Graphic card Dilemma for 25K Budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharang.d

Youngling
Just buy the 7950 OCed one fast before it's gone.
Also I see a 7870 OC Sapphire on FK for 19k. Fk is on fire!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here's the reason .. expect to see more cool prices :

AMD Readies New Round of Radeon HD 7000 Series Price Cuts | techPowerUp

Prices of Radeon HD 7950 Boost will go down from US $349 to $319,
Prices of Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition will go down from $299 to $249,
Prices of Radeon HD 7850 2GB will go down to $209, and HD 7850 1GB to $189.

sharang.d

Youngling
^ It IS going to happen but no one knows when exactly.
FK is the first vendor so far.

Basically it all boils down to one factor i.e time.
Decide when exactly you want to buy and just buy whatever is the best at that period.
Updates/price cuts keep happnin all the time.
If u think like I should wait for some more time for price cuts to set in then maybe a new card might have come up by then :p

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
To elaborate more on "TIME" factor - See... I bought EVGA 6800GT back in 2004 for 300$ and now I can get GTX660Ti in same cost which is not at all comparable to old 6800GT :)

sharang.d

Youngling
Forget about that man. I bought Sapphire 7870 2 months back at 23,900 and now Sapphire 7870 OC Edition is available at 19~20k :facepalm:
So anyway whatever you buy don't look back :p

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
That really hurts when prices fall very quickly within short time :(

I buy HD 7950 @ 25k, and then after 3 months, if it comes to around 22K , i'll be pissed personally.

Last edited:
OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Even if the product is 3 months old, its still same.. right ? What i want to convey is that if the current prices are saturated enough to go for one?

For example : Look at GTX 560 ti or HD 6950, they still sell at 14k-15k and you won't get a new one less than that ( even if its 1 gen old ), So i can say the price won't drop further and is stable.

So, If HD 7950 price stays same for almost 6-8 months , which wasn't the case and we've seen 2 times price cut and the recent cut might not have been revised. ( or maybe i'm not sure )

All right thank you guys. I'll wait for 1 more month and then decide on either HD 7950 or GTX 660 Ti

Cheers ~!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
560Ti & 6950 stabilize at the end of their life. There's still some time for prices of graphics cards to come down as the next-gen is not coming soon. :)

Come back next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom