Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering for 15 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering - Yahoo! News India

Government said that one should not be able to send sms to more than 5 people at once but it seems private telcos are taking advantage of this and limiting subscribers to 5 sms per day which is ridiculous. I've heard BSNL is not doing this... TATA docomo is doing this for sure.

which other telcos are doing this people.?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Re: Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering

Dam this private telcos taking advantage BTW What advantage they get?They will loose their money? Or ..?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

government directive is not clear, that is the 1st issue

the advantage they get is less network congestion i guess

I'm not really sure :|

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Private telcos Taking advantage of governments 5 bulk sms for 15 days? « a2graph

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I Have but fail to register all the time,i reinstalled but same.
I think it was easiest for themto take this step thats why they took. and in future prepare to bear this again

Naxal

Little Kid
Here at Kolkat Uninor has done this same thing, stopped all SMS by limited it 5 a day..

I have complained via email, but no reply yet..

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
The government can't stop the people so they stopped them from communicating with each other. I don't know who the hell does such surveys (examples include this one and the one from the Planning Commission) and gives out such suggestions to them?

Anish

Spectre
Same here with vodafone.... I sent 5 and others wont send. So came to TFD for any news about sms... and was right landed up here :(

Naxal

Little Kid
Operators are doing it wrong, here is one more article explaining the actual ban notice and what it was reflected into

Times of India said:
From today onwards, no one will be able to send more than 5 SMSes in one go and more than 20 KB of data through mobile phones during the ban period. Though the limit on SMS is on bulk messages, some operators have reportedly levied this cap on person-to-person SMSes as well.

5 SMS per day limit comes into effect - The Times of India

What next ? Stop the internet for 15 days ?

I think notice itself says not more than 20KB of DATA by the way :p

Dont know if operators now will take that as a point to ban data traffic also..

Pathetic :enforcer:

Naxal

Little Kid
let this come into effect. 20kbps allowed per day. India will back to pre-independent age.

15 Days of open loot for the Operators since all our SMS packs will lose its validity and if DATA traffic to gets blocked, they will benefit from there also..

Why dont they make rule, 5 SMS per hour per person ? In that way they can stop what they want to stop, as well as meet the daily sms quota given by the sms packs also !!

Over paid gov employees, dont even think properly !!! :machinegun2:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well I guess govt. said 5 SMS at a time. Not fault of them. It's operators who are misusing the situation to limit 5 SMS / Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom