GFX for $350

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I am buying a gfx(finally) from amazon or newegg and will get it shipped to india just because gfx prices in india are too high. My budget is $350. Config in signature.

I was thinking about an hd 7870. Also i could get 2x6870 for the same price.

Another thing i want to ask is that i hav a gen2 mobo so buying a gen3 card would perform better than a gen2 card in my case?

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
Newegg.com - XFX Double D Black Edition FX-795A-TDBC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

get it for 30 USD more.
Performs very close Stock 7970, overclock it and you go past the 7970.
With the new driver update, the AMD cards have become even sweeter.

Don't CF old generation cards, they will lose driver support overtime, hence the life will be reduced. CF needs a good driver support.

I have only heard EVGA to honor international warranty, that too I have read in some forums, can't confirm myself. So for AMD cards warranty is already a toast.

If EVGA does honor International warranty OP can wait for 660, which is very soon going to be launched.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am buying a gfx(finally) from amazon or newegg and will get it shipped to india just because gfx prices in india are too high. My budget is $350. Config in signature.
What if the card goes bad here?

EVGA's international warranty might NOT work out here. EVGA's presence in India is virtually nil. Dunno even if Tirupati has them in stock or not. Last I heard they were the distributors.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Will warranty become void if i buy from amazon?
Is there really any international warranty?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you really want to enjoy headache of running from service center to service center and eventually may have to send the GPU to a different city if something goes wrong with it. Cause even if there is international warranty, but if Tirupati doesn't have any EVGA gpu with them you'll be sent home with a repaired GPU.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^there is very little chance of getting a faulty piece. Moreover if i can avail a warranty, its completely fine.

What exactly is Tirupati?
Now my last question, what about import duties?[I am going to order multiple things(maybe 2-4 other things)]

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^basically with import duties and stuff u will end up paying wayy more than ur budget...
get a gpu from india itself...

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yep, you'll end up paying more with no warranty :|

If someone lives abroad, then you can avoid the Custom, Shipping charges, Import Duties etc.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^we are talking about gtx 670.

Someone my father knows is in US for the time being and will return in a few days. That person can get me the GFX.
"The problem of import duties, taxes, etc. - SOLVED"

Now some of you are saying the warranty will be void, some of you are saying EVGA offers global warranty and some are saying that its warranty is of no use in india. What is really the matter?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^u get from outside India...u get NO warranty.
EVGA has NO brand presence in INDIA,no corporate offices...nothing...so forget about global warranty...

koolent

Youngling
The matter will be over when you try to game hard or OC even a bit. The danger will hover among your head of loosing 22k !!

It can also go bad while simple desktop performance. A burnt transistor worth Rs. 10 can spoil the whole damn 22k !!

I think you get it. Please purchase locally. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now some of you are saying the warranty will be void, some of you are saying EVGA offers global warranty and some are saying that its warranty is of no use in india. What is really the matter?
Understand this.

* EVGA says - "we give international warranty."
* A company named Tirupati imports/distributes EVGA products in India last time we checked. The last time they imported an EVGA product was when dinosaurs prevailed. (iirc, I've seen only GTX 465 2 years back. lol. That too very limited availability. EVGA GTX 260/80 were readily available though.)
* You buy an EVGA GTX 670 from Newegg and get it shipped to India. (via ICCWorld or your father's friend)
* Unluckily the EVGA GTX 670 dies or suffers from some problem after a couple of months.
* You go to Tirupati for replacement. But as I said, the last time Tirupati imported an EVGA product was when dinosaurs prevailed, what will they do? They can't give you a new GTX 670 easily because they don't have one themselves.

No other company offers International warranty. EVGA does but it is worthless looking at India's scenario. EVGA's presence in India is ZERO.

Conclusion: If you want warranty, buy from India.

A HD 7870 from Gigabyte Factory Overclocked to 1100 Mhz is available for Rs. 22,000 from SMCInternational.in.

The same model is available for $340 on Newegg. May be you could add shipping to your father's friend's place as well.

$340 * 57 = Rs. 19,380.

Difference = ~2.5K. I'd say, buy from India.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Thanks guys for your advice i will go with a factory overclocked gigabyte hd 7870 as ico said and thanks for explaining the warranty thing.

Top Bottom