GPU NEWS Channel

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Checked with R9 290X pricing, Its 43.2K around in MD COMPUTERS .. God! I thought it to be around 36-38K

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Checked with R9 290X pricing, Its 43.2K around in MD COMPUTERS .. God! I thought it to be around 36-38K

hmm...its a great card no doubt, but am worried about temps, heat kills electronics, anything above 90 is never good at full load, for laptops its still acceptable, AMD could have done better at the stock fan, its evident now that R9-290X OC performance will be heavily dependent on after market coolers.

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Is it available ? I didn't find it on MD computers website. How did you get to know the pricing ?

You wont find it for 1 more week.I called them up and spoke to chief sales person for the update :)

But price seems high really,

I expected it to be around 35-38k

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
You wont find it for 1 more week.I called them up and spoke to chief sales person for the update :)

But price seems high really,

I expected it to be around 35-38k

hmm.. then R9 290 non X would be priced around 35K.. just my guess..

rock2702

Padawan
780@$650 retails for 50k+here.290X is $550 which is $100 or around about 7k less.So the 43k pricing does not surprise me.

As for 290, it is slated to be priced @$449 and perform within 5% of 290X at the same clocks.It should be available for around 37k.Getting 290 over 290X is a no-brainer then.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Update : R9 290 non x launch delayed :
*www.techpowerup.com/mobile/193497/radeon-r9-290-non-x-launch-pushed-back-a-week.html

Aargh.. I was waiting for long time for this card. :mad:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
780@$650 retails for 50k+here.290X is $550 which is $100 or around about 7k less.So the 43k pricing does not surprise me.

As for 290, it is slated to be priced @$449 and perform within 5% of 290X at the same clocks.It should be available for around 37k.Getting 290 over 290X is a no-brainer then.

i got stock 780 at 43k................

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
i got stock 780 at 43k................

LINK please

Found this, Galaxy 780 HOF was 539$ in amazon, god! that was so wicked deal! this beast beats titan at stock and OC both and also remains under 80 under load! :shock::shock: and that price, when the f will those come to india? !

Amazon.com: Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 DVI/DVI/HDMI/DP SLI Ready Graphics Card, 78XNH5DV8PXV: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:

nipunb

Broken In
will the 780's price drop around 40-42k, here in India, any time soon??
I think it will be a pretty good deal....

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
^^ from which brand ? Zotac ?

I got the stock asus gtx 780 from golcha IT he gave me huge discount cause m his regular customer.........

any1 wana confirmation can contact d3p he assembled the rig..........

LINK please

Found this, Galaxy 780 HOF was 539$ in amazon, god! that was so wicked deal! this beast beats titan at stock and OC both and also remains under 80 under load! :shock::shock: and that price, when the f will those come to india? !

Amazon.com: Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 DVI/DVI/HDMI/DP SLI Ready Graphics Card, 78XNH5DV8PXV: Computers & Accessories

lol out of stock............

kittoo

Right off the assembly line
I got the stock asus gtx 780 from golcha IT he gave me huge discount cause m his regular customer.........

I nonetheless placed the order. After adding everything up, its costing me 40k, which is still lower than stock 780 (should be about the same price after, if, the price drop reflects in India) and 290x (which, reports say, is about 43-44k in India). The card is a beast. Beats both Titan and 290x at stock, overclocks like hell (which the 290x doesnt), stays cool. I hope I made the right choice! Oh God! lol

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

thanks for the info :)

I nonetheless placed the order. After adding everything up, its costing me 40k, which is still lower than stock 780 (should be about the same price after, if, the price drop reflects in India) and 290x (which, reports say, is about 43-44k in India). The card is a beast. Beats both Titan and 290x at stock, overclocks like hell (which the 290x doesnt), stays cool. I hope I made the right choice! Oh God! lol

you placed order for which gpu at 40k ?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
will the 780's price drop around 40-42k, here in India, any time soon??
I think it will be a pretty good deal....

should be lower than that.

Nvidia has another card up their sleeve. The GTX780 Ghz Edition reveled, card will be running at 1006/1048/1552 MHz for base, boost and memory respectively. It is equipped with 3GB GDDR5 memory. the most amazing thing apart from its promising performance is the power and temps !

After the price cut if this Ghz card is put at upper 500$ range, then R9-290 has its competitor as 780, 290X as 780Ghz and 780ti on top of all. wonder where the titan fellow go ??? No country for old man :D

NVIDIA updates GeForce GTX 780 to GHz Edition | VideoCardz.com

Should be...makes sense.

Top Bottom