Govt bans bulk SMSes to quell rumour-mongering for 15 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
well guys its not related to congestion or etc ...

there are sms and MMS circulating which are biased against North east People and also spreading rumors

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can any one explain how come "5 sms' at a time" sounds meaningful ? I mean how can it be implemented? Per hour, per minute or everytime you send a msg to 5 nos? It was supposed to be 5/day I suppose.
Plus, I don't think its that bad decision, just the duration is too long, should've been for ~7 days (I've started feeling the heat since first hour, 1am :| ). C'mon, govt comes under serious pressure when incidents like these occur, some preventive measures have to be taken up. Many "threatening" SMS' were actually being circulated, so this step sounds logically obvious measure.

Naxal

Little Kid
C'mon, govt comes under serious pressure when incidents like these occur, some preventive measures have to be taken up. Many "threatening" SMS' were actually being circulated, so this step sounds logically obvious measure.

Why do those cyber security boys get paid from my, your pocket ??

Why not nabbing the individuals for the guilt by setting up SMS filtering for this type of event where the receiver can forward the SMS and sending number to that tracking system and then these cyber security boys can do some work to filter out and nab those very few handful of people responsible for the event ??

Rather all they did to save their own work is to bring the comunication of country to its knee..

Can any one explain how come "5 sms' at a time" sounds meaningful ? I mean how can it be implemented? Per hour, per minute or everytime you send a msg to 5 nos? It was supposed to be 5/day I suppose.

It would have been made sence to limit the number in hourly basis at least..

That would have stopped the bulk sending along side allowing normal comunication to fuction at least.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Why do those cyber security boys get paid from my, your pocket ??

Why not nabbing the individuals for the guilt by setting up SMS filtering for this type of event where the receiver can forward the SMS and sending number to that tracking system and then these cyber security boys can do some work to filter out and nab those very few handful of people responsible for the event ??

Rather all they did to save their own work is to bring the comunication of country to its knee..

Tracing a no is not that easy and how many nos will they trace in a country where most people carry as many nos as their mind change, plus half of them are on fake ID. A universal preliminary step has to be taken, if not full proo

It would have been made sence to limit the number in hourly basis at least..

That would have stopped the bulk sending along side allowing normal comunication to fuction at least.

Not much effective IMO, still 5msg/day hurts. :(

Naxal

Little Kid
Tracing a no is not that easy and how many nos will they trace in a country where most people carry as many nos as their mind change, plus half of them are on fake ID. A universal preliminary step has to be taken, if not full proo

I dont think these highly paid GOV employees are there for easy work. Are they ??

All I want to say is the amount spent of cyber security and these type of facility is more than enough to get these hard works done, rather just to save their own working headache, they wished to take the easy path by trasfering the headache and hardship to common man..

Not much effective IMO, still 5msg/day hurts. :(

Will you forward when you know you have just 5 sms for per hour ?

A vast number of people will not forward anything to save the sms for their own comunication needs..

The actual number of guilty is always really low, infact handful of people are responsible for it. Once they drifters are barred via these hourly rule, job of filteration would have been much easier !!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I dont think these highly paid GOV employees are there for easy work. Are they ??

All I want to say is the amount spent of cyber security and these type of facility is more than enough to get these hard works done, rather just to save their own working headache, they wished to take the easy path by trasfering the headache and hardship to common man..

We all know what's the reason for it, but this will lead to totally different debate so better leave it.

PS: You can't take anybody for granted if you are paying them a boon (people are not getting a boon here though).

Naxal

Little Kid
We all know what's the reason for it, but this will lead to totally different debate so better leave it.

Sorry, but I have mentioned couple of news reports also.. Its not just me who is getting vocal about what was notice and how the companies have used it.

Times of India said:
From today onwards, no one will be able to send more than 5 SMSes in one go and more than 20 KB of data through mobile phones during the ban period. Though the limit on SMS is on bulk messages, some operators have reportedly levied this cap on person-to-person SMSes as well.

Source -> 5 SMS per day limit comes into effect - The Times of India

PS: You can't take anybody for granted if you are paying them a boon (people are not getting a boon here though).

This is the exact reason for me go vocal on this..

Who is taken for granted here by the way ??

It seems that us, the users are taken for granted !!

• SMS Pack validity wont be increased
  • Daily communication will suffer
  • Will be in need to spend more to call instead of using sms

:(

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Sigh, my daily night chats via sms with my female friends are now over I guess. 15 days is a long time and I'd better get the package loaded up coz there's going to be a mountain for discussion once this passes!

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
there are sms and MMS circulating which are biased against North east People and also spreading rumors ,try to get up from tech to reality
u dont know us very well...do ya?
anyway..this 5 SMS ban is fruitless,ineffective....they need to upgrade their TECH.With a pyramid scheme this so called "ban" can easily be bypassed..if anyone wants....this aint saving NE guys....this is restricting communication and freedom of speech in a way....

Bright side, no spam messages

ERR...no :p

Naxal

Little Kid
I dont see anywhere the actual notification in TRAI or DoT website, which is allowing operators to do this thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom