Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

Anv

Right off the assembly line
There is another better solution for warcraft 3 and frozen throne fix for drivers 14.34.4 and above. You can force it to run in software TNL(Transform and Lightning). To do this go to Start--->Run-->and type regedit and open it. Now press Ctrl+F and search for _3DMark06.exe. This will take a while but not very long. When it finishes searching you will stumble upon a few entries that start with (_) in it. Those programs you see run on software TNL instead of hardware. So all you have to do it add a new entry. To do this right click inside the right panel and create a new DWORD value. now name this _war3.exe (this is your warcraft 3 and frozen throne .exe file). Right click on this entry and click modify. Now make sure the base is set to hexademical. Just change the 0 to 1. Now the painful part, you have to repeat the whole procedure. CTRL+F and find another _3dmark06.exe, then create a new DWORD value and name is _war3.exe then modify the value to 1. Do this until there is no more _3dmark06.exe to search for. It is painful but trust me its worth it. If you install newer drivers the settings will remain so you only have to do it once(THANK GOD). After you've done this, that is the end. You dont need -opengl to play warcraft 3 now. Warcraft 3 and frozen throne run 2x faster in software mode compared to hardware mode. Hope this helps :D. Cheers
It works like miracle. Thanks a bunch :)
And I just wonder what "software mode", "hardware mode" are and why war3 can only run in software mode?

galakfryar

Broken In
FIrst off what I mean by hardware mode is one of your chipsets functionality which is Hardware Transform and Lighting. Software mode is the emulated version which means the processor and ram is doing all the work instead of the chipset. Since the hardware which is the intel 965 chipset is inferior(not good), its better running older games on software mode. There seems to be changes in the driver at 14.34 and above where warcraft 3 doesnt run when in hardware mode. So best run old game in software mode you get better framerates and better game experience. Good luck :D

doakes

gave up on quake wars, ill leave that game for the desktop. downloaded the latest media graphics driver and upgraded my directx. tested 3 games so far

Counterstrike source: good online experiance (800 res with medium settings: ave 42 fps)
Day of Defeat: good online experiance (800 res with medium settings: ave 32 fps)
Halo: Combat Evolved Trial: good online experiance (800 res with medium settings: ave 40 fps)
(havent tried the full game yet, has anyone else?)

i'm running a lenovo 2 gig dual core, with gma x3100 intel media graphics accelerator.

galakfryar

Broken In
After thinking alot about buying a new processor for my sony vaio with gma x3100, I am taking a very good advice and buying a brand new laptop. Most probably ASUS with ATI HD3470 graphics card in it. I will update when I've made my decision :D

Strife

Broken In
After thinking alot about buying a new processor for my sony vaio with gma x3100, I am taking a very good advice and buying a brand new laptop. Most probably ASUS with ATI HD3470 graphics card in it. I will update when I've made my decision :D

In tha case why don't you get a cheaper laptop with a weaker graphics card to save some money and compensate by getting an ati external graphics card
*ati.amd.com/technology/xgp/index.html
All your new laptop needs is a pci-e 2.0 port which isnt too hards to come by and get the best of both worlds.
Anyway best wishes for your gaming future mate.

galakfryar

Broken In
Thanks m8, nice idea to get that ati xgp ... would save heaps. Im gonna look in to that and see what I can find out. Hopefully something wonderful :D

Torang

Broken In
New Driver For Vista:15.11.2
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2576&DwnldID=16942&lang=eng
:D

galakfryar

Broken In
I've made my decision on a laptop and I'm getting an asus laptop.
Specifications are here *shoppingsquare.com.au/p_5137_ASUS_154_M50VCAP012C_P8400_NOTEBOOK
Nice one :D

mvp12

i tested GRAW with the new driver for vista, also i patched the game, the game looks more fluid, but the fps still low between 5-15, whatever, now i can play it :D

Torang

Broken In
New Driver For Xp : 14.36.3 Final

XP:32Bit
*www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/intel_grafiktreiber/?url=22758
XP:64Bit
*www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/intel_grafiktreiber/?url=22759

Strife

Broken In
it seems that the new drivers support OpenGL* 2.0 plus extensions (Intel® G31, G33, Q33, & Q35 Express Chipsets not supported)

GameAddict

In the zone
Guys, rather than go through the previous posts, could somebody tell me how good is Gears of War on this chipset?

GA

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
can someone help me with FarCry???

all i get is a blue screen (not bsod), both on vista & XP.
*img211.imageshack.us/img211/3180/farcry0000zz1ei2.th.jpg*img211.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

if possible, give me a save game (2nd lvl)

Strife

Broken In
Guys, rather than go through the previous posts, could somebody tell me how good is Gears of War on this chipset?

GA

You can I've got it installed, but only on worst graphics and only about 10-15 fps on the border line of playable its up to you

Top Bottom