GPU NEWS Channel

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
So nVidia just announced GTX 780Ti which they say is their fastest GPU ever (Including Titan lol)

*techreport.com/news/25532/high-end-geforce-gtx-780-ti-coming-in-mid-november

amjath

Human Spambot
Between Mantle and G-Sync.. which one is more usefull in the real world scenarios in Gaming?

Mantle. Mantle API is open source, can make porting games between pc vs and consoles better and easier. So its a win win situation for PC gamers [better port from console], console gamers and developers

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
So nVidia just announced GTX 780Ti which they say is their fastest GPU ever (Including Titan lol)

High-end GeForce GTX 780 Ti coming in mid-November - The Tech Report

wth i thought they said the same for titan..............

hey can anyone compare the 280x and 270x with nvidia counterparts ..........

i just want to see if they are fairly priced or not.........

Mantle. Mantle API is open source, can make porting games between pc vs and consoles better and easier. So its a win win situation for PC gamers [better port from console], console gamers and developers

I understand that about mantle, but the doubt I had was how long it will take for the games to be developed using mantle API?
And also I heard games for the consoles are made on pc right?? Even the console game demos are run on PCs during expos?? So porting the game to pc till now didnt have anything to do with api?
Isnt the only problem that console ports to pc face are controls ?
So this shouldnt this be helping for porting of games from pc to console better and not the other way around??
Is it not the case that most console games are not ported to pc to retain their exclusivity?? and not because of difficulty in porting??
And what about the optimization efforts (which mostly result in the game looking less beautifull) that are required now for a game to play smoothly? Wouldnt they be avoided by g-sync?
And Another thing I dont understand about mantle vs g-sync is, Which is more important raw power to churn out more frames? or Display the frames consistenly to the naked eye?
since i heard in the vlogs on nvidia expo that even a mid end kepler card can produce smooth gameplay using g-sync when compared to a sli or cross fire setup which has inconsistent frame rate?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
wth i thought they said the same for titan..............

hey can anyone compare the 280x and 270x with nvidia counterparts ..........

i just want to see if they are fairly priced or not.........

R9-280x as of now if i see in smc international is priced at a very nice and affordable ~25K for the performance it claims to provide, GTX770 is gonna choke in next quarter if nvidia does not looksup to a fair price cut, at 20K the GTX760 is still the best buy.

MSI R9 270X HAWK Graphics Card is priced at 18K in smc, where GTX 760 is a good 8% faster than this card with 2k more, while GTX660 ti been only 1% faster and the 270X barely beats the 7950 at a lower price range, so as of now 7950 owners no need to upgrade and 760 is a more reasonable choice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally R9 280x, 270x and R7 260x is available on primeabgb at Rs. 27,285, Rs. 18,899 and Rs. 12,733 respectively
Buy Online MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G 3GB GDDR5 Graphic Cards in India
Buy Online MSI R9 270X GAMING 2G 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Cards in India
Buy Online MSI R7 260X GAMING 2G 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Cards in India

hitman4

In the zone
nvidia bouncing back by slashing the price of gtx 770 and 780
Nvidia Drops Prices of GTX 770 & 780; 780 Ti Price Revealed

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
780 has received a massive price drop of $150. :shock:
770 is now available for $329.

Suddenly nvidia is again starting to make some sense.

All eyes on 780-ti's performance now.

Nvidia Drops Prices of GTX 770 & 780; 780 Ti Price Revealed

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
780 at $499+same Titan cooler+awesome build+great temps = mind blown :D

i guess they should have brought down 770 to $315, which would deliver THE MOST sound perf/dollar competition with 280X, again with OC apples to apples it is still better than 280X by a good margin across all games average. only the 100$ gap was killing it, there was no point in buying it until now.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Actually i would say now 770 is back in the game. R280X performs 5-6 fps lower than 7970 ghz edition as it lacks the powertune boost.
770 used to be 2-3 fps faster than 7970 ghz edition in most tests and sometimes performed at par. So 280x is going to perform even lower out of the box.

So 770 makes a lot of sense now. Lets see if its priced around 25k in India. :)

Top Bottom