Gonna buy Nokia N73 ME, Some queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^dude thats the internal memory.The OS is loaded in the internal memory of the phone, the OS in the G700 is loaded in the internal memory which is projected at 160 mb and you have 120 mb free after that. Use your common sense, the components in a phone are directly related to what we get in the pc.U r confusing RAM with ROM.

Pathik

Google Bot
IMO dont get either of them. Get a newer fone. Like the 6110 navigator. N73's times are over. It ruled its times though. And the g700 is also more or less as laggy as the n73. Just that the 6110 has 2mp cam. If you can increase ur budget and if you dont need wifi get the new 6220 classic. And if you do, n82.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, keep on increasing and get the Xperia or the C905. :D
The g700 is just a firmy update away from shedding its lag.Dad's buying the G900,so will post a review of the phone in a few days. If you can do with an average cam and ok music quality go for the 5700.6110 is a slider and nokias sliders are not what we can term dependable.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Well my budget is max 14K, any idea when N82 maybe around 14K-15K :D ,

1. And N73 is around 2 years old right?

2. And its not like its currently obselete or anything rite?

3. It definately beats the crap outta other mobiles in this price range(13K-14K) range rite?

4. From where dou you guys suggest me to buy the mobile?(Sangeetha, The Mobile Store etc.)(Someone who has some offers, gifts etc.)?

5. And I wanna buy an Airtel SIM, how much will they charge totally for some special numbers like say 9900077753 or 9900773335 etc. ?

6. And how is the battery life of N73 ME? What would the talktime be after some months?

These are my final questions before purchasing Nokia N73 ME.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

3. It definately beats the crap outta other mobiles in this price range(13K-14K) range rite?

4. From where dou you guys suggest me to buy the mobile?(Sangeetha, The Mobile Store etc.)(Someone who has some offers, gifts etc.)?

5. And I wanna buy an Airtel SIM, how much will they charge totally for some special numbers like say 9900077753 or 9900773335 etc. ?

6. And how is the battery life of N73 ME? What would the talktime be after some months?

1) Yes.

2) It isn't obsolete, it is now a VFM phone.

3) There are alternatives in this range from SE like K810i, K850i(a little costlier), N81 etc. But it's like I said a VFM phone.

4) I suggest not to buy from Nokia or Subhiksha. I vote for Mobile Store. I donno about their current offers.

5) Enquire with Airtel.

6) The phone provides good talktime. If you do not plan to use GPRS, then the phone can serve you well for 2-3 days, with couple hours of talking. AFAICR it has a 1200 Mah battery.

Go ahead & purchase it. :)
Don't forget to post your opinion once you get it.

^^^^dude thats the internal memory.The OS is loaded in the internal memory of the phone, the OS in the G700 is loaded in the internal memory which is projected at 160 mb and you have 120 mb free after that. Use your common sense, the components in a phone are directly related to what we get in the pc.U r confusing RAM with ROM.

I ain't confused betwwen RAM & ROM.
I think you yourself are. :rolleyes:
In simple words tell me how much RAM, I Repeat RAM is available for tasking??

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone

Dreamcatcher dude you are getting confused between internal memory , ram & rom

Pathik

Google Bot
ROM is the memory where the firmware or the OS of the phone is stored. It cannot be changed without a flash.

RAM is well, RAM. :D

Internal Memory is the internal flash storage where you can save your own files. And where the current user settings are saved. It can be erased with a format.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hello.Theres no "internal memory" or "ROM" seperate in a phone.The internal memory is where the OS is stored.G700 has 160 mb internal memory and 128 mb ram.The OS gets stored in the internal memory and 120 mb memory is left after it is done with.I have never heard anything about any bottlenecks in RAM utilization..U tell me,If u have 2 gb ram in ur computer how much is "actually used for tasking"?? baseless question.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
[4) I suggest not to buy from Nokia or Subhiksha. I vote for Mobile Store. I donno about their current offers.]

why mobile store is suggested over others:!:, i am planning to buy 4om nokia:!:

Power UP

In the zone
@dreamcatcher
In a N series phone like N73 you have the following.

1. Internal memory : Used for storing contacts,settings and your other customization files.

2. Ram : A volatile memory for loading OS and also used by apps.

3. ROM : Used for storing the core symbian os files. Is read only.

Internal memory and Rom are not the same.

ex. Even if you fill up the internal memory, the free ram on boot will be around 20Mb in a phone like n73

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
How come when we buy a phone, any phone say, theres an internal memory listed.. But eventually we actually get a part less than what is promised.That part is used by the OS. and what you are saying about the RAM part is true, but it depends on the circumstancesa.There is no bottleneck saying that RAM more than 96 mb cannot be utilized or anything.If you use a performance manager, you will see that the amount of free ram differs from time to time.

Pathik

Google Bot
The whole OS isnt stored in the internal memory. The Core OS always lies in the ROM. When you run the OS the temp files and the user settings etc are stored in the Internal memory. You can resurrect the whole OS using just the files in the ROM.
If you consider a symbian fone,
Internal Memory -> C:
Ram/Cache-> D:
ROM-> Z:

praka123

left this forum longback
@OP :I bought a N73 ME a week back and am completely satisfied with this phone.techy ppl will find fones with out symbian/uiq boring.just my 2 anna's. ;)

Can we erase and reinstall ROM in fone ?
@GURU's : can you tell me how to stop the "blue" light flashing every 3 sec or so in N73ME :evil: yeah ,it is infront just left of the webcamera in the front.irritating.

BTW ,I have switched off infrared,bluetooth whatever.but this damn thing is not stopping.It flashes whole night and I cant sleep well . :rolleyes:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

dude, dont worry ..get n73me ..its a fantastic phone for its price ..its battery life is very good.. during load shedding times, i used to watch 3-4 movies on it using smart movie player .. and although its 2yrs old its a fine phone.. by the way its the best selling n series handset till now .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^Yea thats what am trying to say.ROM is factory defined.When you update the firmware of a phone, everything except the kernel gets updated. But where does the RAM come in all this??RAM is arandom access memory and has the same functionalities as RAM in a computer and there can be no seperate drives for it.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ yup i agree with dream where come ram comes in all this

the os is there in the rom

the internal memory is used for storing files contacts and all

btw i get around 45mb ram in my N73 not 20mb

Power UP

In the zone
@GURU's : can you tell me how to stop the "blue" light flashing every 3 sec or so in N73ME :evil: yeah ,it is infront just left of the webcamera in the front.irritating.

BTW ,I have switched off infrared,bluetooth whatever.but this damn thing is not stopping.It flashes whole night and I cant sleep well . :rolleyes:
Flip the phone :D

How come when we buy a phone, any phone say, theres an internal memory listed.. But eventually we actually get a part less than what is promised.
lol this is almost same like buying a 80Gb hardisk but only getting really around 73 or 74Gb space.
******* marketing tactics :rolleyes:

praka123

left this forum longback
Can we erase and reinstall ROM in fone ?

BTW ,I have switched off infrared,bluetooth whatever.but this damn thing is not stopping.It flashes whole night and I cant sleep well . :rolleyes:[/quote]`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom