C idle) and with riva tuner, accelerate its fan to 100% before putting it under load...after a couple of minutes of load, the fan retards to 30% and the temp soars up to 79-78C....small fluctuations in fan speed(40%-45%) mentain the temp at that pt...

next:OC the gpu about 60mhz and repeat the procedure...this time the fan speed ranges between 50-55% and temp stays at 79-80C..

why does the fan slow down automatically??and is this temp too high 4 gpu??

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^The temperature is high. But not very high. My 8600GT goes upto 85C.
In case your card heats to more than 87-90C then it will be best if you get your card replaced:)

hi,
i'm planning to buy a 9600gt.i found out the cost of the xfx 9600gt(9.5k).i wanted to know whether i can buy this card or should i buy any other manufacturer.if yes,which one.thanks in advance
Why not the 8800GT? Its a little better....

Last edited:

raviramgopal

Broken In

^^^^,
i c.anyway i'm planning to buy a new comp .i contacted my vendor,these are the prices i got for my config-
1)Abit ip35e-5.5k
2)C2d E8400-8K
3)2gb Kingston 800mghz-1.75k
4)Nvidia 8800gt-12k
5)WD 250gb sata II with 16mb Buffer-2.7k
6)cooler master cabinet(elite 330)+PSU 500w-5.5k

i just wanted to know whether this is a good deal.thanks

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

@ravi,
Seems fine. Just make sure, u go with the right brand in case of RAM and GPU. e.g. MSI NX8800GT TD512E would be nice and its priced accordingly, i.e. 12K ! Regarding RAM i suggest u to go with either Patriot or Corsair!
Rest, the Rig is nice.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^^^,
i c.anyway i'm planning to buy a new comp .i contacted my vendor,these are the prices i got for my config-
1)Abit ip35e-5.5k
2)C2d E8400-8K
3)2gb Kingston 800mghz-1.75k
4)Nvidia 8800gt-12k
5)WD 250gb sata II with 16mb Buffer-2.7k
6)cooler master cabinet(elite 330)+PSU 500w-5.5k

i just wanted to know whether this is a good deal.thanks

i heard that 8800GTS 512mb is available for 14k , its a pretty good deal . it has a gr8 cooler. consider that.

raviramgopal

Broken In

^^^
i dont think i need a 8800gts,here in bangalore i think its around 15.5k.i cant extend my budget anymore and a 8800gt or a 9600gt is more than enough for me.thanks for the suggestion anyway

ramsingh

Journeyman

just purchases : MSI 9600GT 512 Mb--- Rs.10100
Abit IP35E- Rs. 5300

was going 2 buy Intel Core 2 Quad 6600(2.4 Ghz)---Rs. 10,500 but the dealer pissed me off.. waited for 1/2 hr for the proccsr// nd when he bought it from some other shop. it was of Nov-2007 and the seal was slightly scratched.. so disint buy..
what is d curremt price of Q 6600 in Pune.. should i buy it from here(kolkata)nd take 2 pune?
Regarding ram is there any appreciable difference in Corsair value ram and Corsair XMS ram...??should i opt for value ram..

monkey

Padawan

Corsair Value RAMs max out at 667 MHz while XMS series goes much beyond...
Also XMS series are very good at overclocking..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

ans so is the price. Its much costly than value series.
Better get some 800Mhz ram nd downclock to 667 nd tighten the timings.
Transcent 800 makes gud buy.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

just purchases : MSI 9600GT 512 Mb--- Rs.10100
Abit IP35E- Rs. 5300

was going 2 buy Intel Core 2 Quad 6600(2.4 Ghz)---Rs. 10,500 but the dealer pissed me off.. waited for 1/2 hr for the proccsr// nd when he bought it from some other shop. it was of Nov-2007 and the seal was slightly scratched.. so disint buy..
what is d curremt price of Q 6600 in Pune.. should i buy it from here(kolkata)nd take 2 pune?
Regarding ram is there any appreciable difference in Corsair value ram and Corsair XMS ram...??should i opt for value ram..

Ok, first of all congrats for ur new GPU n mobo! And secondly, u've posted the same matter in three different sticky threads??? U could've asked the same with anyone of them!
Regarding, XMS and Value rams, XMS rams feature better timings and latency than the value rams. Plus, XMS rams come equipped with heat spreader and value rams doesnt.
Lastly, XMS rams are way costly!! :p

Top Bottom