Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering for 15 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
It is increased to 20 now I guess, anyways 5 sms per day was ridiculous.. Life was so hard with the limit.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah, same here, 20 is atleast ok. 5 was way too much less.

Anyway, can't live with this 20 SMS, waiting for normal 200 SMS / Day. :)

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
It's wonderful to see that now government has started to decide how much, how many times and in what way I should communicate. This move may look sensible to some people but I won't support a government who is constantly talking about taming social media(read: govt critics) with any kind of ban. This may be right for the moment but who is to say that this govt. won't impose any further bans for various reasons and not just on sms but on web, calls etc etc. So for these reasons I am not at all going to support any such kind of move by this government. We maybe going the china way minus development(little premature conclusion I know, but still I don't like what is happening, have a bad feeling about it).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah, same here, 20 is atleast ok. 5 was way too much less.

Anyway, can't live with this 20 SMS, waiting for normal 200 SMS / Day. :)

It's the same thing, rise petrol prices by 10 rupees and the decrease by 50 paise. Ah, I am ok with this :sarcasm:

D|C

Broken In
the telco companies should lose about 90 crores at least.
that's a tv news channels calculation.
the ban is now lifted
ENJOY! :)

ujwal_roy

Right off the assembly line
Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering - Yahoo! News India

Government said that one should not be able to send sms to more than 5 people at once but it seems private telcos are taking advantage of this and limiting subscribers to 5 sms per day which is ridiculous. I've heard BSNL is not doing this... TATA docomo is doing this for sure.

which other telcos are doing this people.?

Instead of such steps the government should think about a long term solution of providing employment to the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom