Graphic card or Android mobile?

Terabyte

In the zone
My birthday is coming up this June and I have landed up in this weird confusion of which gift should I opt for.
My budget is around 8-9k.
So either I am going for a graphic card like GTX 460 or an Android cell (most likely LG Optimus One P500). Both cost around 9k and I am really confused what should I get :confused:

Also I have decided to take up Android app development.
Do you guys think Android apps can be developed without owning an Android device (i.e. with the help of emulator)

I also don't wan't to miss out on games. I am mainly interested in few limited games like Crysis series, Assassin Creed series, Batman series and COD series :))

Thanks for reading all this. Hope I get a good advice from you friends. Thanks once again :smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think going for android device is much better (no time waste and will help with your android app devel). You don't need to have a phone to test android apps that you develop. Android SDK comes with an emulator.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You dont need a Android phone for app developement.
Emaulators and live iso's are present.

If I were you, get the phone. Gpu later. You can play Crysis 2 in lower end gpu like 950gt quite well in low resolution.

Gollum

Collector
if you already have a phone that does the job then get a graphics card.
decide on what device you would be using the most. an android device is for those who stay away from a pc a lot. if you are gonna leave the phone lying around in a corner of the room for the whole day, then get the graphics card.
also get this, graphics card has only one main use (playing games) which you might not do all the time.
android phone will serve many more purposes like watching movies, listening to music, games, internet, etc on the go.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If you are satisfied with your current phone then better get the graphics card.

OP
Terabyte

Terabyte

In the zone
Everybody thanks for the quick replies.

Currently my system is running on onboard graphics HD4200(for config see my signature).

As far as phone is concerned currently I own Samsung Champ. I had got this phone about 7-8 months ago.

Actually my dad is slightly against getting a new phone because he thinks changing the phone so early isn't right. But if I get Optimus One now he(dad) will not allow me to get a new one till I finish my degree(which is 3 years more) :x

Any idea when Xperia Mini is going to release and its cost?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
U have good config better go for graphics card , i know the on board graphics experience sure u ll get satisfied with Graphics card , 9K i dont think any super smart phone available but for 9K u can still get HD 6850 for good gaming

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Everybody thanks for the quick replies.

Currently my system is running on onboard graphics HD4200(for config see my signature).

As far as phone is concerned currently I own Samsung Champ. I had got this phone about 7-8 months ago.

Actually my dad is slightly against getting a new phone because he thinks changing the phone so early isn't right. But if I get Optimus One now he(dad) will not allow me to get a new one till I finish my degree(which is 3 years more) :x

Any idea when Xperia Mini is going to release and its cost?

Go for a graphics card buddy! You can convince your dad to get you a phone later! ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
+1 to sammy_cool, get a good GPU to enjoy gaming. you can save cash or convince your dad to let you buy a Android based mobile after 4-6 months. till then some more affordable mobiles will be out but with more processing power.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If you can carve a carrier out of Android app development it will pay you later and posts of these kind can be avoided. Or then again you could be gaming all your life. What you choose now will probably decide what you make up in life.

Top Bottom