GPU NEWS Channel

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Is EVGA Precision even compatible with AMD cards?

No it isn't but i mentioned it coz its very good. MSI afterburner is the best though and it works with both amd and nvidia.
AMD overdrive is also very good and much better than sapphire trixx.

AMD Confirms Radeon HD 8000 Delay

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, things have been toned down as per the latest leaks:-

Nvidia GeForce Titan Launches February 18th, 2013: Loses to GTX 690, AMD HD 7990 - Bright Side Of News*

Performance - Faster or slower than a Dual-GPU GTX 690? HD 7990?
If you decide to use this card for GPGPU, for example password cracking, this card should be able to beat the K20 and K20X without breaking a sweat. The company castrated the Double Precision, and you can expect great Single Precision performance (2,688 CUDA cores times 875 MHz should result in around 4.5 TFLOPS SP from a single chip). Double-precision follows the Kepler tradition of 1/24 Single Precision performance. Yes, 4.7 TFLOPS SP and 196 GFLOPS DP, nicely protecting Tesla K20/K20X and the upcoming Quadro K6000 products.

The chip commands pixel fillrate of 49 GPixel/s and texel fillrate of 196 GTexel/s (once more, Texel fillrate is identical to FP64 Double Precision), while 384-bit at six billion transfers per second was enough for amazingly high 288.4GB/s.

Preliminary results show that in 3DMark Fire Strike (Extreme), GTX Titan scores 4870. According to our own testing, this would put the part some 500 points (10%) behind two GeForce GTX 680s in SLI mode. Given that a single GTX 680 achieves around 3000 points, almost 1900 points fewer than GTX Titan. Bear in mind this is still not enough to beat a single GeForce GTX 690.

Also:-

The boards, at least at the beginning - will only be available through ASUS and EVGA in the respective markets. But don't expect that this card will become a mainstream product. Allegedly, less than 10,000 will be made. In any case - we'll know more next week.

Source

bestpain

good advicer
bad news for gamers....amd hd 8000 series delayed

AMD to release new Radeon HD 8000 graphics cards in 2013 | PCWorld

sukesh1090

Adam young
bad news for gamers....amd hd 8000 series delayed

AMD to release new Radeon HD 8000 graphics cards in 2013 | PCWorld
it makes sense to delay the launch because there is no need of a new generation because 7000 and gt 600 are more than enough for the moment.simply releasing newer cards every year will make those people who bought the 7000 cards sad and also delaying will give AMD and nvidia a bit breathing headroom.even i read somewhere that these 8000 are actually bit better than what people are expecting,so lets see.
and btw yes it ia old news..:wink:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
NVIDIA GeForce Titan Final Product Pictures Leaked

This card looks sexy as hell if it finally ends up like in the link above. Has higher texture fill-rate than 690 (288Gt/s vs 234 Gt/s) so i expect it to give competition to a 690 in games.

Some in-game benchmarks have also leaked. Check below:

*www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=955:shock:

If those figures are a bit true, then titan will be nothing less than an extraordinary product.:2cents:

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This one is more down-to-earth:-

*cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GTX-Titan.png

This one is more down-to-earth:-

*cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GTX-Titan.png

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Some more info.
Galaxy To Launch GeForce GTX Titan Without Boost - Reference Clocked at 875 MHz

Darn when this thing will be finally out?? :mad:

Here comes the beast. Never seen this much hype about a gpu before. Benches won't come until a couple of days as per nvidia's request.
According to them, its meant to be a surprise for all. The cards usp is its compute performance as per previews coz its fp64 performance is 1/3 of fp32. In contrast 680 has 1/24 and 580 had 1/8.

Check the previews guys:

*hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/51857-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-6gb-graphics-card-overview/

*www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2244730/nvidia-releases-gk110-based-geforce-gtx-titan-graphics-card

*www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_preview_reference,1.html

*www.techspot.com/news/51680-nvidia-geforce-titan-supercomputer-gpu-power-for-the-1.html

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-titan-gk110-review,3438.html

*hardocp.com/news/2013/02/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_preview

*www.anandtech.com/show/6760/nvidias-geforce-gtx-titan-part-1

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD is going to announce something 3 days from now:-

*blogs.amd.com/play/files/2013/02/tress_banner.jpg

Source:-

AMD wants to wash your hair, with graphics. What?? | PC Perspective

TRESSFX: A NEW FRONTIER OF REALISM IN PC GAMING | Game Blog

sukesh1090

Adam young
looks like titan turned out to be a bummer at 1000$
Benchmarking GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB: Fast, Quiet, Consistent : GeForce GTX Titan: Putting Rarified Rubber To The Road

tkin

Back to school!!
looks like titan turned out to be a bummer at 1000$
Benchmarking GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB: Fast, Quiet, Consistent : GeForce GTX Titan: Putting Rarified Rubber To The Road
Check the titan thread in Tech news, we :facepalm: it long ago.

sukesh1090

Adam young
actually those pics posted by skud are near to reality.titan is just 25-30% faster than 7970 for 3 times more money.I don't know why but always over hyped things tend to fail,this one is another example.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Don't expect that kind of reality in your games anytime soon though, I am seeing these gorgeous demos since GeForce FX days. Remember Nalu with her flowing blonde hair demoed on a 6800 Ultra with all DX 9.0c glory way back in 2004? ;)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
nope bro,i am not expecting anything from this card.for me this is a utter failure card.it has same price tag as 690 and draws just 20W less than 690 and also the performance is too bad when compared to 690 and goes on declining as we increase screen resolution.compute performance turned out to be a bummer nowhere near HD7970 in those tests where its driver works and in most cases driver doesn't work.i don't know what nvidia tried to accomplish with this card.this is just a bullet fired in the air...aimless.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, wait a little for the matured drivers to be released. I don't think Titan is performing up to its max capability with the current drivers. Also performance decrease with higher resolution is true for each and every card, all you need to know how much it is decreasing.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
+1 to Cilus. Even I expect the Titan‘s performance to increase quite a bit with newer drivers.

@sukesh wait some time. Obviously performance will decrease with resolution but the vRAM of 6GB will reduce the decrease for sure. Patiently wait for new drivers to come and then Titan benches should say a different story :wink:

Top Bottom