Gonna buy Nokia N73 ME, Some queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^old news.SE said that n a prss release that it would be proving support to UIQ and now solely concentrate on WM and fature phones, now that SE phones will have support for wifi through project capuchin.SE phones will now support document viewers and play files such as avi.SE may also switch to android or Linux if need be.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
btw buy N73 it is 11k and convert is to ME for free

buy the adapter and Memory card separately still it will be around 12k

hi krates, is the conversion possible (i tink only software would change n; it will show 3g, however if it is already there(in simple n73 or n73-5 ) why not it is mentioned in manual??:!:

is it better to buy n73 or n73Me:confused::!::!:,
if i buy higher memory for n73(i think it is upto2 gb)
what to do with bundeled one? could it be sold. What is price of 2gb sd card,3.5 mm conversion adapter, creative ep-630

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
arey both have 3G dude who told you that N73 ME version is only having 3G

i think the 2 gig card will cost 700 and the adapter will cost 300 12k

or buy buy the me version so that there will be no problem

and this G700 does this come with a mem card ? i don't think so

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
arey both have 3G dude who told you that N73 ME version is only having 3G

i think the 2 gig card will cost 700 and the adapter will cost 300 12k

or buy buy the me version so that there will be no problem

and this G700 does this come with a mem card ? i don't think so

actually confusion was created due to n73-5 (available in my region )and few weeks ago it is also on nokia india site now it is not there ..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
G700 comes with a 1gb M2 and can be expanded upto 8gb.

Btw for people who might be considering G700, it is a bit slow. Apps take a lot of time to open. Phone takes ages to start and even after starting it takes a while to come to its senses. Maybe a firmware upgrade will solve this. Not sure though. It comes no where near the speed of my 5700.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Thanks for the replies everyone.

But now I'm really confused :confused: , whether to buy G700 or N73,

1. Since G700 lacks autofocus is this a major setback? and what difference will autofocus make?

2. And G700 has Symbian UIQ, and N73 Symbian S60, which is better?

3. And can G700 be installed with S60 apps and vice-versa?

4. And are there lotts of apps available for the G700?

5. And G700 has 3d capabilities rite?(Play games like NFS etc.).

6. And does C702 have Symbian?

7. And is there any way the G700 is better than the N73.

I would've gone for N81 but it has only 2MP cam.

Please bear with me guys :) .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the replies everyone.

But now I'm really confused :confused: , whether to buy G700 or N73,

1. Since G700 lacks autofocus is this a major setback? and what difference will autofocus make?

2. And G700 has Symbian UIQ, and N73 Symbian S60, which is better?

3. And can G700 be installed with S60 apps and vice-versa?

4. And are there lotts of apps available for the G700?

5. And G700 has 3d capabilities rite?(Play games like NFS etc.).

6. And does C702 have Symbian?

I would've gone for N81 but it has only 2MP cam.

Please bear with me guys :) .

1) Autofocus is useful when you have to take close up or macro's of certain small objects. If the camera lens is fixed focus, it will blur the image. In this case a camera lens having Autofocus comes to help.

2) IMO you should go with N73 which has s60 v3 as it has lots of softwares. You can extend it capablities by installing a varied types of softwares. While S60 UIQ has a few no of apps compared to S60 V3.

3) No. You can't install G700 apps on N73 and vice-versa.

4) As I said earlier there are apps for S60 UIQ, but they are few when compared with N73 ( S60 V3).

5)Yes, you can play 3D games.

6) No.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
G700 got touchscreen.....Better music playback.....The interface is faster than N73....160MB internal memory.

But if you need AutoFocus and can compromise on the other things like Touchscreen-Music playback, get N73 IMO. It is also having more applications than G700's Symbian UIQ.....

But if you don't need Symbian [S60 & UIQ], then C702 just pawns both....Though it lacks a touchscreen.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
1. So could I just buy an N73 for 11K and flash it to ME? Why is there a price difference of 2K then?

2. And could someone please provide a list of apps available for Symbian UIQ(G700) and Symbian S60 v3(N73 ME).

3. And which Symbian version is better(G700s or N73 MEs)? And what is the difference between them?

4. And both N73 and G700 has 256K colors screen and N81 has 16 million colours screen, so will there be a huge quality difference?

5. And N73 ME has Symbian 9.1 rite? Can I remove this and install Symbian 9.2 or 9.3?

6. Can I remove Symbian UIQ from G700 and install a later version of it and can I install Symbian 9.1 or later on the G700?

Please dont get frustrated guys, these are some nagging questions before I buy a mobile :) .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
1. So could I just buy an N73 for 11K and flash it to ME? Why is there a price difference of 2K then?

2. And could someone please provide a list of apps available for Symbian UIQ(G700) and Symbian S60 v3(N73 ME).

3. And which Symbian version is better(G700s or N73 MEs)? And what is the difference between them?

4. And both N73 and G700 has 256K colors screen and N81 has 16 million colours screen, so will there be a huge quality difference?

5. And N73 ME has Symbian 9.1 rite? Can I remove this and install Symbian 9.2 or 9.3?

6. Can I remove Symbian UIQ from G700 and install a later version of it and can I install Symbian 9.1 or later on the G700?

Please dont get frustrated guys, these are some nagging questions before I buy a mobile :) .

1) You can flash a normal N73 to Music Edition. The price difference is due to two headsets provided & a 2 GB memory card. The normal has just one headphone & a 1 GB card AFAIK.

2) Sorry, but the list is very long to be listed here. If you want just google it & you will get it.

4) 16 million screen provides a good video & photo viewing experience. 256K isn't bad, but you will notice the difference when you see both 16 million & 256K screens side-by-side.

5) No, you can't upgrade the symbian OS to new release like 9.2 or 9.3... Yuo can't on any phone as they are binded by hardware of the device.

6) Again, not possible.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

There is a 2gig mem card included and the headphones comes with an adapter (3.5 mm jack) and it is black in colour (looks great) btw buy the ME version

well actually no one can but if you want to see a highlight of it go to

[dot]sis.com (without braces) see the uiq zone (g700) there are very less appz and check the Symbian 9.1 zone (N73) see the appz (they are divided in 4 sections)

S60 V3 no doubt (N73)

Not at all yours eyes will not be able to judge the difference

NO

No

SPEED i think N73 is better after reading the below lines

Btw for people who might be considering G700, it is a bit slow. Apps take a lot of time to open. Phone takes ages to start and even after starting it takes a while to come to its senses. Maybe a firmware upgrade will solve this. Not sure though. It comes no where near the speed of my 5700.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
1) You can flash a normal N73 to Music Edition. The price difference is due to two headsets provided & a 2 GB memory card. The normal has just one headphone & a 1 GB card AFAIK.]

are there 2 headphones given with n73 ME one simple and one with 3.5 mm adapter??:!:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^huh??I guess ur confusing ROM with RAM.Correct me if I am wrong. :)

G700 has an internal memory of 160 mb.

As far as I know g700 has no bottlenecks when it comes to utilization of RAM.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I mean to say, take example of N73. It has 64 MB RAM, but only 20MB~ is there for the user as the rest is taken to load the Symbian OS.

In the same manner how much RAM is available to use in G700? After the OS is loaded & all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom