Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

Strife

Broken In
Yeah I had a HP with same prob, you need to open the intel install exe with winrar or something so you can get the actual files, then you need to manually tell windows to install the drivers, you only need to do this once as further drivers will install automatically:D This worked for me but it might not for you so proceed at your own risk eg you could end up with a expensive brick but hey it worked for me:!:

From a previous post.

Also Assassins creed works at about 10 fps border-line playability if all settings are low (you can get a few more fps by changing some of the advanced setttings in the configuration files via notepad) also to get it to run at all you need the edited opening files or the game will just hang at the intro menue refer to previous posts for solution/fixed files.

Good luck

Last edited:

Torang

Broken In
New DRiver For Vista ?!?!?!?! 15.11.3
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2576&DwnldID=17044&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems&lang=eng

KoRn

In the zone
i downloaded video drivers for my lappy using 965...and when i try and install it shows some corrupt error...file curropted or sumthing...also sme integrity ****...wtf??i d/l more than 3 times for intel still same prob??
wats wrong?

Strife

Broken In
i downloaded video drivers for my lappy using 965...and when i try and install it shows some corrupt error...file curropted or sumthing...also sme integrity ****...wtf??i d/l more than 3 times for intel still same prob??
wats wrong?

Maybe try installing the drivers manually...... refer to my above post on this page.......do at own risk

zzz666

Right off the assembly line
about the "Cold Fear" problem with intel 965 and WIN XP
I have tested it with many drivers including the latest one but it seems unplayable for me

the problem is after the logo movies it gives the blue screen error and restarts the computer

has anyanybody a solution for that?

zzz666

Right off the assembly line
my benchmark for "Bully scholarship edition" using intel 965 with latest XP drivers.
if you want to play this games well you have to set the res to 640/480 and all others to off but the graphics still look great
the FPS is from 8-15 depending on the area you are in,in general you can play the game,only a very little delay in mouse response when you are in the school yard with the students in

it is a funny game you can enjoy playing it

=====================================
Bad news

I have finished playing with dead space right now but it is another disappointing for me the game is slow,in some places the FPS is below 5,with res set to 640-480 and all the other options are off

in general you will not enjoy playing it

I will post a benchmark later

my specs:

Acer laptop 1.73 GHz 1MB L2 cache

Mobile intel 965 with 384 MB VRAM

1.5 GB Ram

edited Dead space benchmark :D
ok you must set to 640-480 and all others to off/low
in general you can get 8-12 fps and above in the very closed areas
the big problem is the delay in the response of the mouse movements

Last edited:

Strife

Broken In
Anyone tried Fallout 3? I heard that the graphics engine is a modified version of the oblivion one. I could play oblivion on about mid-low so i'm guessing that this may run at a reasonable fps....anyone?

Torang

Broken In
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Not Playable?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Error Message:
The Video Card does not have the necessary specifications.(RAM 1.0GB)
Abrot Retry Ignore
work only ignore.
load game .............................................not run what!?!?!?!?!
Driver:14.36.3 XP Cpu:6400core2dou Ram:2.0GB Buffalo

Last edited:

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
I really hope GTA 4 will atleast run somewhat fine on x3100... I hope intel can manage to optimize a driver specifically for it knowing that it is a really big game. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
guys Silent Hill homecoming is released I hope someone will post if it works soon
OMFG !!!

I will get back with the benchmarks soon. :D

Well Deadspace runs at 640x480 and yeah aiming is shitty but turning off vsync helps, I'm playing it on medium difficulty and those rick rolling are fun to kill. Though I suspect that later on at some stage I might get stuck due to bad controls.

Also played Stalker Clear Sky. It has a large memory footprint but the fact is that it runs better than Dead Space despite of being heavy on resources (it takes around 1 minute to fully exit to windows from Clear Sky). 800x600 and settings are variable. I friggin love its scalability. It's been over 1 month ingame.

Strife

Broken In
Fallout 3 works at lowest settings at about 10-15 fps, not really playable unless your really patient......the game has heaps of bugs and you need to tweak some of the .ini settings.... also CoD5 beta works about about 10-15 fps also not really playable hopefully when the release version is out it will play better. :(

Strife

Broken In
Looks like new drivers for xp

*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2876&DwnldID=17116&lang=eng

Top Bottom