Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

Torang

Broken In
Windows VISTA 64 Bit latest driver=New Driver?!?!?!?!?!?
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2576&DwnldID=17221&lang=eng
Windows VISTA 32 Bit latest driver
Delete Link Not Found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Release Notes :
*downloadmirror.intel.com/17221/eng/relnotes_winvista64_gfx.htm

Last edited:

Strife

Broken In
Can any one tell me the frame rate of Gears of War on X3100 or X3500

First off hey everyone, havent been keeping up with this forum mostly because I'm no longer using the x3100......whew
Also great to see yesh1683 still maintaining this thread even thought he moved on ages ago.

@ Performance of some games.....CoD 5 same graphics engine as Cod 4 so technically no prob, only trouble is that there were some changes made to the settings of the game engine so at lowest settings there was lag, but fortunatly you can get the Cod 4 .ini files and replace the cod 5 ones with so then there is no lag.

Also for Left4dead....just pretty much same as HL2-ep 2 engine so shouldnt be a prob
Also for Gears of war.....hmmm wouldnt bother.....runs at about 10 fps at lowest settings...i mean lowest really bad so its upto you...in my experience it gave me a BSOD about 1/2 hr play

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
still using it for at least now..!!
Now i am planning to upgrade too.

For now Crysis - Warhead is playable @low 800x600 at 20-22 FPS.
Also Rise of the Argonauts working good too.

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
u guys play so high end games on G965 integrated chipset...does not it give high-pressure on m/c ?

I also have DG965RY...also know that it has SM3.0 ...but after reading this thread..I am totally surprised that still it can handle so high-end games..my god........

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I installed the latest intel 32 bit drivers for vista but they arent working well in Windows 7!!! The screen flickers after a few intervals of time....plz provide some alternative drivers for the GM965 chipset for windows 7 32 bit!

akash1988

Broken In
I installed the latest intel 32 bit drivers for vista but they arent working well in Windows 7!!! The screen flickers after a few intervals of time....plz provide some alternative drivers for the GM965 chipset for windows 7 32 bit!

Windows 7 has inbuilt graphics drivers which are newer than what is available by intel. So dont install graphics drivers in win7. I'm not experiencing any problem with WIn7.

GTA IV is running on 965G, but not playable. FPS are seriuosly low, becoz there arent any good graphics options in GTA 4. The lowest resolution is 800x600 and I cant turn off shadows and lighting effects. Which makes the game unplayable. If any one knows how to turn off shadows and lighting effects in GTA 4 and run the game in 640x480, then plz do tell. If these settings are provided then the game will run ok.

I'm presently playing silent hill homecoming, I'm running it at 640x480. The game is runs fine. But the game wud run even finer if the shadows are removed. In quality option only medium and high are provided. How to make it low? or if anyone knows how to make the game more smoother on intel965, then plz share it here.

Help will be appreciated!

shabu

Right off the assembly line
if i update my driver it gives me an error saying " display driver has stopped working normally" error..im using windows xp sp2...i wonder how u people updated ur graphics driver to the latest?? plzz help me..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'm presently playing silent hill homecoming, I'm running it at 640x480. The game is runs fine. But the game wud run even finer if the shadows are removed. In quality option only medium and high are provided. How to make it low? or if anyone knows how to make the game more smoother on intel965, then plz share it here.

Help will be appreciated!
SHH runs well on 800x600, just reduce the no of dynamic lights (a config file is therein the installed directory).

Only at some places where there are lots of dynamic lights, the game stutters a bit. Rest I played it completely on 965. A little bit of advice is to switch off the flash light as it drops the frame rate drastically. Fight enemies without flash light on. :D

akash1988

Broken In
Thankx T159 for ur reply.
Can u upload that config file onto rapidshare and give it to me? I will replace my file with that modified file. Plz upload it and give the link.

And what abt GTA 4? Has anyone played it on 965G. I hav tried running the game but its really slow. If there is any mod or config file change which wud make the game playable, plz send it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^sorry, but I deleted the whole game a few weeks back. You send me your config file I will edit some values and give it to you.

GTA 4 cant be played on 965 IMO. Though I havent tested it.

akash1988

Broken In
I dont know where the config file is. I uploaded some files from the bin folder

*www.mediafire.com/file/c3zjmnnwmqj/SilentConfig.zip

Which one of these is the config file? Plz do the modifications of the file and send it to me.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^well...the config file is in other directory, i don' remember exactly whats the name.

akash1988

Broken In
^^well...the config file is in other directory, i don' remember exactly whats the name.

Well the other directory is engine directory.
Here are files from engine folder.
*www.mediafire.com/file/zmjythy3mdi/Engine.rar

See if its here.

akash1988

Broken In
Hey T159 what happened??
Here are the files in Silent Hill Homecoming install folder
*www.mediafire.com/file/zmjythy3mdi/Engine.rar
*www.mediafire.com/file/c3zjmnnwmqj/SilentConfig.zip

If any one can modify them so that i can play SHH on my 965G then plz do help.

Top Bottom